Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2007, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by ezmonee
yes, it waives underage fee, but with a catch. That is the EMPLOYEE code. if the location has any skill, you will be asked to show your employee swipe card. A153722 is now used for family of employees, but its use requires an accompanying letter of introduction on company letterhead with the name of the manager writing the letter, the employee relation, and the name of the employee. A153722 does NOT waive underage fee. It also has the phone number (cell) of the manager who wrote the letter and Avis managers almost ALWAYS answer their cell. I was told not answering my cell means that I am not on duty, ergo my company rental car should be turned in as it is for "on duty" use only. so I always answered my phone.

So you can try...but i know people who were banned from renting with avis for getting caught using this. If caught, best case scenario, you need to find a new car on the fly, or pay the walk up rate for underage no reservation, worst, you can never rent with Avis and Budget RAC again.

Thanks for the insight. I think it'd not be a good idea to use this then as I rent from Avis all the time for my official travel and getting blocked would be a big deal as my company has an agreement from Avis only.
Do you know of any other "SAFE" code which waives the underage fee?

Cheers

Sunny
Old Feb 16, 2007, 3:49 am

I've been trying to figure a way out so as to get a good rate and avoid the under-age fee but it seems, THERE IS NO WAY OUT.
If I try to use an AWD which waives the under-age fee, I have to use the "check the lowest rate" to get a good deal but doing that leaves the benefits out which means I have to pay the under-age fee. If I check the corporate rate, its way higher than the usual. In any case I'm paying way more than the usual.
I've browsed through hundreds of pages in this forum and could only see a lone post regarding this issue and that too with nobody pitching in with a solution and that was way back in 2004.
Is there really "NO WAY OUT"?
There are so many smart people around, there has to be a way out.
I'm gng to meet my girlfriend tomorrow in Dallas. Considering its a financial suicide to go meet her on the weekend following V-Day, wherein I'd be made to pay for her V-Day shopping spree, it'd be nice to save something on a car.

Cheers

Sunny

Last edited by sunnysangwan; Feb 16, 2007 at 1:22 pm
Old Feb 16, 2007, 9:13 pm

part of the problem is "there is no code that waives" underage fee.

There are only codes that are "negotiated rates that allow underage renters."

Those codes are based upon negotiated rates that those companies agreed to. For example, There are a few firms in Seattle area that have underage capable company codes. Those codes are NOT the normal codes that the company uses. They have two sets of codes. The first code is the standard over 25 code. The second one is an underage code that is more expensive.

When a company negotiates underage codes with Avis, they put an additional fee ito the price, which is why you see a more expensive rate. So its up to the company to decide "would it be better to have two codes, and let the younger renters pay much higher rates, and we reimburse them" or "allow all employees under one rate, causing a cheaper overall rate, but more expensive than if we chose to not allow underage renters."

The best underage code that I know of is a WalMart Distribution center code in Oklahoma. tulsa I believe. Nationwide under 25 was around 26 dollars a day compact non peak. Your SUPPOSED to show ID proof of employment or bring a paystub, but many locations forget.

The next question your gonna ask me is "whats the code"?

I dont remember it. I gave you all the info I know already. If you are capable of calling the call center and booking a reservation without alerting them to the deception, go right ahead. Once you have it, use the res number and go to avis.com and look at the reservation online. You will see the AWD there.
Old Feb 20, 2007, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by he_seems_ok
Thank you very much Coastergirl. This code reduced all other decent code selections by almost $100 for a Thur-Mon Final 4 weekend trip to Atlanta.

Seems almost too good to be true, but I'll take it.

Thanks again.
It is an awesome code, isn't it? We have used it for for several rentals over the last few years. My understanding, from the Florida Visitor's Bureau, is that it is a code used for weddings in Florida, and anyone can use it. ^
Old Feb 20, 2007, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
Getting a little frustrated. Looking to reserve Full-Size rental 7-13march Pick Up Manhattan NY - Drop off EWR.

I've tried nearly all the AWD posted here and I’m getting no luck with any apart from the two I cant use (i.e. Avis employee codes)

Anyone got suggestions?
Old Feb 21, 2007, 10:18 am

Programs: AA PLT (Lifetime GLD), Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver, AA Dining VIP
Code no longer valid?

Originally Posted by coastergirl
J868801 has always given us very good rates at MCO. It's a corp rate I got from the Florida visitor's bureau a few years ago. Available to anyone.

I'm using it again this April.
Is this number an AWD or a coupon number? I was trying to book at MCO for March 29-April 4th and it is not working.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by AA-Platinum
Is this number an AWD or a coupon number? I was trying to book at MCO for March 29-April 4th and it is not working.
It's an AWD number. Maybe it's not working because I think you're there around spring break.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA PLT (Lifetime GLD), Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver, AA Dining VIP
Up to 15% Savings plus up 3000 miles on rentals in Europe

http://yourcountry.swiss.com/local/a...s-article2.htm
Old Mar 5, 2007, 4:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Anyone know where the code B9999000 is from?

The staff member I rented with used it to get me a "smallish" discount at the weekend.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 1:15 pm

how to find great AWD's

I'm new to this forum but not so new to traveling ;-) Anyway, I thought I would share my little tricks on finding great Avis (and other car rental companies) AWD's.

I simply search Google using the following keywords:
Conference May 2007 Orlando Avis AWD

(of course, adjust month, year, city, rental car company, and rental car company code - i.e., 'AWD' for Avis, 'BCD' for budget, etc.)

The fun part is, that the AWD's you get are published ones and as long as you can convince the clerk that you are going to whatever conference, then you are in good shape. The key is to look for "BIG" conferences (IEEE, Telecommunication, Medical, etc.) not those little "Brickmaker Assoc.", ...

For example, Orlando is hosting a IEEE conference in March and if you are there, use AWD code A606094, or in May use AWD T706699 for a Telecommunication conference, ... both of these codes knock off about 40% (!) and even work (at a lower discount) elsewhere ...

Well, those are my 2-cents worth ...
Old Mar 7, 2007, 1:20 pm

actually, not a bad idea. Conferences usually get decent discounts, as good as the best AWD's for corporations around. The benefit is that you usually do not need to show any ids for these AWD's.

Originally Posted by my2centsworth
I'm new to this forum but not so new to traveling ;-) Anyway, I thought I would share my little tricks on finding great Avis (and other car rental companies) AWD's.

I simply search Google using the following keywords:
Conference May 2007 Orlando Avis AWD

(of course, adjust month, year, city, rental car company, and rental car company code - i.e., 'AWD' for Avis, 'BCD' for budget, etc.)

The fun part is, that the AWD's you get are published ones and as long as you can convince the clerk that you are going to whatever conference, then you are in good shape. The key is to look for "BIG" conferences (IEEE, Telecommunication, Medical, etc.) not those little "Brickmaker Assoc.", ...

For example, Orlando is hosting a IEEE conference in March and if you are there, use AWD code A606094, or in May use AWD T706699 for a Telecommunication conference, ... both of these codes knock off about 40% (!) and even work (at a lower discount) elsewhere ...

Well, those are my 2-cents worth ...
Old Mar 7, 2007, 1:21 pm

"american automobile association" aka AAA.

Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
Anyone know where the code B9999000 is from?

The staff member I rented with used it to get me a "smallish" discount at the weekend.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 1:25 pm

Where do I start?

I am attempting to rent a car for a vacation from April 7th (landing in Fort Lauderdale) (will be driving to Jensen Beach and Leaving from Fort Lauderdale Monday April 16th around 5am. I will be travelling with another adult 1 infant, 1 toddler and two pre teens so it appears I may need a bigger vehicle. With all of my searching I am shocked at the rates I am seeing. Can anyone suggest how I might begin to find a car with a reasonable rate....thank you.
Dawn
Old Mar 7, 2007, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by dawncentanni
I am attempting to rent a car for a vacation from April 7th (landing in Fort Lauderdale) (will be driving to Jensen Beach and Leaving from Fort Lauderdale Monday April 16th around 5am. I will be travelling with another adult 1 infant, 1 toddler and two pre teens so it appears I may need a bigger vehicle. With all of my searching I am shocked at the rates I am seeing. Can anyone suggest how I might begin to find a car with a reasonable rate....thank you.
Dawn
Try a priceline bid for a full size or premmium. I do not know what the laws are as far as "pre teens" in the front seat, but that may restrict you to SUV's and vans if they such a law.

I would suggest to start bidding for a full size at about 22 a day and have several emails handy in case they input bid restrictions (which happens). walk your way up until your bid gets accepted. when its accepted, priceline will offer you upgrades within their system for x dollars more per day. use those options to decide which would be best.

remember that you will be locked into this deal no matter what, itll be prepaid.
You could also try hotwire, but they will be a tad more expensive, but there you can see the prices without comittment.
Old Mar 20, 2007, 9:30 am

Busted on Employee Code??

Okay so used this code a few times and recently was busted for not being an employee. Told them I did not make the reservation and ended up paying full fare. Does anyone know if I will be flagged from now on???

Originally Posted by ezmonee
yes, it waives underage fee, but with a catch. That is the EMPLOYEE code. if the location has any skill, you will be asked to show your employee swipe card. A153722 is now used for family of employees, but its use requires an accompanying letter of introduction on company letterhead with the name of the manager writing the letter, the employee relation, and the name of the employee. A153722 does NOT waive underage fee. It also has the phone number (cell) of the manager who wrote the letter and Avis managers almost ALWAYS answer their cell. I was told not answering my cell means that I am not on duty, ergo my company rental car should be turned in as it is for "on duty" use only. so I always answered my phone.

So you can try...but i know people who were banned from renting with avis for getting caught using this. If caught, best case scenario, you need to find a new car on the fly, or pay the walk up rate for underage no reservation, worst, you can never rent with Avis and Budget RAC again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.