Wiki Posts
Search

Jakarta (CGK) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 2:06 pm

Location: KUL (MY), ICN (KR), ZRH (CH) or OTP (RO) - or somewhere in between
Programs: OZ, JL
CX to MH at CGK T2

I wonder if anyone here had a recent (post Garuda move to T3) experience with international transit in T2 and can share some thoughts? How is the transit desk in T2 functioning now?
In my previous experiences connecting in T2, it was always GA staff who helped me with my onward boarding pass (no matter which airline I was going to fly out of CGK). Is there a oneworld transit desk or a MH transit desk? Or a general transit desk handling all airlines?
My particular case: I am arriving on CX and my onward flight is on MH (separate tickets, plenty of time between the flights, no checked bags). I have time to pass through immigration to go landside and back, but I would obviously prefer not to, if I have a choice.
So, would I be able to get my MH boarding pass at the transit desk in T2?
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, DAL Gold, Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Reds2011
An experience not to be missed - once in a lifetime you might say...

Seems like a plan!!!
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:10 pm

Back in CGK after a year...

Not much to report that hasn't been said. Did an MIA-LAX-HKG-CGK-NRT-DFW-MIA run that will yield a little over 22K miles for under $900 (yes, EQD sucks and EQM). At the Crowne Plaza in South Jakarta (under $90 a night, and taking advantage of the Accelerate promotion). Didn't venture out at all as the weather has been muggy and I have my return flight tonight. The night was hectic as I was working, and it's a little over 8 am and I need to take a rest. A few small differences from my last trip:

* Immigration was MUCH quicker (arrived midday compared to midnight)
* Was flocked by everyone outside asking if I wanted a taxi
* Took Uber, which cost 110K IDR (plus about 20K in tolls, etc). The difference now is that Uber was located across the street in a special section of the airport, much easier to find
* Traffic still sucks

For some reason, this route is very cheap compared to many/every other route out there, so considering I take a few business trips a year, all I really need is one to two of these long mileage runs, and I qualify for EXP. Works for me
Old Nov 7, 2017, 6:12 pm

I will do another 'run' at the end of January. Have two SWU that I need to use and the flights are still under $1K

Will hold off on the hotels until I see what active promotions are out there
Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by sawastea
Back in CGK after a year...

Not much to report that hasn't been said. Did an MIA-LAX-HKG-CGK-NRT-DFW-MIA run that will yield a little over 22K miles for under $900 (yes, EQD sucks and EQM). At the Crowne Plaza in South Jakarta (under $90 a night, and taking advantage of the Accelerate promotion). Didn't venture out at all as the weather has been muggy and I have my return flight tonight. The night was hectic as I was working, and it's a little over 8 am and I need to take a rest. A few small differences from my last trip:

* Immigration was MUCH quicker (arrived midday compared to midnight)
* Was flocked by everyone outside asking if I wanted a taxi
* Took Uber, which cost 110K IDR (plus about 20K in tolls, etc). The difference now is that Uber was located across the street in a special section of the airport, much easier to find
* Traffic still sucks

For some reason, this route is very cheap compared to many/every other route out there, so considering I take a few business trips a year, all I really need is one to two of these long mileage runs, and I qualify for EXP. Works for me
The Crowne Plaza has been pretty worn out all the years I stayed there.

I much prefer the Doubletree. Similar pricing. For Gold or above, they treat you quite nicely. Right now Hilton has a flash sale. Rooms from $75 net. Sunday and Monday are the cheapest. If you don’t have gold or better, I’d book an exec room, still pretty cheap, and a nice lounge and great breakfast. Lots of Hilton promos this quarter. Plus a Diamond challenge through 3/19 for 8 stays.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero

I much prefer the Doubletree. Similar pricing. For Gold or above, they treat you quite nicely. Right now Hilton has a flash sale. Rooms from $75 net. Sunday and Monday are the cheapest. If you don’t have gold or better, I’d book an exec room, still pretty cheap, and a nice lounge and great breakfast. Lots of Hilton promos this quarter. Plus a Diamond challenge through 3/19 for 8 stays.
But if you "need" to stay IHG, the HI at Kemayoran is OK hotel-wise though awkwardly situated (except for getting to/from the airport). The very best IHG hotel for the airport is the Pluit HIX.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 1:49 pm

Delete, wrong thread...
Old Jan 14, 2018, 9:24 am

Off to CGK again this week. Staying at the airport hotel for the fist MR of the year. Booked this for $900 and in May flying to SIN on PE for $1.4K. Looking forward to the trip
Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: CXAM BAEC
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero

Will stay Doubletree next month. What is the best way to get there from airport? Taxi or Uber? and around how much? Is the hotel far away from CBD?
Old Feb 3, 2018, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Sohoboy
Will stay Doubletree next month. What is the best way to get there from airport? Taxi or Uber? and around how much? Is the hotel far away from CBD?
I normally take a Bluebird or Express taxi from the airport if I have normal luggage. If I have a ton of luggage I’ll take a SUV Silverbird. Taxi’s are 150-180k IDR normally. Silverbird maybe double that.

The hotel is near a train station, and relatively close to the CBD.
Sohoboy likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 12:21 pm

Garuda, AirAsia and Korean Air all fly in/out of Terminal 3 correct?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More
Originally Posted by Deafchick
Garuda, AirAsia and Korean Air all fly in/out of Terminal 3 correct?
AirAsia uses terminal 2 now.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:34 pm

Programs: GA Gold, BA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Zolex
AirAsia uses terminal 2 now.
AirAsia's international flight has moved to T3 since 22 January. Domestic flights still in T2F.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
I'm considering a SQ-BR connection that's only 65 minutes long. Would very likely get my BR boarding pass from SIN since it's on the same ticket but I'm wondering how messed up the transit procedure is like. Am I asking for trouble?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:57 am

Location: KUL (MY), ICN (KR), ZRH (CH) or OTP (RO) - or somewhere in between
Programs: OZ, JL
All international flights to/from CGK moving to T3

Did not see this mentioned anywhere yet: the CGK airport operator announced that all international flights to and from CGK will move to T3 by May this year. That should make international connections (including self-connections) in CGK a lot easier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.