FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo-716/)
-   -   LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo/1580174-lm-f-j-routes-occasional-trick-rebooted-v2-0-a.html)

TProphet Jul 8, 2014 6:11 pm

No guarantee you will be able to get away with keeping these. I was accused of spamming the thread with my article against using hidden cities itineraries but it is pretty relevant.

stinger101 Jul 8, 2014 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by TProphet (Post 23165606)
No guarantee you will be able to get away with keeping these. I was accused of spamming the thread with my article against using hidden cities itineraries but it is pretty relevant.

I think LM coming back and saying you owe us more miles(money) especially on tickets booked with cash and points clearly violates DOT laws.

wheresmybagba Jul 8, 2014 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by stinger101 (Post 23165613)
I think LM coming back and saying you owe us more miles(money) especially on tickets booked with cash and points clearly violates DOT laws.

I assume what they meant was...if you've got multiple of these tickets booked, and LM has now caught on to what is happening...then perhaps, and the chance is slim, when you next throwaway a city, you might be accused of a violation of the T&Cs and find your account and/or future bookings in jeopardy. Highly unlikely though.

majsmom Jul 8, 2014 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by stinger101 (Post 23165520)
It's listed in the Philippines now.

I really enjoyed gummy to the US, since I lived in gummy. Have to figure another cheap way to get to the US since the option seem to haves closed. Need to explore all the routes that start from gummy- may find some other great routings.

armagebedar Jul 8, 2014 9:42 pm

On the plus side, those of us living in North Asia can now get to GUM much more cheaply than before.

TransAsia Jul 8, 2014 10:06 pm

Breaking news- Guam is officially not US territory anymore. It's part of Philippine now, at least according to LM's searching result. They must just change it in these couple of hours as this afternoon Guam is still within US. Very sad that means we will need more miles to fly GUM in the future :( LM also add in those annoying graphics and texts in each screen before searching for flights.

janetdoe Jul 8, 2014 10:15 pm

http://video.adultswim.com/robot-chi...mmy-bears.html

Aussie_flyer Jul 8, 2014 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by TransAsia (Post 23166580)
Breaking news- Guam is officially not US territory anymore. It's part of Philippine now, at least according to LM's searching result. They must just change it in these couple of hours as this afternoon Guam is still within US. Very sad that means we will need more miles to fly GUM in the future :( LM also add in those annoying graphics and texts in each screen before searching for flights.

Your breaking news has been discussed on this exact thread for about the last 6 hours

TheBOSman Jul 8, 2014 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer (Post 23166626)
Your breaking news has been discussed on this exact thread for about the last 6 hours

Breaking News-South American frequent flyer program offers FTers a new option for booking Star Alliance awards.

FlyingXplorer Jul 9, 2014 1:21 am

Are any other airports affected?

AirCanada881 Jul 9, 2014 1:24 am

Which routes work with woodcutter? I've only tried the pacific northwest and nothing from there...

WolfvanWeen Jul 9, 2014 2:08 am

Originally Posted by FlyingExplorer (Post 23167110)
Are any other airports affected?

Which ones did YOU check?

WolfvanWeen Jul 9, 2014 2:30 am

Keep calm and...
As far as the front end database is concerned (the one used to fill in the airports in the form), only the gummybear has changed. Which doesn't necessarily mean their backend systems (the ones used to calculate miles) haven't been changed in different ways, but I doubt it.

WolfvanWeen Jul 9, 2014 2:34 am

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia (Post 23165204)
In other news, BWI has disappeared from the smart search

Must have been a temporary glitch. It's still there.

stinger101 Jul 9, 2014 7:49 am

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0

Anyone want to try refunding a ticket and see if they get the 32,5 back instead of the 12,5k? :)

pr0digy25 Jul 9, 2014 8:33 am

So is it safe to say that all models of the Australian bush weapon are dead?

I'm sure I know the answer, but just wondering if it's still possible at all to hunt with one (or a few).

WolfvanWeen Jul 9, 2014 8:59 am

Originally Posted by pr0digy25 (Post 23168378)
So is it safe to say that all models of the Australian bush weapon are dead?

I'm sure I know the answer, but just wondering if it's still possible at all to hunt with one (or a few).

No it's not safe to say that.

If your post is in any way related to the gummybear discussion over the last couple of pages on this thread, you're misunderstanding something.

And if it's out of the blue, it would be interesting to know what makes you say that.

datsuzei Jul 9, 2014 5:41 pm

Yesterday I was seeing decent NH F availability, and then a few hours later it had disappeared... I seem to recall reading about phantom availability a while ago, is that still an issue? Can NH F actually be booked?

yerffej201 Jul 9, 2014 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by datsuzei (Post 23171457)
Yesterday I was seeing decent NH F availability, and then a few hours later it had disappeared... I seem to recall reading about phantom availability a while ago, is that still an issue? Can NH F actually be booked?

Yes, NH F can be booked.

bryanwallace Jul 10, 2014 12:07 am

just to understand , i have tkts on the ex gummi bear -after all the trouble am i likely to have trouble cking in?

Moderator2 Jul 10, 2014 7:28 am

Let's get back to the core agenda of this thread. For now let's stipulate the GUM trick is history. Time to move on to finding other ways to received enhanced benefits.

franzose Jul 10, 2014 8:58 am

Is the misplaced C2 airport in C6 still misplaced? Does anyone know?

cgnSenator Jul 10, 2014 10:38 am

Originally Posted by franzose (Post 23174664)
Is the misplaced C2 airport in C6 still misplaced? Does anyone know?

You can check it on lifemiles.com

franzose Jul 10, 2014 11:05 am

Originally Posted by cgnSenator (Post 23175212)
You can check it on lifemiles.com

No, I can't as I do not get any availabilities, therefore my question.

cgnSenator Jul 10, 2014 11:40 am

Originally Posted by franzose (Post 23175357)
No, I can't as I do not get any availabilities, therefore my question.

You do NOT need availabilities to check the airport zone. The country is right behind the city name ;)

Air Rarotonga Jul 10, 2014 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by bryanwallace (Post 23172964)
just to understand , i have tkts on the ex gummi bear -after all the trouble am i likely to have trouble cking in?

The poster above your post should be able to give you an answer...

TheBOSman Jul 10, 2014 2:10 pm

People, remember, don't feed...

Also, seems only the bear has gone into hibernation.

PbodyPhoto Jul 10, 2014 2:18 pm

With regards to the famed C1/C6 miscode has anyone been able to route the eastbound over the pacific as opposed to the long way around?

EDIT: I just found some sporadic availability on UA, still not as much variety as I am seeing westbound.

franzose Jul 10, 2014 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by cgnSenator (Post 23175559)
You do NOT need availabilities to check the airport zone. The country is right behind the city name ;)

Of course, it's behind the city name. So what?

That does not show me misplaced airports or any trick for c6-c2 connections...

cgnSenator Jul 10, 2014 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by franzose (Post 23176433)
Of course, it's behind the city name. So what?

That does not show me misplaced airports or any trick for c6-c2 connections...

But you know the right airport?

roastpuff Jul 10, 2014 5:24 pm

Could someone please help me out and PM me the answer to rotten kiwi, and how to use it? Also for Prince of Persia? I'm assuming that the c1/c6 miscode is one of those two... unless it's another entirely different airport.

:(

scibuff Jul 11, 2014 1:11 am

Originally Posted by armagebedar (Post 23166499)
On the plus side, those of us living in North Asia can now get to GUM much more cheaply than before.

You could do that with GUM being in C1 as there was/is a C3-GUM-C3 route :D

WolfvanWeen Jul 11, 2014 1:25 am

Hooray, it's July 11th.
Air India is now a proud member of StarAlliance.
Routemap already includes their flights, searches for SS on LM already shows them.
There are some nice new Aborigine weapons.
For Europeans who want to visit India in J, fire your weapon at the StarWars knights.
Right now of course, as LM hasn't yet added AI to their form, you need to use other tricks to get the right connection in time.
(I guess it's going to take them a few days, as was the case with US leaving...)

WolfvanWeen Jul 11, 2014 1:49 am

one more thing: the distance filters seem to be in place (and the flight to DME is at an unfavourable time), so full return from C2 doesn't seem possible.

scibuff Jul 11, 2014 1:55 am

Originally Posted by WolfvanWeen (Post 23178972)
Hooray, it's July 11th.
Air India is now a proud member of StarAlliance.
Routemap already includes their flights, searches for SS on LM already shows them.
There are some nice new Aborigine weapons.
For Europeans who want to visit India in J, fire your weapon at the StarWars knights.
Right now of course, as LM hasn't yet added AI to their form, you need to use other tricks to get the right connection in time.
(I guess it's going to take them a few days, as was the case with US leaving...)

... which screws up several nice routes :( - now need to work out what's been added :D

Tamos Jul 11, 2014 2:03 am

Still an amazing program : C6-(C3-C2-)C1 possible (SQ, LH and UA) in Y for 17500 + 170 usd. C1-C3-C6 also seems to work with just UA and SQ for 17500 +68.

yerffej201 Jul 11, 2014 2:14 am

curry. delicious. boomercurries.

scibuff Jul 11, 2014 2:27 am

Originally Posted by Tamos (Post 23179081)
Still an amazing program : C6-(C3-C2-)C1 possible (SQ, LH and UA) in Y for 17500 + 170 usd. C1-C3-C6 also seems to work with just UA and SQ for 17500 +68.

Nice, never seen that with LH. The C6-C1 direction on SQ with a technical stop always errors out but I guess LH fixes that.

Too bad this no longer works on J - would be nice if UA changed the last segment aircraft in the future

franzose Jul 11, 2014 2:35 am

Originally Posted by cgnSenator (Post 23176936)
But you know the right airport?

Yes but as I do not find any availabilites when searching, I was wondering if it was still on!

That's why I simply can not confirm the trick is still on with a misplaced C2 airport.

WolfvanWeen Jul 11, 2014 2:50 am

Originally Posted by franzose (Post 23179175)
Yes but as I do not find any availabilites when searching, I was wondering if it was still on!

That's why I simply can not confirm the trick is still on with a misplaced C2 airport.

To confirm the zones you look at the shortest route from your airport to one in China. Don't tell me you can't find availability on this route.
The cost in miles tells you how that airport is zoned...