Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Lifemiles 100% promo - reactivated through 30 Sept 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifemiles 100% promo - reactivated through 30 Sept 2014

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2014, 11:56 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
I don't seem to recall that happening...
It didn't. Notwitshtanding, I am still holding out for it

Originally Posted by yerffej201
It was targeted 3x1 last december, no?
Yes it was. I would presume it was not targeted at people that had already bought for 2x1 during the same promo
Old May 11, 2014, 7:07 pm

Eligibility

I was not a LM member before 5/5 - is there any chance of them letting me get in on the 2 for 1 promotion? Is it worth hanging up and calling again until I get an agent who is willing to do that, or is it just not possible?
Old May 11, 2014, 7:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
So who's bought and been able to redeem?

Did a couple of TATL searches, not finding what I was hoping to find.
Old May 11, 2014, 10:43 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by redsoxfan027
I was not a LM member before 5/5 - is there any chance of them letting me get in on the 2 for 1 promotion? Is it worth hanging up and calling again until I get an agent who is willing to do that, or is it just not possible?
its not possible, you will have to wait til next time
Old May 12, 2014, 6:35 pm

Okay - thanks.
Old May 16, 2014, 7:28 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Friend signed up today and bought 50k miles hoping to get the bonus and without realising the need to be member since 5 May 2014. Can he reverse the trade by calling Lifemiles?

Interestingly even the 50k miles have not yet been credited to his account. How long does it take for the miles to be credited? I thought it was instant, and wonder if something was wrong with the payment for his miles not to be credited
Old May 16, 2014, 7:30 am

Transactions are non-refundable, unfortunately. Maybe the payment didn't go through? Usually miles are credited instantly.
Old May 16, 2014, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Friend signed up today and bought 50k miles hoping to get the bonus and without realising the need to be member since 5 May 2014. Can he reverse the trade by calling Lifemiles?

Interestingly even the 50k miles have not yet been credited to his account. How long does it take for the miles to be credited? I thought it was instant, and wonder if something was wrong with the payment for his miles not to be credited
Yes. They can reverse, but it's best to email customer support - [email protected].
Old May 17, 2014, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Choking on my own words here. I had to take my $350 e-cert to the local Avianca office to buy the miles with it, and I ended up buying 20,000 (x2=40,000) at a cost to me of $250. Flying through BOG must be like having a baby. The joy of the reward makes the memory forget the pain.
Old May 17, 2014, 6:10 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by KenInEscazu
Choking on my own words here. I had to take my $350 e-cert to the local Avianca office to buy the miles with it, and I ended up buying 20,000 (x2=40,000) at a cost to me of $250. Flying through BOG must be like having a baby. The joy of the reward makes the memory forget the pain.
Which words are you choking on Ken? I scrolled back but didn't see what you are referring to. I didn't know you can exchange e-certs and get 2x1 in an office. I wonder if I can use all my unspent tickets to buy LifeMiles...
Old May 17, 2014, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Which words are you choking on Ken? I scrolled back but didn't see what you are referring to. I didn't know you can exchange e-certs and get 2x1 in an office. I wonder if I can use all my unspent tickets to buy LifeMiles...
Perhaps I haven't posted it here, but I have expressed my concern over the financial impact of Venezuela's dictator confiscating $300 million US of AV's. That's a big hit.

I have also said that connecting at BOG is just not worth the trouble until they finish the reconstruction. Those buses on every connection, plus often another to the pod gate is a royal pain in the rear.

This is especially true when I can usually get a ticket through PTY on Copa. That's a super easy connection, and the overall travel time is shorter, with more schedule flexibility if planned in advance.

I just posted in the Venezuela/Maduro AV thread a more detailed explanation of my change of heart. We need AV to survive, and it's hard times for them right now.

Plus, at 2x1, it's CHEEEEAAAAP!!!

My e-cert was compensation for some pretty egregious wrongdoing by an agent at BOG last year, and I had to take it to Fabio Villegas to get it resolved. That may be why I was able to cash it in for the 2x1, but the agent didn't seem a bit surprised by it, so I get the idea that people do it often. I would take whatever I had to an office rather than call them, as the live agents are far more familiar with what can and cannot be done with these things. (I just learned this.)
Old May 17, 2014, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon

Let us know of the outcome please.
Old May 18, 2014, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
Is there a limit to how many batches you can buy? I bought 2 small batches a couple days ago, 6 and 12,000 + the promo and I want to buy more miles today but it's not showing the 100% bonus before the payment page as it usually does.

EDIT: Ok I think I found my answer: Maximum number of transactions: 1 transaction

Weird though as I did it successfully twice.Thankfully I can buy from my wife's account, whew!
I had the same problem. Purchased twice. Then tried a third time and did not see the bonus points. I couldn't find the limit of 1 transaction on the website. But after seeing your post, I checked on the email that was sent regarding the promotion and there it was.

Last edited by majsmom; May 18, 2014 at 10:00 pm Reason: Forgot to include my response
Old May 18, 2014, 9:57 pm

Deleted. Info on previous post.

Last edited by majsmom; May 19, 2014 at 3:40 am Reason: Double posting
Old May 21, 2014, 7:51 am

The 200% promo is back.

http://globetrotterhq.com/2014/05/21...purchase-back/

Who got lucky this time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.