Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2013, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Enigma368
I personally disagree with this and think it is contrary to what flyertalk is about. I think information should be shared(in a subtle way) and it is unfair for the people who have the information to think that they should be the only ones allowed to have it.

I appreciate though that it is a fine balance, as the more people that know about something, the more likely it is to be discovered and shut down...
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Unless you are a blogger than sharing with you may not be a good idea. An no one can build their own karma, it is within you since the day you are born.
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
So will you be my Karmic supplier of lucrative routes?
lol, join me on bbm
Old Nov 12, 2013, 9:05 pm

Had no idea this thread existed! I tooled around the engine for several hours and found a number of tricks, but the return part is what's getting me if I use (what I surmise is) the chainsaw…
Also, why does only one airline seem to work for tricked Asia fares when there are others on those segments? I've gotten multiple different x points, but just one airline...

Last edited by londonienne; Nov 12, 2013 at 9:48 pm
Old Nov 12, 2013, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by londonienne
Had no idea this thread existed! I tooled around the engine for several hours and found a number of tricks, but the return part is what's getting me if I use (what I surmise is) the chainsaw…
Also, why does only one airline seem to work for tricked Asia fares when there are others on those segments? I've gotten multiple different x points, but just one airline...
cuz lm changed it so only one airline metal works.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 10:51 pm

cuz lm changed it so only one airline metal works.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 12:17 pm

Stayed up all night and found some very interesting routing that are not just C1-C2 but C2-C1 as well…but very difficulty to get J on the latter…everything has to line up...
Old Nov 13, 2013, 1:26 pm

Programs: LH FTL, PC Plat,Hilton Gold
Stayed up all night and found some very interesting routing that are not just C1-C2 but C2-C1 as well…but very difficulty to get J on the latter…everything has to line up...

It used to be very easy to get J three months ago, but now it's almost impossible, don't know why
Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:42 pm

Programs: AE, MP, DL, AA, Accor Platinum (But aren't we all?)
I assume it has to do with availability. Many more people have recently been focusing on LM since comments from the cucumber and other bloggers and started snatching up inventory on the tricked routes. Check the shoulder seasons which have a bit more availability.

Originally Posted by ulus
It used to be very easy to get J three months ago, but now it's almost impossible, don't know why
Old Nov 16, 2013, 9:50 pm

stumbled onto something cutsy today. i can go from the tiny mini park hyatt to the andaz with a very nice andaz weekender rate next year during weekends. around 25k in j, although config imo sucks crap. that's a big big hint.
have a good day eh
Old Nov 16, 2013, 9:58 pm

Hi yerffej201!

I was trying to PM you but
it looks you "exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

What regions are we talking about?

C1 and?

Originally Posted by yerffej201
stumbled onto something cutsy today. i can go from the tiny mini park hyatt to the andaz with a very nice andaz weekender rate next year during weekends. around 25k in j, although config imo sucks crap. that's a big big hint.
have a good day eh
Old Nov 16, 2013, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by gomilan
Hi yerffej201!

I was trying to PM you but
it looks you "exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

What regions are we talking about?

C1 and?
was rude, sorry.
that is all. let's keep the discussion back on track and leave the discussion of other people at that.

Last edited by yerffej201; Nov 16, 2013 at 11:53 pm Reason: reduce the snark self edit
Old Nov 16, 2013, 10:50 pm

This is funny, too bad I am not a blogger who put credit card offer on every page

Yes, I do participate in Flightfox, but I do share and exchange info here. Dont worry this stuff could be applied at FF maybe once in few months, and would not work for many ordinary people who have luggage and need visa etc. I got some miles for myself and do plan to use them soon Cheers!

P.S. I learned a lot of stuff at AFF, they dont make big deal out of it, do you hate them too?

hi gomilan

i would try to help you but multiple sources and close fters tell me that you are a flightfox leecher.

to all who care about these glitches surviving please don't answer his/her pm's.
purely my opinion so it's your judgement. i do hope you take my word though....

that is all. let's keep the discussion back on track and leave the discussion of other people at that.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 11:19 pm

This is funny, too bad I am not a blogger who put credit card offer on every page

Yes, I do participate in Flightfox, but I do share and exchange info here. Dont worry this stuff could be applied at FF maybe once in few months, and would not work for many ordinary people who have luggage and need visa etc. I got some miles for myself and do plan to use them soon Cheers!

P.S. I learned a lot of stuff at AFF, they dont make big deal out of it, do you hate them too?
you need to give to get. you can't just come in with 6 posts and ask for anything, especially if two of them containing a referral link to flightfox. share something you know.
also i have to limit my snark too so this has been edited.

i hardly understand what my blog has to do with flyertalk AT ALL.

Last edited by yerffej201; Nov 16, 2013 at 11:30 pm Reason: too much snark i had to take it out
Old Nov 16, 2013, 11:26 pm

redacted

Last edited by yerffej201; Nov 17, 2013 at 3:28 pm Reason: by request from other fter
Old Nov 16, 2013, 11:40 pm

I was not referring to your particular blog, but to bloggers in general as they seen as the biggest threat to sharing such info to the masses Also IMHO devalutions of other programs are related to too many card offers.

I am not sure I could share right now something which is really new to you but I am ready to exchange via PM with others with stuff I have on my list like gummy bear, c2w, etc.

Peace!

share something then. with 6 posts, two of them containing a referral link to flightfox and all the others fairly useless i do question your credibility.
also i have to limit my snark too so this has been edited.

i hardly understand what my blog has to do with flyertalk AT ALL.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 11:54 pm

I was not referring to your particular blog, but to bloggers in general as they seen as the biggest threat to sharing such info to the masses Also IMHO devalutions of other programs are related to too many card offers.

I am not sure I could share right now something which is really new to you but I am ready to exchange via PM with others with stuff I have on my list like gummy bear, c2w, etc.

Peace!
your language seemed to be directed towards me. and grouping me with other bloggers just indicates you haven't read my blog recently.
perhaps i was too harsh. nothing against you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.