FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo-716/)
-   -   LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo/1580174-lm-f-j-routes-occasional-trick-rebooted-v2-0-a.html)

AirCanada881 Jun 3, 2014 2:58 am

Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer (Post 22969340)
Of course availability is bad. Now that lm and its tricks have become so mainstream every seat will be snapped up in a jiffy.

I think you meant jeffy ;)

scibuff Jun 3, 2014 4:05 am

TK first class with plentiful seats for virtually every day in july - i wonder whether that's intended or not ...

AirCanada881 Jun 3, 2014 4:06 am

Originally Posted by scibuff (Post 22969496)
TK first class with plentiful seats ... hmmm

http://i.imgur.com/xkMOJvN.png

That's my birthday :-D If only TK had a first class...

hannes08 Jun 3, 2014 4:18 am

TK first class with plentiful seats for virtually every day in july - i wonder whether that's intended or not ...

Just the boomer is missing....

zagy Jun 3, 2014 4:20 am

That has been around for quite some time. You could even get a C1-C1 Jeffrey but it never goes to the actual booking page (errors out).

scibuff Jun 3, 2014 4:27 am

Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef (Post 22969499)
That's my birthday :-D If only TK had a first class...

They have first class suites on that route (and few others) I think

I only saw boomie on TK for coming home from the world cup but also errored out

zagy Jun 3, 2014 4:39 am

Originally Posted by scibuff (Post 22969555)
They have first class suites on that route (and few others) I think

I only saw boomie on TK for coming home from the world cup but also errored out

Suites are available on planes that are leased from 9W. But they aren't sold as F.

If you're quick and lucky, you can get a F class seat (but no special F service) on a TK J ticket

oliver2002 Jun 3, 2014 5:03 am

TK doesn't operate F anymore @:-) but uses the award booking class for something else :p

Shanye2233 Jun 3, 2014 6:19 am

Originally Posted by JessicaTam (Post 22954455)
I doubt it; you can still reduce the points to $15/1,000 when booking, so the same rate as the discounted points.

Welcome to lifemile jessica^

erik123 Jun 3, 2014 7:24 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 22969635)
TK doesn't operate F anymore @:-) but uses the award booking class for something else :p

Comfort class (PE)?

barnstaple Jun 3, 2014 8:48 am

I am trying to find the best routing to do GND/BGI/POS to London/Europe around the 18th April - if anyone would be kind enought to PM me with a tip I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance ;-)

WolfvanWeen Jun 3, 2014 9:17 am

Originally Posted by barnstaple (Post 22970680)
I am trying to find the best routing to do GND/BGI/POS to London/Europe around the 18th April - if anyone would be kind enought to PM me with a tip I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance ;-)

Not entirely sure what you mean with "best routing". If you mean "saving some miles", you're in the wrong spot with these three airports, as they're only served by North American airlines (with the single exception of a route to Panama by Copa)

Look further north, check next two weeks in Business to see the routes. But it's too early to book them for April 2015.
And London is way more difficult to achieve than let's say Geneva.

X32nice Jun 3, 2014 9:21 am

Has anybody found last time an baguette award?

WolfvanWeen Jun 3, 2014 9:49 am

Originally Posted by X32nice (Post 22970884)

What, pray, is a baguette award?
A very long straight flight that's only tasty on the same day?

AirCanada881 Jun 3, 2014 9:58 am

Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen (Post 22971017)

He might be referring to the land of baguettes lol

elva Jun 3, 2014 10:16 am

Woodcutting to Iowa available in C on June 17th. I thought LM blocked these now due to (imaginary) cabbage.

montezume Jun 3, 2014 10:49 am

Originally Posted by elva (Post 22971167)
Woodcutting to Iowa available in C on June 17th. I thought LM blocked these now due to (imaginary) cabbage.

ah I didn't realize that iowa was actually useful. Cool!

FrugalLuxury Jun 3, 2014 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen (Post 22971017)

LOL! :D

I also thought X32 was refering to a route to buy/eat some baguettes...

simon11533 Jun 3, 2014 2:31 pm

is c3-c1 boomie from sushi still available? i have one booked from a while back, but can't see it anymore. wondering if it's gone for good.

yerffej201 Jun 3, 2014 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by simon11533 (Post 22972753)
is c3-c1 boomie from sushi still available? i have one booked from a while back, but can't see it anymore. wondering if it's gone for good.

the common ones are gone but i realized one still works although space is sketchy and not great. and i don't think maple works, only rhapsody. and natural as well i think

patgarrett Jun 3, 2014 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by X32nice (Post 22970884)

Is this an actual trick or did you just pop up on here assuming we have names for everything? Honestly, some of this nonsense makes me want to beat my head against a wall.

FrugalLuxury Jun 4, 2014 2:58 am

Originally Posted by elva (Post 22971167)

Too many "seas" ;)

WingedWorldExplorer Jun 4, 2014 6:27 am

A huge TPAC boomie is still alive and well. Again for clarity it does not involve any mistakes - just forced carrier and routing. 42 hours +

TheSYDTraveller Jun 4, 2014 6:43 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 22975964)
A huge TPAC boomie is still alive and well. Again for clarity it does not involve any mistakes - just forced carrier and routing. 42 hours +

Yep. There's also another that goes from C6-C2 (2 stops for you to pick).

WingedWorldExplorer Jun 4, 2014 6:45 am

Originally Posted by richh1833 (Post 22976032)
Yep. There's also another that goes from C6-C2 (2 stops for you to pick).

Yes I know that one but yours is almost twice as expensive.

LOT TATL Non-Stop to Northern Neighbor in BIZ also doable.

FrugalLuxury Jun 4, 2014 8:29 am

Y=3*8+1? Also available in J?

FrugalLuxury Jun 4, 2014 8:50 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 22976043)

LOT TATL Non-Stop to Northern Neighbor in BIZ also doable.

Is this boomie-related? Reading your posts is like drinking from a firehose ;) :D

WingedWorldExplorer Jun 4, 2014 10:33 am

Originally Posted by FrugalLuxury (Post 22976680)
Is this boomie-related? Reading your posts is like drinking from a firehose ;) :D

Yes we speak Boomish here. Maybe we should call this one Quasi-Boomie.

FrugalLuxury Jun 4, 2014 10:43 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 22977276)
Yes we speak Boomish here. Maybe we should call this one Quasi-Boomie.

Got this one :) How about Faux-Boomie? :D

yerffej201 Jun 4, 2014 11:55 am

Originally Posted by FrugalLuxury (Post 22976561)
Y=3*8+1? Also available in J?

also works to sushi i believe, tho j space is hard to find

scibuff Jun 4, 2014 1:28 pm

Just for the sake of clarity, I suggest that (true) boomies should involve just the *exact same* regions as per the award chart while quasi/faux/semi boomies can be any *boomie* which offers a discount. Also, please leave miscoded/misplaced landing strips out completely.

With that in mind, I still have yet to find a working (true) boomie - apart from a "prince of persia" and a rotten kiwi.

WolfvanWeen Jun 4, 2014 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by scibuff (Post 22978392)
Just for the sake of clarity, I suggest that (true) boomies should involve just the *exact same* regions as per the award chart while quasi/faux/semi boomies can be any *boomie* which offers a discount. Also, please leave miscoded/misplaced landing strips out completely.

With that in mind, I still have yet to find a working (true) boomie - apart from a "prince of persia" and a rotten kiwi.

I agree.

And I do have a number of others for you from C3 (more than 1 airline) and from C5, and these are all real boomies where the airline is forced. Not the kind of lonely airport story where a combo of airlines achieve the boomer (all of those seem to work anyway)

And I haven't checked all regions, so I'm sure there are others...

scibuff Jun 4, 2014 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen (Post 22978473)
I agree.

And I do have a number of others for you from C3 (more than 1 airline) and from C5, and these are all real boomies where the airline is forced. Not the kind of lonely airport story where a combo of airlines achieve the boomer (all of those seem to work anyway)

Yeah, I forgot about blood *diamonds* and similar *gems*, those still seem to be on sale unaffected by recent embargoes

pmdg7444 Jun 4, 2014 6:25 pm

I'm looking for a trade (don't laugh - we ALL had to start somewhere here right?)

.....plus Im proud of what I've found already.......its better than how 90% of the rest of the population travels anyway......

I'm looking for a boomie/chainsaw/deal that originates or touches C6 or TPAC. F/J

F is preferred. :cool:

eg. C6-C2 or C6 - C1, or one that is TPAC.

I can offer up: C1-candy or vice versa that goes via the ATLANTIC 25k J

or some C3 to C3 that goes via C2

Pls PM.

yerffej201 Jun 4, 2014 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by scibuff (Post 22978392)

Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen (Post 22978473)
I agree.

there's certainly fewer boomies now (is that what we're calling them?) but certainly the concept still works. but i've found that there are a lot more cx-cy-cz boomerangs now, forced. the "natural" ones have been around for ages but they're certainly not convenient. very few cx-cy-cx still works but they're around

tiger302 Jun 5, 2014 10:53 am

Originally Posted by pmdg7444 (Post 22979894)
I'm looking for a boomie/chainsaw/deal that originates or touches C6 or TPAC. F/J

F is preferred. :cool:

For a long time there's no wood to cut and it was never a "F route". Haven't you read anything here to the last thread? :confused: There were a lot of such requests...

yerffej201 Jun 5, 2014 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by tiger302 (Post 22983364)
For a long time there's no wood to cut and it was never a "F route". Haven't you read anything here to the last thread? :confused: There were a lot of such requests...

wood is back to cut.

and i'm pleasantly surprised that my post was deleted.

Tirreg Jun 6, 2014 3:28 am

Is it only allowed to fly "the friendly skies" for the TATL-segment when final destination is the woodcutting-tool?!? Even from Canada no maple flights are allowed...

WolfvanWeen Jun 6, 2014 3:45 am

Originally Posted by Tirreg (Post 22987195)
Is it only allowed to fly "the friendly skies" for the TATL-segment when final destination is the woodcutting-tool?!? Even from Canada no maple flights are allowed...

How do you separate rules from availability?

scibuff Jun 6, 2014 6:02 am

Originally Posted by Tirreg (Post 22987195)

Definitely didn't use to be like that but it seems to be so at least on several routes I've checked. Also seems to be like that running the "chain in reverse"

Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen (Post 22987232)
How do you separate rules from availability?

Well United.com shows plenty of space on LH, e.g. April 25, 2015 but none of that shows up on LM