Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jakarta (CGK) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2023, 7:20 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by jerrychuang
I’m taking GA on a CAN-CGK-SYD routing. From reading this post it seems there is no airside transfer. Aside from eVOA, do I need to collect the baggage and recheck them in the departure level? The transfer time is 4h10min. Is this plenty? Same ticket.

thanks a lot!

When you check in at CAN, your luggage should be tagged all the way.
As long as it is, you should not have to collect it.
For peace of mind, show your luggage tag at the gate and ask them to confirm it has been transferred.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 12:54 am

I consider to fly AUH-CGK with Etihad arriving 2:35pm and taking CGK-DPS with Garuda later that day. What would be the procedure in CGK, do I need to grab my bags and re-check or can I do everything airside?
Old Jul 17, 2023, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by cpn1980
I consider to fly AUH-CGK with Etihad arriving 2:35pm and taking CGK-DPS with Garuda later that day. What would be the procedure in CGK, do I need to grab my bags and re-check or can I do everything airside?
You need to go through immigration, reclaim luggage, pass customs and recheck at the domestic counter.
cpn1980 and Norexan like this.
Old Jul 17, 2023, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
You need to go through immigration, reclaim luggage, pass customs and recheck at the domestic counter.
what would be roughly the time needed?
Old Jul 17, 2023, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by cpn1980
what would be roughly the time needed?
Three hours is what I would consider, if you are a foreigner needing a VOA and such.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Hello, any recent experience entering regarding COVID requirements?

Info is quite confusing, I downloaded the satusehat app and could not upload my card. Is this even required any longer? Can I just carry my card (US CDC)?
Old Aug 21, 2023, 12:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
Hello, any recent experience entering regarding COVID requirements?

Info is quite confusing, I downloaded the satusehat app and could not upload my card. Is this even required any longer? Can I just carry my card (US CDC)?
There are no COVID requirements for Indonesia.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 7:19 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Any smoking areas airside or landslide T3 CGK ?
Old Sep 26, 2023, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN4
Any smoking areas airside or landslide T3 CGK ?
Yes, there are smoking rooms inside the terminal airside and an area outside at the end of the sidewalk at check in.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 12:51 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Titanium ANA Diamond
Originally Posted by eccentricfusion
Yes, there are smoking rooms inside the terminal airside and an area outside at the end of the sidewalk at check in.
Thank you
Old Oct 8, 2023, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA, AS, DL
We will be transiting CGK Terminal 2 to Terminal 3 next year domestic to international flight. I'm getting ready to book the flights. We'll be arriving on Batik from AMQ at 10:20. Departing on EVA to TPE at 14:20. These will be on separate PNRs.

Is 4 hours a reasonable connection time to collect our checked bags, transit to Terminal 3, and check in with EVA?

Is the Sky Train running on a dependable schedule? I remember reading in a another post a while ago that the train was only running sporadically. If the train isn't running, is there a free shuttle bus to go from Terminal 2 to Terminal 3?
Old Oct 9, 2023, 3:23 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Just a random datapoint - Visa on Arrival seemed to work relatively well on a Sunday at 1:30 PM - no one in line at the payment counter, paid 35 US dollars (they said change would be in IDR, so I'm glad I had exact change), walked up to the Foreigner section with a bunch of separate lines - no more than 4 folks deep each. The officer asked more questions in English than I would normally expect, but nothing odd and was willing to put the visa stickers over old stamps (much appreciated). The customs form is online only now and took about 2 minutes - scan at the exit, and then you're done. Probably a 20-30 minute process in total (I didn't have to wait for checked bags as I was carry-on only).
Old Oct 9, 2023, 7:57 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Mithria
We will be transiting CGK Terminal 2 to Terminal 3 next year domestic to international flight. I'm getting ready to book the flights. We'll be arriving on Batik from AMQ at 10:20. Departing on EVA to TPE at 14:20. These will be on separate PNRs.

Is 4 hours a reasonable connection time to collect our checked bags, transit to Terminal 3, and check in with EVA?

Is the Sky Train running on a dependable schedule? I remember reading in a another post a while ago that the train was only running sporadically. If the train isn't running, is there a free shuttle bus to go from Terminal 2 to Terminal 3?
Yes, I would be comfortable with 4 hours as long as you have a changeable ticket to TPE.
Otherwise I would want both flights on one PNR , or a full day in between.
I have had too many flight cancellations/delays in Indonesia in the past ( President/VP is flying in today so airport closed,
shuttle bus for crew broke down so no flight,....).
Old Oct 9, 2023, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA, AS, DL
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Yes, I would be comfortable with 4 hours as long as you have a changeable ticket to TPE.
Otherwise I would want both flights on one PNR , or a full day in between.
I have had too many flight cancellations/delays in Indonesia in the past ( President/VP is flying in today so airport closed,
shuttle bus for crew broke down so no flight,....).
Yes, the TPE ticket will be changeable and refundable. According to FlightAware, the AMQ-CGK flight was only delayed twice in the last 3 months and only one of those delays would have resulted in us missing the TPE flight. While that's no guarantee for the day we fly, it does give me reassurance that the risk of missing the TPE flight is low. Thanks for your advice, it was very helpful.
Old Oct 9, 2023, 2:23 pm

Connection timing in CGK

We will be arriving at CGK from Sorong via Garuda at 10:10 AM with checked bags. We are looking at an outbound international Scoot flight that departs 12:10. Are we going to be able to do this? It is on a Wednesday in mid-December.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.