FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo-716/)
-   -   LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo/1580174-lm-f-j-routes-occasional-trick-rebooted-v2-0-a.html)

HistoricalFlyer Feb 8, 2022 12:10 am

It's a fifth freedom, yep. Any news on if the booking process is moving forward successfully? *keep us updated* ;)

demue Feb 8, 2022 12:37 am

I highly doubt that SQ would tag on LHR to ZRH flight. This is not an official route so far and I'd not fully trust what LM displays. SQ got 4 direct flights a day to / from LHR at regular schedule, so no advantage of offering a fifth flight via ZRH unless demand to / from LHR was so huge that an additional flight was warranted. But then likely they'd rather fly direct than go via ZRH. Plus LHR slots are notoriously some of the hardest and most expensive to come by so I just can't see this. YMMV.

EDIT: The flight at 6:00am is LX345 which is an A220 operated by Swiss. funny how the flight number is the same, but LM display is off obviously.

LieFlatorDeath Feb 8, 2022 4:33 am

Thanks for weighing in, all.

The date I'd seen the SQ J availability on was June 12, 2022. When I log in now, only economy is showing as available.

My primary hypothesis is that it was some sort of glitch. Should have tried ticketing it for the hell of it (even though it didn't align with my plans, lol)

mlqsko Feb 8, 2022 4:59 am

Originally Posted by LieFlatorDeath (Post 33973430)
Thanks for weighing in, all.

The date I'd seen the SQ J availability on was June 12, 2022. When I log in now, only economy is showing as available.

My primary hypothesis is that it was some sort of glitch. Should have tried ticketing it for the hell of it (even though it didn't align with my plans, lol)

You saw a unicorn and didn't ask for a sefie. This isn't the true FT spirit, lol.

freed0m Feb 8, 2022 5:33 am

Are you sure that it is bookable? The next button is greyed out as shown in your screenshot, too.

probably just a glitch.

onlysuites Feb 8, 2022 5:54 am

Originally Posted by freed0m (Post 33973528)
Are you sure that it is bookable? The next button is greyed out as shown in your screenshot, too.

probably just a glitch.

Plus the taxes of $12.91 are definitely not correct for a ex LHR departure in J.

bittihuduga Feb 8, 2022 9:23 am

i have seen similar glitch on EU to India aswell with flight numbers of AI on TK flights and in first where first does not exist at all in that route. probably some software error.

LieFlatorDeath Feb 8, 2022 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by freed0m (Post 33973528)

probably just a glitch.

Good point - when it's bookable, the 'Continue' button should go blue like this:

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...07023cde72.png
But e.g. for SQ economy 19th June LHR - SYD, the 'Continue' button is greyed out and the taxes look oddly low (even for Y)

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...acd49a1121.png
So yeah - likely a glitch.

Short haul SQ (E.g. KUL - SIN) including J seems to be functioning normally (bookable) on the Lifemiles site.

demue Feb 8, 2022 10:53 pm

I think KUL and maybe CGK and BKK are some of the few SQ routes that one can secure in Biz though even then not consistently.

At least SQ integrated MI (Silkair) fully so those routes within Asia previously operated by MI may be available too at times.

I was looking for SQ SIN-Japan and vv. though and no dice in Biz, only Eco. Had to use SQ KF miles instead for late part of 2022.

tessy143 Feb 21, 2023 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by AirCanada881 (Post 22969354)
I think you meant jeffy ;)

what is a jeffy

Pseudo Nim Feb 21, 2023 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by AirCanada881 (Post 22969354)
I think you meant jeffy ;)

Gummicide!!! (Ursacide? Bearcide?)

bittihuduga Feb 23, 2023 4:50 am

someone woke up the thread again - any tricks or errors there ;-)
have few miles don't mind spending

tiger302 Aug 3, 2023 3:40 am

Hello fellow fuel dumpers and tricksters! I've started using LM *A from the very beginning, but have been away now for a quite some time. Last purchase was using the 200% bonus during Covid to fly LH F C2-C3 at regular price, but in the past made use of C3-C2-C3 F and SAW-adventures, changed HTML-code to include airports not listed for new routes (looking at you, HND). Unfortunately due to time constraints I never did a Limerick ;)

I have a stack of miles and recently got back into the game and already found C2-C3 for slightly under 40k in C using two routes. I'd appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction for more info. Much appreciated and let's go find some more treasures!

Enigma368 Mar 23, 2024 2:59 pm

osted about this in another thread but I managed to book GRU-SAN for 43k business class (economy from IAD to SAN). Lifemiles site was mostly quoting 62k miles but then occasionally it would price at 43k miles. Guessing some bug in their IT?

I booked the 43k miles price and it ticketed correctly with the GRU-IAD leg in biz and IAD-SAN in economy and I have since flown the booking.

JessicaTam Mar 23, 2024 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Enigma368 (Post 36104332)
osted about this in another thread but I managed to book GRU-SAN for 43k business class (economy from IAD to SAN). Lifemiles site was mostly quoting 62k miles but then occasionally it would price at 43k miles. Guessing some bug in their IT?

I booked the 43k miles price and it ticketed correctly with the GRU-IAD leg in biz and IAD-SAN in economy and I have since flown the booking.

Could the 62k have been for J IAD-SAN?

Enigma368 Mar 23, 2024 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by JessicaTam (Post 36104404)
Could the 62k have been for J IAD-SAN?

No, 62k was exact same GRU-IAD in J and IAD to SAN in Y. Same flights, routing, times, everything. I also searched GRU-IAD only - out of interest - and that was pricing at 52k in J for the same flight.