Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2013, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
I have been criticized privately for being too harsh. In re-reading - I agree - My apologies for coming down so hard. Reason is of course that I am ( and we all should be ) fiercely protective. Its a slippery slope when others want to "up it"
I know you are a good guy. So again - Sorry.
aren't we all lol
Old Nov 10, 2013, 5:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
I have been criticized privately for being too harsh. In re-reading - I agree - My apologies for coming down so hard. Reason is of course that I am ( and we all should be ) fiercely protective. Its a slippery slope when others want to "up it"

I also edited my post so it does not become permanent history.
No problem. I am as keen as anyone else to be protective and have edited my post accordingly. If anyone feels there is still tmi, drop me a line.

The point of my post was to give evidence of one the routes discussed here working in practice, not just in principle. I'm sure many(most?) of you here are seasoned at this kind of thing do not need this kind of proof but for me this info would have been re-assuring prior to my flight. I have received 4-5 pms from people with this route booked for future travel thanking me for the report and asking for general info on my trip(what was I asked for at checkin etc.) so hopefully it has been useful to somebody!

Anyway apologies if you did not feel my post contained any informative value.

On a side note, I want to say thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread and helped me via PM over the past 6-8 months(especially one guy who I will thank personally via PM). It took me a long time to figure what the hell you were all talking about it but I got there in the end!

Last edited by Enigma368; Nov 10, 2013 at 5:31 pm
Old Nov 10, 2013, 5:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
Has anyone flown the widely know trick via cabotage? or should I be advise to stick with the domestic carrier? I plan on visiting both countries so getting off at either transit point is fine. Thanks!
Old Nov 11, 2013, 2:06 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Forget about it and let's move forward .
Old Nov 11, 2013, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Shanye2233
Yes, everyone chill out!
Old Nov 11, 2013, 2:30 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Shanye2233
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Yes, everyone chill out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJGgS9wIJiI
Old Nov 11, 2013, 3:15 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
If you've gotten away with a very good deal imo just keep quiet. I dont understand some peoples desire to discuss it openly. Same goes with with mistake fares, when companies forget to charge you or when miles somehow never get taken from your account.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
If you've gotten away with a very good deal imo just keep quiet. I dont understand some peoples desire to discuss it openly. Same goes with with mistake fares, when companies forget to charge you or when miles somehow never get taken from your account.
maybe because you want to share with other people?
plus a lot of routes are built on the hints of others. if this thread didn't exist knowledge would basically be limited to those with scrappers.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
plus a lot of routes are built on the hints of others. if this thread didn't exist knowledge would basically be limited to those with scrappers.
Its obvious there are two sorts of people on here. Nothing we can do about it..... Back on topic.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I agree, sharing is what FT is all about, we share knowledge about deals, flights, hotels, cities.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 8:43 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold | Club Carlson Gold | Le Club Platinum | British Airways Silver | * Alliance Gold |
I was raised by my parents to treat people the same way you want others to treat you.
Therefore I share because I have to at least believe there are people like me out there.

Egoistic people are the cr*p of earth and I could not care less about it if you got cancer or whatever. You build your karma.

Much love to all good non-egoistic friendly people out there
And the egoistic people. Screw you all. This is the 4th beer talking. Night!
Old Nov 12, 2013, 4:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
I personally disagree with this and think it is contrary to what flyertalk is about. I think information should be shared(in a subtle way) and it is unfair for the people who have the information to think that they should be the only ones allowed to have it.

I appreciate though that it is a fine balance, as the more people that know about something, the more likely it is to be discovered and shut down...

Last edited by Enigma368; Nov 12, 2013 at 5:11 am
Old Nov 12, 2013, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FirstClassSE
I was raised by my parents to treat people the same way you want others to treat you.
Therefore I share because I have to at least believe there are people like me out there.

Egoistic people are the cr*p of earth and I could not care less about it if you got cancer or whatever. You build your karma.

Much love to all good non-egoistic friendly people out there
And the egoistic people. Screw you all. This is the 4th beer talking. Night!
Unless you are a blogger than sharing with you may not be a good idea. An no one can build their own karma, it is within you since the day you are born.

Last edited by djjaguar64; Nov 12, 2013 at 6:03 am
Old Nov 12, 2013, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Enigma368
I personally disagree with this and think it is contrary to what flyertalk is about. I think information should be shared(in a subtle way) and it is unfair for the people who have the information to think that they should be the only ones allowed to have it.

I appreciate though that it is a fine balance, as the more people that know about something, the more likely it is to be discovered and shut down...
unless if op is saying oh wow i only got charged 30k usdm instead of 120k! then they are just really dumb...

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Unless you are a blogger than sharing with you may not be a good idea. An no one can build their own karma, it is within you since the day you are born.
I am a blogger and I share plenty of stuff privately....
Old Nov 12, 2013, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

unless if op is saying oh wow i only got charged 30k usdm instead of 120k! then they are just really dumb...

I am a blogger and I share plenty of stuff privately....
So will you be my Karmic supplier of lucrative routes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.