Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles 100% promo - reactivated through 30 Sept 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifemiles 100% promo - reactivated through 30 Sept 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by milaohu
Is a transfer instant?
We did a transfer when the website was slow on CDT 11pm July 21, and immediately received two emails, with credit card charged immediately.
However, after more than 2 hours, miles were not deducted/posted yet
Originally Posted by FlyingExplorer
Yes.
Miles still have not been deducted/posted......Maybe their site had problem when we did the transfer. Don't known which department/phone we need to contact. It will be a hassle.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
During the last promo it was similar, took a day for the promo to be removed
So the 100% transfer bonus is still working today?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by milaohu
So the 100% transfer bonus is still working today?
It is working on my accounts yes
Old Jul 22, 2014, 3:48 pm

Miles transferred yesterday were just received.
100% transfer promotion is still working: transferred 1k for fun and received 2k.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:38 am

As expected they were late closing the promo by a day or so
Old Aug 7, 2014, 6:46 am

What are the chances a new promotion will come up before the devaluation takes place?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 8:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
What are the chances a new promotion will come up before the devaluation takes place?
99%
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Promo is a coming......................................
Old Aug 31, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
If history continues to repeat itself, I believe that you are right. There is a lot of chatter online about airlines managing their award availability, however, so I'm not sure that LM will see the same level of interest in purchases the next time around.

With the recent devaluation announced, not everyone will have the flexibility to take advantage of the current redemption rates before they go up. AV doesn't even seem to be all that different from OALs with how much space they are releasing, either.

My most frequently traveled route is between SJO and MDE. That's usually via BOG, but can be via SAL. The recent schedules offered have been pretty undesirable, unless, that is, I am willing to spend double the miles I once could in order to fly in Clase Ejecutiva. Going through SAL, I want it. Going through BOG, I often do not. Those are some short flights, and the food they serve certainly doesn't tempt me.

What I have recently seen is that Clase Económica, if available at all, is usually offered only at 25,000 miles each way, while Clase Ejecutiva is offered at 20,000 miles. In the past I could almost always find Clase Económica at 10,000 miles, or Clase Ejecutiva at 20,000 miles.

AV's revenue management team may affect our ability to plan ahead by waiting until the last minute to release award seats more than they have in the past. For those of us who usually have to know when we are going at least 10 days in advance, that could be a bigger issue than the devaluation of the redemption program.

Flight frequency on some routes may make this a moot point for some. I was quite surprised this morning when I arrived for my departure at MDE. I was scheduled on a flight at 5:58, but they moved me up to the flight flight at 5:50. There was another at 6:13, followed by 6:27 and 7:00. I'm pretty sure that mine was not the first flight out, either.

It's Sunday, of course, but the J cabin was less than half full, as was the rest of the A321. I didn't look back on the BOG-SJO segment, but the J cabin (12 seats on both flights) was full on that one. When flying on business days, it has always been a very different story. Those flights are usually at or near capacity, IME.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:03 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Looks like it's come!

Their FB cover photo is advertising 'Compra Millas...2x1' 2-30 Sep.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:04 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Looks like it's come!

and they are showing on the web site too ^
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:15 am

It is on.

The last supper.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 1:53 am

Programs: SPG Plat 100, A3*G
I wonder how many of you are still exicted about this promo and plan on buying miles?

With all the latest announcements/devaluations, no LH F, OS doesn't work, no mixed cabin, cancellations are major pain, ... And all the J promotions that are always going on (I got a US-EU return for 1000€ on LH a couple of months back), I'm seriously doubting LM is still worth it.

Thoughts?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Looks like it's come!

Yep, I knew it.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:15 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by mlqsko
It is on.

The last supper.

But some of us are fearful that we may choke - or the chalice may be poisoned!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.