Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2013, 11:27 am

y'all aren't coding obscurely enough. now we have dos blogger publishing about chainsaw.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 12:20 pm

hopefully the password protection keeps some of the traffic away, but how long can that last? not long i suppose.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 1:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Shut this thread down.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 4:09 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by yerffej201
y'all aren't coding obscurely enough. now we have dos blogger publishing about chainsaw.
As has been mentioned before, that one has been openly posted in another forum by one of our midst...the same forum referenced by another blogger. Anyone choosing to read the thread from start to finish will see plenty of uncoded info...mostly from the same poster.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
As has been mentioned before, that one has been openly posted in another forum by one of our midst...the same forum referenced by another blogger. Anyone choosing to read the thread from start to finish will see plenty of uncoded info...mostly from the same poster.
australians are so much more open with info... that is all i will say
Old Nov 22, 2013, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yerffej201
australians are so much more open with info... that is all i will say
Yep and one is imprisoned in the UK, Ecuador embajada.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 3:22 pm

Programs: SAA Voyager Platinum, LifeMiles Diamond, HHonors Silver, SPG Gold, Tsogo Sun Director
hey guys I guess I found a nice trick here but I'm not sure if it is common knowledge already, if anyone would please direct me on how to codify my finding so I'm able to give (and hopefully start getting all you guys say).
Old Nov 23, 2013, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmte_valle
hey guys I guess I found a nice trick here but I'm not sure if it is common knowledge already, if anyone would please direct me on how to codify my finding so I'm able to give (and hopefully start getting all you guys say).
Just do it we're all watching you.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:11 am

I read over the last 48 pages and have a quick question (i assume this is the trick but am not 100% sure). Will a ticket that is booked from iad-fre, where fre appears in the system as a location within the US but is actually in europe and takes 2 european airlines to get there, be an issue?
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by citsfo
I read over the last 48 pages and have a quick question (i assume this is the trick but am not 100% sure). Will a ticket that is booked from iad-fre, where fre appears in the system as a location within the US but is actually in europe and takes 2 european airlines to get there, be an issue?
Yes, you can do it, not a problem, let us all know how it goes.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 9:42 am

thanks, and i found another...but it is always sold out, not sure why
Old Nov 24, 2013, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by citsfo
thanks, and i found another...but it is always sold out, not sure why
Tell, us which one, we will keep it a secret.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 4:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by cmte_valle
Why don't you PM a couple of the top guys like ZBENYE or Yerffej201 for advise PRIOR to posting publicly. They will advise you if you have something special and they will steer you right.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Why don't you PM a couple of the top guys like ZBENYE or Yerffej201 for advise PRIOR to posting publicly. They will advise you if you have something special and they will steer you right.
^
Old Nov 28, 2013, 4:00 pm

Programs: QF WP, QR GOLD, TK GOLD, EY GOLD, AF/KLM GOLD
can anyone share their experience/knowledge about using LM for LH F? From what I can gather availability shows up 14 days in advance and that is it? Doing some dummy searches I can find seats for what I want but is there another way to check LH F availability more than 14 days in advance?

Looking to travel FRA to DEN/JFK (wherever their 744's fly into the USA) around Christmas...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.