Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
NOTE: This thread has been superseded by the thread entitled LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it) Rebooted v2.0. Please follow the discussion there.

Region definitions
C1 North America
C1.5 Caribbean, Bermuda
C2 Europe
C2.5 Middle East
C3 Asia
C4 South America
C5 Africa
C6 Oceania

2X, 3X: in the context of this LifeMiles thread, 2X and 3X refer to any 2nd and 3rd legs of a one-way award ticket.

LifeMiles' Star Alliance Award Chart

Cash & Miles redemptions: buying the max (60%) isn't always the best deal (unless you're purchasing all miles right there). Check here for the best CPM.

Beware of Cabotage: LifeMiles has been known to issue tickets that constitute Cabotage, and at least one instance of denied boarding has been reported, stranding the passenger. An easily-seen example is travel on Copa from LAX to SJU (via PTY).
Print Wikipost

LM F and J routes (and the occasional trick-it)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2014, 2:00 pm

USA Cabotage
Journeys between the following territories are U.S. Cabotage Points:
American Samoa, Baker Island, Guam, Howland Island, Jarvis Island, Johnson Atoll, Kingman Reef, Midway Island, Northern Mariana Island, Puerto Rico, Saipan, Swains Island, Pacific Trust Territories, Palmyra Island, Panama Canal Zone, US Virgin Islands, Wake Island.
Originally Posted by 15cats
Even if the answer is yes to all of the above, why can I not start a RTW in guam and finish in boston? It's because they are coded as different countries by IATA/ISO. Same with Netherlands and St. Maarten, and so on. Trust me, I've tried.

I'm a little confused by this perceived ambiguity.
For RTW, you'll be on mixed carriers, cabotage rules don't applied.

Last edited by imm2b; May 7, 2014 at 2:26 pm
Old May 7, 2014, 3:09 pm

For cabotage the best check is just to use the Matrix forcing the flights. If a GDS prices it you'll be fine.

Originally Posted by catharsis
Is that a new change in behaviour or has it always been thus...

i.e. are you commenting on new cabotage treatment on the LM engine or just pointing out that they are at least partially aware of the issue?
As far as I know, it has always been like that.
Old May 7, 2014, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by imverge
What I said is still valid... This specific "route" that originates or ends in Canada is indeed valid.
Absolutely, except the guy stated he was departing from LAX. So not valid for his trip, but otherwise totally valid. ^
Old May 7, 2014, 5:08 pm

I'm working on a C1-C6-C1 r/t on favorable terms and can only get the outbound to work... the return itinerary always breaks, and badly. Of course, I only discovered this after buying a sizable chunk of miles...

I thought my problems may have been related to the UA issues but the persist despite the re-instatement of UA availability.

I don't have a lot of weapons in my arsenal so if anyone has any ability or inclination to assist, please don't hesitate.

Last edited by YYZC2; May 7, 2014 at 5:14 pm
Old May 7, 2014, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by YYZC2
I'm working on a C1-C6-C1 r/t and can only get the outbound to work... the return itinerary always breaks, and badly. Of course, I only discovered this after buying a sizable chunk of miles...

I thought my problems may have been related to the UA issues but the persist despite the re-instatement of UA availability.

I don't have a lot of weapons in my arsenal so if anyone has any ability or inclination to assist, please don't hesitate.
The C6-C1 miscode always seems to error out when operated the long way around on the non-US airline.
Old May 7, 2014, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by scibuff
The C6-C1 miscode always seems to error out when operated the long way around on the non-US airline.
Not trying to be obtuse, but I can price and book *to* C6, even when going to the long way, always with love.

Returns show space but won't book. I admit I haven't tried booking r/t, only o/w.

Returns need to be single-carrier, I take it?
Old May 7, 2014, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by YYZC2
Not trying to be obtuse, but I can price and book *to* C6, even when going to the long way, always with love.

Returns show space but won't book. I admit I haven't tried booking r/t, only o/w.

Returns need to be single-carrier, I take it?
Yes, C1 to C6 works on reversed route for which C6 to C1 doesn't (even when individual segment do).

The single carrier return *used to* work just fine
Old May 7, 2014, 6:18 pm

Is it just me or is the Candy Animal back (May 14)?
Old May 7, 2014, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by scibuff
Is it just me or [CENSORED]
Just kidding . Need some levity around here.

But it looks good to me, though I didn't get that date but I saw enough others to feel confident.
Old May 7, 2014, 6:50 pm

the friendly skies airline inventory is back up, and looks like everyone's favourite destination near asia and tree cutting is now bookable. I wonder if it is it a coincidence that this happened just when lifemiles refused to rebook me on united, because they didn't see...
Old May 7, 2014, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
the friendly skies airline inventory is back up, and looks like everyone's favourite destination near asia and tree cutting is now bookable. I wonder if it is it a coincidence that this happened just when lifemiles refused to rebook me on united, because they didn't see...
Ooh, did someone say conspiracy?
Old May 7, 2014, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or maybe it was the concerted effort by a few posters starting a few days ago to alert LM to the lack of UA availability @:-) ^. I sincerely hope you are joking with this post.
Old May 7, 2014, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Or maybe it was the concerted effort by a few posters starting a few days ago to alert LM to the lack of UA availability @:-) ^. I sincerely hope you are joking with this post.
it could be too. i'm just wondering, of course.
Old May 7, 2014, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

it could be too. i'm just wondering, of course.
Considering that effort started at least 72 hours ago, while yours is 24 at most, and that was much more pointed in that direction, while yours was more concerning your specific ticket, which do you infer as the most likely cause?
Old May 7, 2014, 8:16 pm

The connection time between the two Big Ben airports on the way back to C1 seems too close. 3 hrs to pickup luggage, clear customs, make it through traffic, and re-check luggage. For people who have done this trip, how much time to spare did you have?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.