Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2013, 5:45 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by zainman
can anyone share their experience/knowledge about using LM for LH F? From what I can gather availability shows up 14 days in advance and that is it? Doing some dummy searches I can find seats for what I want but is there another way to check LH F availability more than 14 days in advance?

Looking to travel FRA to DEN/JFK (wherever their 744's fly into the USA) around Christmas...
LH only releases F at T-14 days.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
well to an extent you can check paid loads and see whether lh will release at t-14. if f is 1, then no chance for awards..
Old Nov 29, 2013, 10:26 pm

Programs: UA LM Airbnb
Anyone with experience leaving the narrator on a chiclet run, please pm.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 5:11 pm

hi y'all hope you aren't talking about me lol
Old Dec 3, 2013, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
True, but LM shows LH F on some routes much further out than that.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by scibuff
True, but LM shows LH F on some routes much further out than that.
Are you sure it isn't phantom availability?
Old Dec 4, 2013, 1:28 am

booked it 2 Weeks ago for February 2014
Old Dec 4, 2013, 2:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
Has anyone flown a lifemile award on an asian airline USA-(Asian City)-USA?, one-way ticket with both segments on the asian airline. Will I run into cabotage troubles? PM would be appreciated, Thanks.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by SFOvacations
Has anyone flown a lifemile award on an asian airline, one-way ticket with both segments on the asian airline. Will I run into cabotage troubles? PM would be appreciated, Thanks.
afaik it cannot be ticketed. will error out and cannot proceed to payment page (although if you can let me know!).
Old Dec 4, 2013, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Are you sure it isn't phantom availability?
yes 100% as it has been ticketed and flown
Old Dec 4, 2013, 7:21 am

What do you do if the Avianca website does not recognize an IATA airport code? Can someone PM me. Thank you.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 8:26 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by rtraveler
What do you do if the Avianca website does not recognize an IATA airport code? Can someone PM me. Thank you.
This can occasionally happen when you are selecting an airline of some kind in the search box (they actually check some hacked-up routing database behind the scenes to see which airports are "legal" and which are "not"). Try de-filtering some results. Is it possible it's an extremely minor airport nobody flies to, though?
Old Dec 4, 2013, 8:31 am

Programs: BA Gold - A3 Gold - FB Gold - IHG Plat - SPG Gold -Hyatt Platinum
For me is always impossible flying to/from Pisa. Even with LH/air dolomiti flying to MUC 2 times daily. Let alone some small airports in Brasil.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by heramato
For me is always impossible flying to/from Pisa. Even with LH/air dolomiti flying to MUC 2 times daily. Let alone some small airports in Brasil.
Well, PSA is actually available

the problem is that LH probably doesn't release award seats to LM on that route, as both ANA and United.com show plenty of space

Actually, I doubt LM would see any Air Dolomiti operated flights
Old Dec 4, 2013, 8:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by scibuff
Well, PSA is actually available

the problem is that LH probably doesn't release award seats to LM on that route, as both ANA and United.com show plenty of space

Actually, I doubt LM would see any Air Dolomiti operated flights
Actually the problem comes that Lifemiles does not see any flights that are operated by a third carrier. That's the reason you can't book almost all austrian airlines with LM since their financial troubles OS flights are now operated by one of their subsidiaries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.