Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles 100% promo - reactivated through 30 Sept 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifemiles 100% promo - reactivated through 30 Sept 2014

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:02 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by lsed
Damn that's evil of them. Why try to sell miles, then add this clause, and then hide it lol
It's never been hidden and has existed for a long time. Every promo for ages
Old Sep 19, 2014, 1:31 am

Hi all,
Do accounts have to be created before the promo starts to be eligible to receive the bonus like it used to be with USDM?

I just opened an account for a family member and when trying to purchase miles it won't show the bonus miles on the first screen.

If I use my own account it works just fine but I have no idea how many miles I purchased already during this years buying and sharing promos so hesitant to buy. Is there any way to check how many more miles I am eligible to purchase this year? The account page only gives me a vague idea and if I key in I want to purchase 50,000 it shows me a bonus of 50,000 as well but I am sure that is going way over the limit of allowed purchases/year???

What happens if my requested purchase (including bonus miles) would go over the limit of 150,000? Does it just cancel out or do I end up not receiving the bonus miles?

Any help appreciated.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 1:58 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
In the T&Cs for the promo (were in the email I received)
Applies only to members enrolled in the program prior to September 2nd of 2014
As a data point:
  • I know exactly how many miles Mrs pandaperth and I have purchased this year
  • and the buy miles screen reflects that exactly
  • in that if I enter the number of miles to purchase which, with the 100% bonus, would take me over 150,000 for the year then the bonus miles do not show
  • whereas a lower number will show the bonus miles
Old Sep 19, 2014, 3:41 am

thanks pandaperth for pointing out the September 2nd date, never received their email about this promo.

in regards to the account page, mine shows:

historic earned miles :132,000
historic redeemed miles: 32,000
available miles:97,000

i only opened my account in march this year, the activity is from sharing between two accounts when i started out with this program.

i would assume that i now cannot buy another 50,000 +50,000 bonus because it would take me over 150,000. yet it shows in the bonus filed that i would qualify for bonus miles. given your information i tried different mile amounts and it only gives me a notice of too many when i try to buy 75,000.

this doesn't really make sense to me but as long as i can rely on the fact that all bonus miles shown will post to my account i'm happy
Old Sep 19, 2014, 4:57 am

OK nz09, it sounds to like you have done following:
  • Purchased 1,000 miles
  • Transferred miles back forth with another lifemiles member - presumably during the "Transfer your LifeMiles and they will receive double!" promo earlier this year
  • So, of your 150,000 annual limit on purchasing miles, you have so far purchased a whopping 1,000 (it seems those bonus miles on transferring do not count towards this total)
  • And therefore, you can purchase another 149,000 - or during the current promo 74,000 to receive 148,000
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:08 am

Correct pandaperth, this is what I did when I thought I need an option for one-way award booking from AU-DE earlier this year. I then ended up booking returns with DM instead and neglected having a closer look at LM.

I am now looking into LM again because my last bookings with DM (after they joined oneworld) were horrible in terms of finding availability and I think it's time to say goodbye to DM for me. LM and *A seem to have better availability for my travel needs and I rather stock some of their miles.

Thanks for your help, I thought all the sharing miles would count towards the 150,000 as well.

Maybe one more question, when does the "yearly limit" roll over? Calender year or date of joining LM?
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:23 am

Calendar year.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by nz09
Maybe one more question, when does the "yearly limit" roll over? Calender year or date of joining LM?
Again from the promo T&Cs
Maximum LifeMiles purchase per member per calendar year: LM 150,000 (including bonuses purchase of promotional miles).
Old Sep 20, 2014, 10:52 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I had bought the full allowed annual quantity of miles (redeemed a fair chunk) and obviously had to sit out this one. Got an email from LM inviting me to buy another 25k max with 100% bonus making it 50k.

Did make the purchase to lock in the lower cost rate as that combined with no YQ still makes for decent value even after redemption increase and without trick routes.

Got enough in my account now for planned bookings to do full mileage redemptions so will sit out future sales for a while. YMMV
Old Sep 26, 2014, 2:46 pm

Does anyway know if you can purchase in person, (Avianca Sales Office) miles for an account not your own.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by elusive1
Does anyway know if you can purchase in person, (Avianca Sales Office) miles for an account not your own.
As long as the Avianca Sales office has a Lifemiles department.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: All of 'em
Are the miles purchases are classified as airline spend for CC bonus purposes? Most airlines aren't since points.com processes them.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Nekamah7
Are the miles purchases are classified as airline spend for CC bonus purposes? Most airlines aren't since points.com processes them.
I believe this is directly through the airline and not points.com.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:15 am

Programs: All of 'em
Originally Posted by yerffej201
I believe this is directly through the airline and not points.com.
Thx
Old Sep 28, 2014, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
As long as the Avianca Sales office has a Lifemiles department.
I have never seen a Avianca Sales Office with a specific Lifemiles department. I have in the past purchased miles from the same staff that sells airline tickets at the offices.

Is that a definitive yes. I called 2X and got two opposite answers. I considered going for two out of three, but I was hoping for input from someone who has actually purchased miles for at a sales office for another account holder.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.