Jakarta (CGK) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jakarta (CGK) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2018, 1:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Question Overnight stay in airport

Hi All!

I’m doing a MR on UA Metal. I have a <8 hour layover and am considering what to do. Is the Airport hotel worth it or should I simply tough it out in terminal? Is the hotel air or land side?

Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Aiport Hotel is land side.
In2ishn likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
I'm arriving to CGK at 4:05 AM on CX and looking to take a flight to DPS that morning. What is a safe connection time on a separate ticket on a LCC (Air Asia, Lion, etc.). I will have a checked bag. I was looking at 8 AM and 10 AM flights. I know 10 AM would be perfectly safe, but what about the 8 AM?
Old Mar 17, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by rdurlabhji
I'm arriving to CGK at 4:05 AM on CX and looking to take a flight to DPS that morning. What is a safe connection time on a separate ticket on a LCC (Air Asia, Lion, etc.). I will have a checked bag. I was looking at 8 AM and 10 AM flights. I know 10 AM would be perfectly safe, but what about the 8 AM?
4 hours is fine. You'll have sufficient padding for a 1 hour delay but not much more.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Originally Posted by SilverChris
4 hours is fine. You'll have sufficient padding for a 1 hour delay but not much more.
Well as it turns out my friend who I am meeting has to work that day and we are going to take a 3:30 PM flight, so now I just need to find something to do / day hotel in the area. I'll be spending a couple days in Jakarta on the back end of the trip so I don't need to rush to see anything, just find a place to relax.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by rdurlabhji
Well as it turns out my friend who I am meeting has to work that day and we are going to take a 3:30 PM flight, so now I just need to find something to do / day hotel in the area. I'll be spending a couple days in Jakarta on the back end of the trip so I don't need to rush to see anything, just find a place to relax.
There are a number of hotels nearby. Just make sure they have a shuttle, and are on or near the main road. I once booked a hotel on the far side that took 40 minutes to get to the terminals.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Zolex
That should be enough time.

If you are a citizen of a country in the list in below link. You don't even need a VOA.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa...Visa_exemption

By May all international flights should leave/depart from terminal 3 but keep in mind that projects like these often get postponed in Indonesia.
Thanks much. Just in case Indonesia treats it differently than the US, would we need to clear immigration at CGK? Not LOP?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More
Originally Posted by kpottermn
Thanks much. Just in case Indonesia treats it differently than the US, would we need to clear immigration at CGK? Not LOP?
You will have to clear immigration at CGK.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 2:10 pm

Location: KUL (MY), ICN (KR), ZRH (CH) or OTP (RO) - or somewhere in between
Programs: OZ, JL
I will have a few hours in CGK mid-day on a Saturday (landing around 1:00 PM and departing around 9:00 PM). Let’s say I could leave the airport around 2:00 PM and I will need to reach back the airport at 7:00 PM, so just 5h in total. Can anyone suggest a hypermarket or a department store or a shopping mall relatively easily reachable from the airport where I can stock up on local groceries and get back to the airport in time for my 9:00 PM flight? Usually I am doing my Asian groceries shopping in Kuala Lumpur, as my work trips bring me to KL every 6 weeks or so but this time I am doing a mileage run to CGK - just could not help it 😬 - and I would really like to use my time in CGK to do some groceries shopping rather than just trying to kill time at the airport. Thanks a lot for any pointers!
Old Apr 14, 2018, 9:50 pm

Is Hero at Puri Indah Mall my best bet or is there something even easier to get to from CGK airport?
Old Apr 15, 2018, 7:46 pm

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
Market City or The Food Hall in Pantai Indah Kapuk would be better options. They're closer to the airport and avoid needing to take the Outer Ring Road as well (which always seems to be jammed these days).There's also plenty of decent dining options in Pantai Indah Kapuk as well, so easy enough to grab a bite somewhere pleasant before or after filling up your shopping bags (it certainly beats the dining options available at the airport!).
Old Apr 15, 2018, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by GibSpmuh
Market City or The Food Hall in Pantai Indah Kapuk would be better options. They're closer to the airport and avoid needing to take the Outer Ring Road as well (which always seems to be jammed these days).There's also plenty of decent dining options in Pantai Indah Kapuk as well, so easy enough to grab a bite somewhere pleasant before or after filling up your shopping bags (it certainly beats the dining options available at the airport!).
Thanks a million!
Old Apr 23, 2018, 4:46 am

Travelling on two separate tickets

First time travelling on two separate tickets, happened to purchase a business class QR tickets to BOS from CGK. However, I’m flying into CGK from SIN first so I have a few questions, how many hours should I leave for transiting between flights, because I read that CGK can be quite slow or may have delays. If it helps, my flight from CGK to DOH is QR957, departing around 5.50pm.

Another question is do i have to collect my luggage upon arrival and recheck in again? Or is there airline I should be taking so that I can check through (despite being two separate tickets?), would it help if I take SQ since I’m flying in from SIN?

Sorry for the lengthy post, thank you in advance!
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Peeps - anyone have any recommendations for a 5* fairly central hotel with balcony? I can't remember seeing a hotel with one - apart from Dharmawangsa - but that blows budget this time - circa US$150 a night - can stretch if needbe?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 3:48 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Peeps - anyone have any recommendations for a 5* fairly central hotel with balcony? I can't remember seeing a hotel with one - apart from Dharmawangsa - but that blows budget this time - circa US$150 a night - can stretch if needbe?

Thanks in advance.
I think the Hermitage does have suite room with balcony (the second floor) if I recall correctly. It is in central and should suite your budget I think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.