Jakarta (CGK) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jakarta (CGK) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Many thanks, blueferrari, much appreciated! I'll update the thread with my experiences.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:57 am

Did they ever finish the Metro subway ?
or at least the first part ?

Does it help getting across Jakarta or does it go between places tourist would not normally go ?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by LAXlocal

Does it help getting across Jakarta or does it go between places tourist would not normally go ?
Nothing open yet. A small section is supposed to open in March.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 11:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
Originally Posted by LAXlocal

The MRT is supposed to start operating end March 2019. Line starts from the Bunderan HI (Welcome roundabout) to Pondok Indah in South Jakarta. Goes through mainly commercial and business areas, elevated section after Senayan will pass through some government buildings like the Asean Secretariat and the Blok M commercial district. The end of the line after Pondok Indah is a fairly new development of residential and commercial space.

The infographic in Indo shows the details of the stations along the route. Note this is only for the 1st phase. Its only in Bahasa Indonesia.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:29 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by quirrow
The MRT is supposed to start operating end March 2019. Line starts from the Bunderan HI (Welcome roundabout) to Pondok Indah in South Jakarta. Goes through mainly commercial and business areas, elevated section after Senayan will pass through some government buildings like the Asean Secretariat and the Blok M commercial district. The end of the line after Pondok Indah is a fairly new development of residential and commercial space.

The infographic in Indo shows the details of the stations along the route. Note this is only for the 1st phase. Its only in Bahasa Indonesia.
Since it goes by Senayan, does it also pass by this...(?)

Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
Since it goes by Senayan, does it also pass by this...(?)

No, it doesn't. It passes the Senayan on the main Jend. Sudirman road which connects the 3 main roundabouts in Jakarta.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:52 am

Just wondered are there any updates to an international transit in CGK? It is a CX-QR transit and I meet the MCT. I heard someone said additional tax needs to be paid?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:45 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Tax has been included in all tickets, with no cash collection at airport, for about 5 years now.
clubeurope likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 4:05 am

Access to Premier Lounge while flying Sriwijaya?

Can passengers flying domestically on Sriwijaya (now in Terminal 2D) access the Premier Lounge? I've never been there before so didn't know how the terminal is set up, and reviews of the lounge state that it's located past exit immigration.

Thanks!

Last edited by mongrisette; May 18, 2019 at 7:33 am
Old May 18, 2019, 7:28 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I’m not sure what’s the situation now at Terminal 2, but if you’re flying domestically, you can’t access the premier lounge past immigration.

Since Terminal 2 is still technically handling Intl flights, then I’d imagine it should still be like that. But, terminal 2D-E-F are connected, and as far as I remember most recently, 2E and 2F are used for domestic flights, so you’d most likely end up using those gates anyways despite checking in at 2D.

There’s a paid for lounge at 2F (before security) which I think also belongs to priority pass, and the entry fee is supposedly around Rp 150-200k (~11-16 USD)
Old May 18, 2019, 7:39 am

Thanks for the info! I'm guessing that other lounge you mentioned is probably the Transfer Lounge.
Old May 18, 2019, 8:08 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mongrisette
Thanks for the info! I'm guessing that other lounge you mentioned is probably the Transfer Lounge.
I'm terribly sorry, but I may have to retract my statement. All the lounges in Terminal 2E/2F appear to have closed, and since terminal 2 is becoming a low cost terminal, I think it may be unlikely for a new lounge to open.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:30 pm

Update: I found the lounges at the end of a long hallway of shops in Terminal 2, before security. The International First & Business Class lounge was closed (no info provided on whether it's reopening) with a sign posted redirecting people to the Pura Indah lounge next door. Bring your own towel for the Pura Indah shower.

Last edited by mongrisette; Jun 4, 2019 at 8:31 pm Reason: grammar mistake
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: AA
Transit through CGK

I have read that one should leave several hours before a flight to transfer in CGK - is this true? I am looking to book round trip DFW-CGK and then separately buy CGK-DPS for cheaper total flight. On my return, DPS-CGK - I am nervous about how much time I'd need to allow in order to not miss the international flight home. It may be worth paying extra to book it all DFW-DPS together to avoid the hassle. Any advice based upon travel experiences through CGK? Thank you!
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:02 pm

It depends on whether your CGK-DPS flight is leaving from the domestic or international terminal but in either case, I would leave at minimum a few hours' gap in between flights, more if you're flying out of the domestic terminal. The domestic terminal is easy to get to from the international terminal (there's an air train) but CGK is decently-sized and if it's your first time there, it's not always clear which direction you need to head in. I was confused at times about where to go, and I say this as someone who speaks Indonesian and generally doesn't like to get to airports early.

Another factor you may have already considered is that luggage fees vary across the domestic airlines. Some, like Lion Air, charge for most bags, while others (eg, Sriwijaya, Citilink) have weight allowances that are usually smaller than what the international airlines provide (although they tend to be more generous on the DPS route than on other domestic routes). An upside of flying into DPS' domestic terminal, though, is that it will be easier and cheaper for you to get a GoJek (the Indonesian Uber) from the domestic terminal than from the international one. You will almost certainly pay more to get a ride from the international terminal.
lblat likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.