Wiki Posts
Search

Jakarta (CGK) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by jmj9905
I am flying into cgk at 4am. I am concerned about the safety of the airport?
The airport is pretty safe.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
You mean safety of the airport operations, or personal safety in the airport area?

The first clearly shouldn't be a concern. And unless you take off on foot from the airport, neither should the second. Just get a taxi: if you have just a glimmer of continuing concern get a limo from one of the desks in the arrivals area.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 1:34 am

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
The only thing I'd caution is to watch out for the taxi touts after you leave the arrivals hall. They're more annoying than dangerous, but if you have a lost look on your face they'll swarm pretty quickly to 'assist' you. For me I prefer just grabbing a Silver Bird taxi (each of the taxi brands have their own queues), it's more expensive, but better quality vehicles and the driver *should* have a reasonable level of English as well (not always guaranteed with the more basic taxis).
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:49 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

I will be in town from 7-10 August, if anyone would like to meet.

Meanwhile, if anyone could recommend a good Manado restaurant different from Beautika, please chime in.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 2:24 pm

Thanks for the information and quick response.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:12 am

I based in CGK currently but still very confused about the airport terminal change schedule there...
Anyone has a schedule of it? last time i heard 1 Aug is the change date for all international to go into T3, but turns out i have to take my CX flight at T2...
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by shek3112
I based in CGK currently but still very confused about the airport terminal change schedule there...
Anyone has a schedule of it? last time i heard 1 Aug is the change date for all international to go into T3, but turns out i have to take my CX flight at T2...
Don’t expect much ontime in Indonesia.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero

Don’t expect much ontime in Indonesia.
That's sad but true...

coming back to CGK in a few days, will report in which terminal CX lands~
Old Aug 4, 2018, 11:18 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

That's sad but true...

coming back to CGK in a few days, will report in which terminal CX lands~
they won't change the terminal without at least a week of advance notice... these sort of things are quite significant.

When MH and QF moved to T3, there was information everywhere about the move, from local news, to the airline's websites, so don't expect to have the airline land in another terminal without notice.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by clubeurope
they won't change the terminal without at least a week of advance notice... these sort of things are quite significant.

When MH and QF moved to T3, there was information everywhere about the move, from local news, to the airline's websites, so don't expect to have the airline land in another terminal without notice.
yes sir your view is proved. just landed into T2...

btw it's hard to get a grab at midnight /early morning, so better take a blue bird (ones with the blue bird group banner on top of front window) or book it thru hotel~
clubeurope likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 8:12 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
TK too is still in T2
Old Aug 8, 2018, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by gilbertaue
TK too is still in T2
There are still plenty of airlines in T2: TK, QR, CX, SQ, EY, EK, UL, PR, BR, and more

From what I see, they are prioritising the move for ST airlines first, in addition to the odd few non-ST, but allianced airlines, like MH and QF. I’ve been hearing that UL is to be moved soon, but haven’t heard anything more since.
gilbertaue likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Hello,

Have two stopovers out & back and the hotel's nearer the airport don't excite me but I also don't want to be doing 1.5hr+ in taxis each way each stopover.

How long does it take from airport to The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan at about 6pm and 7pm ?

And from The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan to the airport about 7am (0940 flight) and also at 9am ? (for midday flight)

Thinking the Ritz Mega Kuningan, the Pullman Central Park or if reports are that traffic is utterly dreadful then I might go for the Novotel Tangerang (40mins by taxi according to google maps) or the 20 minutes to the Mercure Pantai Indah Kapukalthough but I'd rather do the Ritz or the Pullman obviously :-)

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Aug 14, 2018 at 5:43 pm
Old Aug 14, 2018, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Hello,

Have two stopovers out & back and the hotel's nearer the airport don't excite me but I also don't want to be doing 1.5hr+ in taxis each way each stopover.

How long does it take from airport to The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan at about 6pm and 7pm ?

And from The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan to the airport about 7am (0940 flight) and also at 9am ? (for midday flight)

Thinking the Ritz Mega Kuningan, the Pullman Central Park or if reports are that traffic is utterly dreadful then I might go for the Novotel Tangerang (40mins by taxi according to google maps) or the 20 minutes to the Mercure Pantai Indah Kapukalthough but I'd rather do the Ritz or the Pullman obviously :-)
You can use google maps on a PC and there are options to see the time of the trip based on usual traffic at those times
clubeurope likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Hello,

The Pullman Central Park is muchcloser to CGK than is the Ritz Mega Kuningan, so that may be of interest. They also have a shopping mall right adjacent to the hotel, which could be useful to some.

In my experience, the Pullman is around 30-70 minutes from the airport, depending on traffic plus any road work. It could be worse if traffic is really bad.

Regular Taxis (Blue Bird) from the Pullman will usually cost around Rp. 110,000 excluding tolls and tip, which usually totals up to Rp. 130,000-150,000 (~$10-$12 or £7-8). The Silver Bird Taxis will cost around Rp. 250,000-300,000 after tolls and tip (~$18-22 or £14-16). Tips are not mandatory, but it is polite to round up the fare to the nearest 5,000 or 10,000 (depending on the budget). These fares are rough estimates, and could be a lot more if the traffic is significantly worse than usual. I have had times when I paid upwards of Rp. 500,000 (~$35 or £26) due to worse traffic affected by all sorts of factors (rain, roadworks, congestions, etc).

The Ritz can be around 45-100 minutes from the airport, again depending on the traffic on the day, plus any road work.

*UPDATE additionally, it would be wise to follow @DeepUnderground's suggestion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.