Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles 100% promo - reactivated through 30 Sept 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifemiles 100% promo - reactivated through 30 Sept 2014

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2014, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by samunique
3x1. I received the email and whilst it's in Spanish, I'm pretty sure the terms and conditions state call center or physical office...
Dont buy life miles...
I just bought 10K miles and wanted to book a Trick it Ticket, but guess what?
When I search online i get all possible flights, but then when I have all the miles and want to book it, I always get a Error and it is not possible to book the flights.
So I think this is just a Avianca scam to gain very easy US Dollars, and then dont let you book certain Flights.
So please dont buy Lifemiles this is just about scam.
Old May 23, 2014, 11:11 am

Old May 23, 2014, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
You are right I'm searching from November Forwards to February 2015 and always get the Error Page for my wanted flights. so what? why they Show you all possible flights and then dont let you book it? it sounds like scam for me..
Old May 23, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Lol. Scammer got scammed? Complaining a trick route wont work then claiming its a scam. Its hilarious

Fwiw You dont need to have miles to know the route will error out. You proceed to the next screen after choosing flights.... with or without miles in your account
Old May 23, 2014, 12:40 pm

o.oooo
Old May 23, 2014, 5:12 pm

Old May 23, 2014, 11:09 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Not that I want to help anyone scam an airline I like, but this may also help some newcomers who are having trouble finding available flights.

Lifemiles is a quirky site. Sometimes it doesn't work. Sometimes flights don't show up. I'll often look one day and find no availability or limited availability for my desired travel date, then the next day every class of award ticket shows up and tickets just fine.

It may take going back for a few days in a row, but they show up most of the time. It could be programming issues, seats being blocked by purchases that weren't completed or changes in award seats being released, but they usually become available with a little tenacity, and it's always worth the trouble.

The earlier I start to plan, the more likely I am to find availability by checking back daily.
Old May 26, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: SQ
I know how everyone on this forum usually uses LM to get some cheap J flights, but there really is tremendous value with this sale from AV hubs within the region.

I'm flying today CTG-BOG for 3,500 miles, which I did cash+1,000 mile purchase for a total of $68 AI 2 days in advance when the $ tickets were $150 or more.

I did the same last week for LIM-CUZ, which is a way better deal than the (publicized) Avios route with LAN, and has better availability.

LIM-POA for 9k miles! That's $300 for an expensive ticket. Pretty much has good availability on most routes for that price.
Old May 26, 2014, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mlqsko
+1
Old May 26, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
I know how everyone on this forum usually uses LM to get some cheap J flights, but there really is tremendous value with this sale from AV hubs within the region.

I'm flying today CTG-BOG for 3,500 miles, which I did cash+1,000 mile purchase for a total of $68 AI 2 days in advance when the $ tickets were $150 or more.

I did the same last week for LIM-CUZ, which is a way better deal than the (publicized) Avios route with LAN, and has better availability.

LIM-POA for 9k miles! That's $300 for an expensive ticket. Pretty much has good availability on most routes for that price.
There are some great deals in Clase Económica, too. Not sure if I have mentioned it in this thread before, but I use mine primarily between SJO and MDE with a connection in BOG (sometimes SAL) for 20,000 miles. If I know I'm going to be exhausted, or I simply want to treat myself, I can get the same flights in Clase Ejecutíva for 40,000 miles, or 20,000 miles + $300 (with many other miles + money options available).

Domestic Colombian fares are pretty cheap anyway (they call them "vuelos nacionales"), but it sounds like you still managed to make it pay off. Flying between countries down here, however, is shockingly expensive to a lot of people vacationing, so it's good to mention it every now and then for anyone planning a trip for pleasure. It's easy to get a last minute shock fare and often hard to find award availability so late in the game.

VivaColombia seems to have the lowest fares, but they look like the Spirit of Colombia to me. I've seen the passenger herding and mostly pod departure/arrival of their flights. No thanks. I get enough of that (pods) even when flying CM or AV. In fairness, however, I must say that I have noticed more of their flights at MDE departing via a jet bridge.

Perhaps someone who has flown them can chime in on what it's like. I can see a few MDE-BOG RTs in my not-too-distant future (Maybe MDE-CTG, too!). It would be nice to know what to expect if I want to consider that option, and I'm sure I'm not alone here.
Old May 28, 2014, 7:51 am

I bought 24,000 Lifemiles yesterday using my credit card, I got a confirmation email and the amount $360 is shown pending on my cc, but my lifemiles account shows zero balance.

How long does it normally take to update the account?
Old May 28, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by walterj
I bought 24,000 Lifemiles yesterday using my credit card, I got a confirmation email and the amount $360 is shown pending on my cc, but my lifemiles account shows zero balance.

Mmmm
My experience is different to your's

Bought 32K miles on the 2 for 1 offer, on Monday
The 64K miles showed straight away on my balance
The $960 is pending on my cc
Never received a confirmation email

I'm too inexperienced at buying life miles to offer you any advice. Sorry.
Old May 28, 2014, 9:27 am

It was always instant with me.
Old May 28, 2014, 9:34 am

It's been instant for me as well.
Old May 28, 2014, 1:01 pm

--a happy update. Although I emailed last night and a 2nd email this morning, but I received no response, so I called the call center. The lady I talked to was very helpful but unable to find my transaction, so she requested I send an email with the transaction confirmation to [email protected].

I checked about ten minutes later and the missing 24,000 miles were on my account... good news...

I immediately booked a UAL flight ORD to BRU for tomorrow and return mid June, got a confirmation email with a ticket number and UAL confirmation number. A roundtrip to Europe costs 60,000 miles. I paid 24,000 lifemiles plus $592.26 for the remaining 36,000 miles plus 64.22 for taxes.
Total 360+592.26+62.22 = $1014.48. This flight would have cost $1700-2000 booking directly.

I thought it would be cheaper to use 40% miles and buy the remaining miles, but it wasn't. I would have paid $900 plus 64.22, if I bought all the miles in one transaction.

I was concerned whether that would work getting a flight for tomorrow, but looks good with ticket number, confirmations etc.

So it looks like Lifemiles is a way to get cheaper flights on short notice, if you have the nerves.

Last edited by walterj; May 28, 2014 at 1:05 pm Reason: .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.