FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo-716/)
-   -   LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo/1580174-lm-f-j-routes-occasional-trick-rebooted-v2-0-a.html)

Simon1 May 30, 2014 10:25 am

Originally Posted by tango3 (Post 22950229)
Managed to book a 2-stop C3-C3 via C3 & C2 in J. How do I add to the knowledge base of info?

Screenshot :)

catharsis May 30, 2014 10:34 am

If you mention the origin city and the amount paid it will let people know what you have achieved with too much detail on how. using some sort of reference to the origin city more subtle than the 3-letter airport code would be good also.

the other way to contribute is that I suspect you will get PM's asking for details :-)

I've booked something similar recently for 25K from C3S & also eating Do&Co

imverge May 30, 2014 10:42 am

Can report x2 more pax were denied boarding at LAX last week due to cabotage.

nilokerus May 30, 2014 10:57 am

Why are people still trying to fly a cabotage route? A proven terrible idea.

Simon1 May 30, 2014 11:05 am

Originally Posted by nilokerus (Post 22950693)

Because they already have the tix and as Jeffrey they will get a refund from LM if denied boarding.

X32nice May 30, 2014 2:01 pm

Hi all,

I have a question. Can we talk open about all? I ve found some tricks. But what about saws, loops, irsh, and so on? Which one are still going?

Or better per message? Who help me?

FrugalLuxury May 30, 2014 2:43 pm

Temporary plug?

Looking at the remaining C2>C3 boomer (35K), LM shows no availabity whatsoever for the next months, while the flights are clearly availabe (on ANA tools and KVS) even for next week. However, if you look far into the calendar say November, then LM shows availability again...

We are talking about the exact same flight combinations here, so mileage/25% of longest leg/timetable arguments in our recent discussions (they are highly interesting and useful though! :) ) won't explain this case? Could it be that LM just applied a dirty and quick patch to temporarily disable some routes?

imverge May 30, 2014 2:52 pm

For those interested in flying SQ F suites on A380 nows your chance SIN > DEL
Seems to be avail. most of next week haven't checked beyond that :)

Prospero May 30, 2014 3:06 pm

Seven posts today that deviated into blog bashing have been removed from this thread. Again, we ask that posts abide by the forum rules, stick to the topic and avoid ad hominem remarks. This is our final request on this matter - future violations will be subject to disciplinary measures.

Prospero
on behalf of the Senior Moderator team

catharsis May 30, 2014 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by imverge (Post 22952078)
For those interested in flying SQ F suites on A380 nows your chance SIN > xxx

Firstly Many ^ to the Poster - other might not choose to share....

Really, all that fuss over a 5'10 min flight ?

Not doubting anyone else's priorities here, just seems like a short flight to justify so much interest.

Just to clarify, does the rumored long-haul availability referred to upthread exist on the 380 (in 'R') or just on the 777 in 'F' ?

jjd477 May 30, 2014 4:11 pm

Well, I am still finding C1 across the pond via other C's....................

Air Rarotonga May 30, 2014 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by X32nice (Post 22951813)
Hi all,

I have a question. Can we talk open about all? I ve found some tricks. But what about saws, loops, irsh, and so on? Which one are still going?

I don't think we should talk open to anything. Even not the reserches about the boomerang algorythm of LM or Amadeus as it was discussed few pages ago... There are still a few tricks of LM working and with every detail we run the risk, that LM closes all those holes forever! At the moment we don't have the confirmation, that all not working tricks were cancelled by LM or if it is just a combination of their IT and lack of availability... Just think about when the UA flights were not bookable with LM... They came back, we don't know the exact reason why they temporarily were not bookable...

Somebodies action called the attention of LM about their holes... So I would not wonder, if they also read what we're writing here, as in this DOT claim FT was mentioned.

So we better keep it on the safe side!

Aussie_flyer May 30, 2014 4:35 pm

Of course lm are reading it. This is a forum dedicated to their program.

TheBOSman May 30, 2014 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by nilokerus (Post 22950693)

As noted, plenty of people likely already booked tickets before all of this happened. At that point, with how things have already gone down, there's little harm for everyone in such a situation to just go, try to fly, and either fly or get compensated for being allowed to book the ticket. All parties are aware, so it isn't as though anyone is blowing any secret. That happened a while ago. Doesn't make what happened right of course, but now we are forced to make the best of a bad situation.

Originally Posted by catharsis (Post 22952229)
Firstly Many ^ to the Poster - other might not choose to share....

Really, all that fuss over a 5'10 min flight ?

Not doubting anyone else's priorities here, just seems like a short flight to justify so much interest.

Just to clarify

Refers to the pirate's favorite class (how is that for bad coding :p, and no it isn't steerage :D). They switched from 2x daily on other planes to 1x daily on this one, so there are no other possible nonstop options. Similarly short to me. It is actually less miles with the direct program, and there's plenty of similar space on even cheaper flights with the direct program.

Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer (Post 22952589)
Of course lm are reading it. This is a forum dedicated to their program.

I'm shocked, shocked any airline would monitor a forum dedicated to discussing it! ;)

SingaporeDon May 30, 2014 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by imverge (Post 22952078)
For those interested in flying SQ F suites on A380 nows your chance SIN > DEL

25/40/55 miles Y/J/F one way- expensive for such a short flight, but I guess may be worth it to experience SQ F! By the way, not sure if it is First Suites or the new first class non-suites product.

katomoto May 30, 2014 7:26 pm

According to your join date, you apparently don’t know the glitches (otherwise you will know whether they are alive) and want to know it by asking folks to reveal it. You should put more effort BY YOURSELF, not just asking for help. :td:

Originally Posted by X32nice (Post 22951813)
Hi all,

TheBOSman May 30, 2014 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon (Post 22953030)
25/40/55 miles Y/J/F one way- expensive for such a short flight, but I guess may be worth it to experience SQ F! By the way, not sure if it is First Suites or the new first class non-suites product.

Would be Suites. All A380s are Suites. Even at 1.5 cpm, this is still $825 plus tax which is quite expensive just to experience it on a barely 5 hour flight, even if using The Private Room before. Just my thoughts :).

Pseudo Nim May 30, 2014 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman (Post 22953454)
Would be Suites. All A380s are Suites. Even at 1.5 cpm, this is still $825 plus tax which is quite expensive just to experience it on a barely 5 hour flight, even if using The Private Room before. Just my thoughts :).

... and if my experience is any indication (I've yet to get to it in my travel report) then you will probably kind of wonder whether the whole thing was even worth all the hype. :P

X32nice May 31, 2014 1:42 am

I ve found some c1 c2 boomers in aug. Seems you must adjust the search a bit

AirCanada881 May 31, 2014 2:25 am

I wonder if this thread will die down now that the promotion is over!

scibuff May 31, 2014 2:50 am

Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef (Post 22954359)

When I go to purchase miles it still throws the bonus in even though the 2x1 banner no longer shows ...

JessicaTam May 31, 2014 3:12 am

I doubt it; you can still reduce the points to $15/1,000 when booking, so the same rate as the discounted points.

Deltahater May 31, 2014 8:07 am

This program has become a lot less valuable. All it took was one bad apple.

At least we can still get to C6 at a fair price

rankourabu May 31, 2014 8:20 am

It will become like the trick it thread - where most of whats posted now is fantasy garbage.

Flyer IAH May 31, 2014 8:46 am

please delete

TheBOSman May 31, 2014 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim (Post 22953461)
... and if my experience is any indication (I've yet to get to it in my travel report) then you will probably kind of wonder whether the whole thing was even worth all the hype. :P

I'll likely get to it one of these days (especially now that UR here in the states can transfer), and I'll probably be disappointed. But, as always, I'll find that out for myself :D.

Originally Posted by Deltahater (Post 22955163)
This program has become a lot less valuable. All it took was one bad apple.

At least we can still get to C6 at a fair price

That is really all it takes. So much of this is very fragile (not just LM), it really must be treated with kid gloves. I've lost multiple non-LM opportunities just in the past two months. But greed gets the better of a majority of people. Throw in the instances of the tragedy of the commons and I get surprised how long some things DO last.

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 22955205)
It will become like the trick it thread - where most of whats posted now is fantasy garbage.

Pretty much. LM then becomes just a way to buy awards for somewhat less, with maybe a handful of better opportunities that only work in specific situations. But, I personally still don't value F to Europe (as an example) at the $1000+ each way that it will effectively become, especially without earning miles. Not worth it, unless I really, really need to go, which just isn't the case 99% of the time.

Like I said, today is unsubscribe day. The value won't be here to bother spending the time on it, other than to use up whatever miles you already have. There's only so many hours in a day, and they can frequently be better spent.

imverge May 31, 2014 9:42 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu (Post 22955205)

Some LM "tricks" were never revealed on FT. Those are still bookable. For example C1 to C1 via C3

There are other "by invitation only" forums where these are discussed & shared.

Similar to mistake fares, before they appear if ever on FT they have been discussed, shared and booked many times over in these "secret" forums.

On a personal note, I've received many "nasty" PM's when I've publicly shared info, most recently the SQ F Suites route. Seems like a lot of people want to keep things hush hush.

ctrlf May 31, 2014 10:57 am

Originally Posted by imverge (Post 22955523)
On a personal note, I've received many "nasty" PM's when I've publicly shared info, most recently the SQ F Suites route. Seems like a lot of people want to keep things hush hush.

Don't really understand why - where's the secret trick in the routing you posted? Isn't it just a not very well known route for a product which is limited in general? :confused:

MultiFlyer May 31, 2014 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by imverge (Post 22949896)
I once booked BKK > VIE > TLV :D

Yes it was possible a long time ago, but not now.

Originally Posted by scibuff (Post 22949301)
... on many routes not operated by Tyrolean but they do work!

At the moment ALL flights of OS are operated by tyrolean so I have really no clue what you mean. Just look at your boarding pass. (They have transfered the whole aircrew (pilots and flight attendants) to tyrolean)

MultiFlyer May 31, 2014 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by scibuff (Post 22949301)
I wonder if there is a 14-day release to LM on these - the furthest I see is seats (both Y and J) is Jun 15

Yes seems so. Must be new.

But it is a start.

Would be great for the wood tool to get another possible connection to C1.

zagy May 31, 2014 3:39 pm

You received nasty PMs about non-tricked SIN-DEL in F? Come on ;)

Don't tell anyone but I heard you can sometimes book FRA-JFK in LH F. :eek:

FlyerChrisK May 31, 2014 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by MultiFlyer (Post 22956577)
At the moment ALL flights of OS are operated by tyrolean so I have really no clue what you mean. Just look at your boarding pass. (They have transfered the whole aircrew (pilots and flight attendants) to tyrolean)

I thought all but one plane had been transfered. The one remaining Austrian long-haul aircraft is used to keep the route authorities alive.

scibuff May 31, 2014 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by MultiFlyer (Post 22956577)
Yes it was possible a long time ago, but not now.

That may be so, but some routes are still showing as available on OS in LM. I see at least three.

imverge May 31, 2014 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by zagy (Post 22956757)
You received nasty PMs about non-tricked SIN-DEL in F? Come on ;)

Don't tell anyone but I heard you can sometimes book FRA-JFK in LH F. :eek:

LH F vs. SQ F SUITES.. SQ anyday, everyday ;)

Raul2014 May 31, 2014 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by scibuff (Post 22957005)
That may be so, but some routes are still showing as available on OS in LM. I see at least three.

The flights I've seen in LM show an OS flight number to VIE in J. But whats the big issue if some are operated by Tyrolean?

X32nice May 31, 2014 5:50 pm

Chainsaw flights are available in the next tree weeks. Just need an adjust in search

hannes08 May 31, 2014 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by Raul2014 (Post 22957075)
The flights I've seen in LM show an OS flight number to VIE in J. But whats the big issue if some are operated by Tyrolean?

Most here thought, the reason for Austrian flights not to be shown on LM is that the flights are operated by Tyrolean. (Same like LH flights op by Cityline, they also are not shown).

yerffej201 May 31, 2014 10:13 pm

Some LM "tricks" were never revealed on FT. Those are still bookable. For example C1 to C1 via C3

There are other "by invitation only" forums where these are discussed & shared.

Similar to mistake fares, before they appear if ever on FT they have been discussed, shared and booked many times over in these "secret" forums.

c1 to c3 to c1 is dead, afaik. although i could be wrong, and was only available on one airline (to my knowldge) which was pretty meh

Pseudo Nim Jun 1, 2014 5:21 am

Originally Posted by X32nice (Post 22957240)
Chainsaw flights are available in the next tree weeks. Just need an adjust in search

what sort of adjust?

rankourabu Jun 1, 2014 6:00 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201 (Post 22957952)
c1 to c3 to c1 is dead, afaik. although i could be wrong, and was only available on one airline (to my knowldge) which was pretty meh

Because you actually ever flew that airline in longhaul J or F, right? :rolleyes: