Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by synd
Actually the problem comes that Lifemiles does not see any flights that are operated by a third carrier. That's the reason you can't book almost all austrian airlines with LM since their financial troubles OS flights are now operated by one of their subsidiaries.
Yeah, I know that, just not sure exactly where the line is, because a lot of US domestic flights is operated by subsidiaries, so something must be different there as those flights show on LM.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:24 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by scibuff
Yeah, I know that, just not sure exactly where the line is, because a lot of US domestic flights is operated by subsidiaries, so something must be different there as those flights show on LM.
I can get SFO/LAX to SAN, but not LAX to CLD, although both are operated by the same United Express carrier!
Old Dec 4, 2013, 10:00 am

Programs: Marriott (Titanium); National (Exec); Hilton (Gold)
Anybody else have this issue?

My account records show a redemption in miles and taxes have been billed to my credit card. However, I have no confirmation email and my account balance (at top) is showing balance as if redemption never occurred.

When I try to rebook, I get error that there are not enough miles in my account.

Is it just a lag in their processing?
Old Dec 4, 2013, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by XMS91
Anybody else have this issue?

My account records show a redemption in miles and taxes have been billed to my credit card. However, I have no confirmation email and my account balance (at top) is showing balance as if redemption never occurred.

When I try to rebook, I get error that there are not enough miles in my account.

Is it just a lag in their processing?
All of Santa's helpers are busy, its probably in the naughty or nice queue, when an elf becomes available your request will be processed manually.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 2:02 pm
KRS

More granularity on time?

Any way to hack the website so one can search by a more specific departure time; e.g. 8AM, 4PM, etc. rather than the predefined options 5AM, 11AM, 2PM, 6PM?
Old Dec 4, 2013, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by KRS
Any way to hack the website so one can search by a more specific departure time; e.g. 8AM, 4PM, etc. rather than the predefined options 5AM, 11AM, 2PM, 6PM?
Yes, you can just use firebug or inspector in firefox / chrome to change the value of the option in the select drop down, e.g. in chrome, on the search page, right click on the time drop down and select "inspect element"

Then expand the "select" tag and double click on one of the values, e.g. the "1500" and change it to to the time you want, e.g. "1800" (for 6pm).

Finally, simply select that drop down option before running the search ...

Last edited by scibuff; May 23, 2014 at 3:44 am Reason: fixed missing images
Old Dec 4, 2013, 2:51 pm
KRS

Brilliant scibuff! Works like a charm! Thanks a lot! ^
Old Dec 4, 2013, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Yes, you can just use firebug or inspector in firefox / chrome to change the value of the option in the select drop down, e.g. in chrome, on the search page, right click on the time drop down and select "inspect element"

Then expand the "select" tag and double click on one of the values, e.g. the "1500" and change it to to the time you want, e.g. "1800" (for 6pm).

Finally, simply select that drop down option before running the search ...
That is pretty cool ^
Old Dec 4, 2013, 5:33 pm

If only it would connect two segments more than 12 hours apart onto one without having to book separately
Old Dec 4, 2013, 6:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
the problem is that LH probably doesn't release award seats to LM on that route, as both ANA and United.com show plenty of space
No awards available on LM, that's what I meant
Old Dec 5, 2013, 6:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ladies & Gentlemen, Dear Kids,
just deleted 11 post of OT chatter and unnecessary commentary. Please stay on topic.

Regards Oliver2002
Senior Mod
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by nemme99
Since I don't want to search and give this idiot page views, is this the trick (of various iterations) that's been spoiled?
The Russia trick has been around for a while in a few incarnations, but as stated - nobody should (or will) let the person board with no visa, so some very pissed off people will happen. Good - he deserves the eventual heat :P
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
The Russia trick has been around for a while in a few incarnations, but as stated - nobody should (or will) let the person board with no visa, so some very pissed off people will happen. Good - he deserves the eventual heat :P
^
Old Dec 5, 2013, 3:00 pm

Totally uncool, but rather than worrying about this specific route/trick or devaluation, I'd be more worried that LM finally reworks the booking/pricing engine which would effectively kill all the tricks here.

Also, considering how clueless the agents are, I wouldn't be too worried about some noob calling them - I'd assume they give it a try and tell him/her that the route is not bookable and that will be the end of it.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 4:49 pm

I'm not sure any of these routes are that precarious that the 1%ers that play LM are going to kill the deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.