Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2006, 4:40 pm

Avis code

I was looking for the best rate and found it with this code: A153700. Can anyone tell me what this code is for and if it's wise to use it. Thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2006, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by jaq121897
I was looking for the best rate and found it with this code: A153700. Can anyone tell me what this code is for and if it's wise to use it. Thanks!
The code trouble my friend. Don't use it. I had luck with C031529 (some technology corporation) at various locations.
Old Dec 8, 2006, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by grayland
Has anyone ever used a code that was questioned or denied?
I can't recall seeing a post about this.
yes. And I have been the one to question them.

A153700-A153799 will always be questioned.
ALWAYS.

By rule, any AWD code that pops up as "corprate will need some sort of ID.
Just two months ago, AARP and a few others, the computer prompts the employee to get proof of eligibility. Within a matter of a year every company corporate account (if the company requests it) will ask for ID or proof. That doesnt mean the agent will ask you for it.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 3:12 am

Hey ezmonee,

How about D005297? ID required? Thanks.

Originally Posted by ezmonee
yes. And I have been the one to question them.

A153700-A153799 will always be questioned.
ALWAYS.

By rule, any AWD code that pops up as "corprate will need some sort of ID.
Just two months ago, AARP and a few others, the computer prompts the employee to get proof of eligibility. Within a matter of a year every company corporate account (if the company requests it) will ask for ID or proof. That doesnt mean the agent will ask you for it.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by wearenotlow
Hey ezmonee,

How about D005297? ID required? Thanks.
i do believe its okay...if you read this thread earlier many poeple have used it without problems.

but i am no longer at avis so it would be difficult for me to check.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 9:36 am

Programs: AA PLT (Lifetime GLD), Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver, AA Dining VIP
January 2007

Most of the special discounts seem to end on December 31st. I have to be in Atlanta in early January. Does anyone have any good codes?

Thanks
Old Dec 13, 2006, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AA-Platinum
Most of the special discounts seem to end on December 31st. I have to be in Atlanta in early January. Does anyone have any good codes?
Thanks
Try L093590. It includes free LDW. Have used this code for years with great success. I was not aware that some of the other codes expired at the end of the year.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by bob1008
Try L093590. It includes free LDW. Have used this code for years with great success. I was not aware that some of the other codes expired at the end of the year.
Have anyone actually tried to claim insurance with this code? Was it succesful?
Old Dec 13, 2006, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by Acrossenger
Have anyone actually tried to claim insurance with this code? Was it succesful?
I have heard three cases of people getting caught and placed on the do not rent list.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by ezmonee
I have heard three cases of people getting caught and placed on the do not rent list.
Wow, back the bus up. Getting caught using an AWD you are not authorized for get you one way ticket to do not rent list? Besides, I was under the impression L093590 is a free for all code.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Wow, back the bus up. Getting caught using an AWD you are not authorized for get you one way ticket to do not rent list? Besides, I was under the impression L093590 is a free for all code.
I've used the LDW feature 2x that I can remember in the past . Each was a relatively small issue, but no problem each time. A co-worker of mine did some really substantial damage, and after filling out the Avis report, he never had another contact with Avis re: the accident. I have no idea what the Avis policy is on followup to LDW claims....but I suspect they are not too rigid. I'd like to hear if anyone has ever been denied LDW as per the situation you described above. I've never once seen it on this board where anyone has had an issue with LDW.

Ezmonee, can you tell us a bit more about the cases you mentioned?(i.e. codes used, exact issue that caused the Do Not Rent, etc.). I don't doubt your information, it's just that my first hand experience has been just the opposite. Also....in the worst case scenario that the LDW is declined, the credit card coverage or personal auto policy coverage can be implemented at any time. I don't see the issue or risk, in my opinion.

If anyone reading this has ever been declined LDW using one of the "open" codes, please educate us. Thanks.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 1PMM,AAG; usedtobeelite
Originally Posted by bob1008
Also....in the worst case scenario that the LDW is declined, the credit card coverage or personal auto policy coverage can be implemented at any time. I don't see the issue or risk, in my opinion.
I wonder what would happen if Avis declined to honor the "included" LDW waiver, and assessed the renter for damages. Would the credit card insurance coverage be declined because LDW was not "declined" on the original rental?
Old Dec 15, 2006, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Warrenlm
I wonder what would happen if Avis declined to honor the "included" LDW waiver, and assessed the renter for damages. Would the credit card insurance coverage be declined because LDW was not "declined" on the original rental?
LDW was declined on the original rental. Because LDW is included in the rental rate, I have to initial (decline) the additional LDW on every contract.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 2:29 pm
m44

Programs: USAir
Any new valid code for Marshall School of Business of USC

Yhe old code does not seem to work anylonger - it served very well in Europe some 30 - 40% off.
Can you suggest something comparable or the new code Marshall? Please.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 2:38 pm
m44

Programs: USAir
Are codes blacklisted?

The code trouble my friend. Don't use it. I had luck with C031529 (some technology corporation) at various locations.
WHEn I put this code in - it kicks back to the reservation starting page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.