Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2006, 10:29 am

Programs: united airlines
Originally Posted by Khabibul35
I'm going for spring break in kiruna, sweden. Way off the beaten path in the arctic circle with a population of a whopping 23,000. The standard rate is from any other company that'd I've checked is $120 a day, with the D005591 I'll be getting $28... would that raise eyebrowes even if it didn't show up as ID needed? I've heard 2 or 3 people in the thread mention using this code in Europe hassle free. Anyone else want to throw their experience in the pot?
IIRC, Kiruna is the northernmost point on the Swedish rail system, or at least it was when I stopped there briefly traveling on my way from Narvik, the northernmost point on the Norwegian rail system, in late June of 1967. It was right around the summer solstice and there was very little night and a big party going on.

$120 to $28 is one helluva a savings, especially if you are renting for more than a day. Indeed, I don't know when I have heard of an instance when knowing the password, code, or whatever resulted in such an extraordinary discount.

Is D005591 supposed to be good beyond Europe (e.g., Australia and/or New Zealand, where we are headed in a couple of days)? Will go online and see if it brings up a lower price Down Under. Right now, with no discounts, Hertz
beats Avis and the others on a mid-size car.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
me too

Originally Posted by WindBeneathMyWings
Does anyone know if one has to verify their Starwood Preferred Guest status when having used the code K860600, picking up the rental car at Avis? It is the only code that I have found to be offering a decent rate in Hawaii over Christmas, and I won't be able to provide documentation of Starwood Status.

I have also tried the code D833357. Does anyone know what the story is on this code?

Thanks in advance,

J.
I have found this rate works VERY nice for hawaii, saved me about 600$ on 10 day SUV rental for the fam.

Never had to present a thang!
Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by nmenaker
I have found this rate works VERY nice for hawaii, saved me about 600$ on 10 day SUV rental for the fam.

Never had to present a thang!
"Quote:
Does anyone know if one has to verify their Starwood Preferred Guest status when having used the code K860600, picking up the rental car at Avis? It is the only code that I have found to be offering a decent rate in Hawaii over Christmas, and I won't be able to provide documentation of Starwood Status.

I have also tried the code D833357. Does anyone know what the story is on this code?"

NMENAKER, do you know which of these two codes, K860600 or D833357 you used?
Old Nov 6, 2006, 11:47 am

Programs: united airlines
"Quote:

I have also tried the code D833357. Does anyone know what the story is on this code?"

NMENAKER, do you know which of these two codes, K860600 or D833357 you used?
Can't one determine in advance whether a code may work by trying it online or telling the CSR that this is the code that will be used? If the rate quoted on the phone or online doesn't drop, that it's a non-starter, right, since it isn't likely to work later at the rental site. If the rate does drop when the code is entered online or given to the CSR, then there is only the question of whether one will be required to present identification or answer questions at time of rental, I imagine.

(Still haven't looked for an Avis rate for myself with these codes, but will later. Does anyone know any that are definitely good in AU and NZ?)
Old Nov 6, 2006, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by itsme
Can't one determine in advance whether a code may work by trying it online or telling the CSR that this is the code that will be used? If the rate quoted on the phone or online doesn't drop, that it's a non-starter, right, since it isn't likely to work later at the rental site. If the rate does drop when the code is entered online or given to the CSR, then there is only the question of whether one will be required to present identification or answer questions at time of rental, I imagine.

(Still haven't looked for an Avis rate for myself with these codes, but will later. Does anyone know any that are definitely good in AU and NZ?)
Yes. What you wrote is true.

I am well aware that both of the mentioned codes 'work' in Hawaii.

The question remains: Is it necessary to provide some sort of verification that one is entitled to use the said code (ie:Starwood Preferred Status Card) with either of the said codes?

Last edited by WindBeneathMyWings; Nov 6, 2006 at 12:01 pm Reason: typo!
Old Nov 6, 2006, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I think it was the K code

I just did it online, and it gave me a great rate.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 11:13 am

Programs: Silver Level: DL, Non-Elite: AS, UA, AA, WN
Originally Posted by itsme
IIRC, Kiruna is the northernmost point on the Swedish rail system, or at least it was when I stopped there briefly traveling on my way from Narvik, the northernmost point on the Norwegian rail system, in late June of 1967. It was right around the summer solstice and there was very little night and a big party going on.

$120 to $28 is one helluva a savings, especially if you are renting for more than a day. Indeed, I don't know when I have heard of an instance when knowing the password, code, or whatever resulted in such an extraordinary discount.

Is D005591 supposed to be good beyond Europe (e.g., Australia and/or New Zealand, where we are headed in a couple of days)? Will go online and see if it brings up a lower price Down Under. Right now, with no discounts, Hertz
beats Avis and the others on a mid-size car.
In response, to getting it down from $128....that's not exactly true. $120 per day was what I was quoted by just about every other rental company. Avis was half that at a little under $60, $28 after the coupon. That's less than I've paid in the US (granted I didn't know about FT back then). It just seems like the Swedes, who tend to be much more thorough in general in my observation, might try to double check this price is right... leading to me having to explain more about how I got that rate, more than I would like to explain at least, even if the code doesn't say ID needed

Last edited by Khabibul35; Nov 7, 2006 at 11:19 am
Old Nov 13, 2006, 10:39 am

Help!!!

Originally Posted by tallboy
I have used similar codes in Sweden two or three times without any hassle or even a remark.
Guys please help me I am trying to book at cdg (paris) from Nov 22 to Nov 28

I tried D005591 but the rate wasn't great (151 usd base rate, translates to 233 w/ taxes).

Any codes advice?

thanks ^
Ismail
Old Nov 13, 2006, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by ismail
Guys please help me I am trying to book at cdg (paris) from Nov 22 to Nov 28

I tried D005591 but the rate wasn't great (151 usd base rate, translates to 233 w/ taxes).

Any codes advice?

thanks ^
Ismail

omg went on avis.fr instead and entered the code there got a prepaid inclusive rate of 112 euros for a subcompact and 6 full days! sweeeeet ^

if anybody can better this lemme know though
Old Nov 13, 2006, 11:54 am

Programs: AA 2MM, DL 1MM, Marriott PLAT, AVIS CHRMn Club, NATIONAL Exec Elite
try T111949

Originally Posted by ismail
omg went on avis.fr instead and entered the code there got a prepaid inclusive rate of 112 euros for a subcompact and 6 full days! sweeeeet ^

if anybody can better this lemme know though
Old Nov 13, 2006, 11:14 pm

came to 172 euros. thx though
Old Nov 15, 2006, 6:37 am
Original Poster

L093590 includes LDW

Originally Posted by idealflyer
Tried this quote last weekend but LDW was not free. Are we sure there is a discount code that includes it? I would be interested in knowing. I was showing the option of 22.99 a day (higher than the weekend daily rate) for this.
Yes, L093590 still includes LDW at no charge. The LDW "included" will not show on the reservation, but if you ask the agent she will tell you that it is included in the rate. In my humble opinion I find L093590 to give the most consistantly low rates with no hassle and LDW included. I used to try 5 or more AWD's for every reservation, and every code has "strings attached" and risk of denial without i.d., etc..etc.. Now I just use the "L" code and I know I'm getting a guaranteed reservation, LDW included, and a geat rate. Maybe a couple bucks higher or lower than some other code, but without any risk or hassle. Most people in my company have come to the same conclusion and all use the "L" code.
Just one man's opinion.
Old Nov 15, 2006, 12:19 pm

[QUOTE=closecover]Thanks for the tip. I just used it for a reservation and found it to be better than the other codes I found on this site (except for the Cendant employee code, which I just cannot do). What do I need to be to qualify (left-handed, albino, a member of the international brotherhood of stone cutters, a Red Sox fan)?

K817625 is only good through 2006 and can be used by anyone. It is listed on the Delta Airlines website and is for Delta FF members, but anyone can join Delta FF. Avis has never asked me for my Delta I.D., but if you want 250 miles per day, join Delta Skymiles.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 11:56 pm

Programs: double EX-PLT
discount code comparison

Quotes for 7 days 12 hours on a Trailblazer + intermediate car

ASAP 367.00 - 216.00
costco 343.78 - 214.63
L332364 343.78 - 214.63
starwood 381.98 - 269.98
Old Nov 17, 2006, 8:09 am
Original Poster

This code did nothing for me

Mike,
I tried this code (T111949) several times and it did nothing special at all for me on domestic rentals.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong? What makes you feel this code is so special?
I tried it at several locations and it gave me a standard (nothing great) discount with nothing else (no LDW, etc.. etc..) Just about all the other "good" codes that I entered gave a better deal than this 'T' code and had things like free LDW..etc. I'm always looking for new codes "better" rates.

I think that people that rent frequently realize that the "daily rate" is not the only factor in determining whether a rate is good or not. Unlimited mileage, drop-off fees, Free LDW, etc. etc. all need to be added to the "bottom line" when you consider a rate.

In my opinion, the insurance issue is without doubt the single biggest concern for my rentals. Yes, my auto insurance covers rentals. But do you really
want to put a claim in on your personal policy for an insurance rental loss? I don't. Do you realize that your also responsible for the loss of use? (the period that the rental company cannot rent the car while it is being repaired).
This is often a higher rate than the repair rate itself. Credit card coverage is "iffy" and getting more limited and restrictive all the time. It does not cover trucks, no SUV's, no drivers under 25, no drivers not listed on agreement, no long term rentals, etc. etc. etc.

I've spoken to several Insurance Agents and they all recommend buying the coverage from the rental company. The thought today is to avoid at all costs filing a claim with your own insurer. Insurance companies today are dropping policies , often after only a single claim. Save your insurance for the instance when it really makes sense and the amount of the claim is really sizeable.

LDW from the rental companies is in the $20-$25 daily range. Thats a lot of money. But I believe it's still a pretty good value, especialy for short term rentals. This fee let's you, your insurance company, and your credit card company "off the hook" if you smash up the rental vehicle. Without the LDW,
whether your at fault or not, you are responsible for resolving the payment to the rental company.

My suggestion is to find the best rate you can, that includes LDW at no cost. Your getting an insurance product valued at about $22 per day for absolutely free. In my opinion, that's a better deal than finding a rate that may be $20 bucks lower for the entire week (that equals only a $3 daily value). Seems like a "no brainer" to me.

I'd be interested in hearing any counterpoints to this theory.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.