Jakarta (CGK) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jakarta (CGK) - the ultimate Q&A thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2018, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by mihaid
Did not see this mentioned anywhere yet: the CGK airport operator announced that all international flights to and from CGK will move to T3 by May this year. That should make international connections (including self-connections) in CGK a lot easier.
Yes it will be that way. meanwhile T2 will be used for domestic and umrah/hajj flight terminal.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 6:33 am

Location: KUL (MY), ICN (KR), ZRH (CH) or OTP (RO) - or somewhere in between
Programs: OZ, JL
Originally Posted by blueferrari
Yes it will be that way. meanwhile T2 will be used for domestic and umrah/hajj flight terminal.
But will Garuda’s domestic flights still leave out of T3 or will they be moved to T2? I hope they will stay at T3.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:53 am

But will Garuda’s domestic flights still leave out of T3 or will they be moved to T2? I hope they will stay at T3.
I have not read about that anywhere at the moment, but I believe Garuda will retain T3 for their domestic flight as well. It's not logical for them and airport authority to go back to T2.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 11:03 pm

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More
Did not see this mentioned anywhere yet: the CGK airport operator announced that all international flights to and from CGK will move to T3 by May this year. That should make international connections (including self-connections) in CGK a lot easier.
Keep in mind that it's Indonesia though. By May this year will probably mean by August or something
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Used the train late last week to jet over to T2 from T3 for a quick sleep at the airport hotel. Smooth setup.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
Used the train late last week to jet over to T2 from T3 for a quick sleep at the airport hotel. Smooth setup.
Excellent, I wanted to try it out on my last transfer but the the SkyTrain was only running during certain hours of the day. Do you know if they have expanded the hours of operation? Here is the last thing I could find regarding the hours from the Jakarta Post:

Airport skytrain to serve 12 trips in two hours - City - The Jakarta Post
Old Feb 13, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: GA Gold, BA Silver, HH Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by gpeso8
Excellent, I wanted to try it out on my last transfer but the the SkyTrain was only running during certain hours of the day. Do you know if they have expanded the hours of operation? Here is the last thing I could find regarding the hours from the Jakarta Post:

Airport skytrain to serve 12 trips in two hours - City - The Jakarta Post
This is the new skytrain schedule.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by 7free
This is the new skytrain schedule.
Perfect, thanks so much!
Old Feb 21, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: DL-DM, Hilton-Dia
Transfer desk available?

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I'm a bit of a pessimist when it comes to construction projects in Indonesia. I wouldn't book a tight (sub 2 hrs) connection, and count on this train.
Looking at a MR on China Eastern arr 10:30pm from PVG departing 11:30pm to PVG (same aircraft). Is it possible to get boarding pass from a transfer desk without clearing customs and make this one hour connection?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by 1Banker

Looking at a MR on China Eastern arr 10:30pm from PVG departing 11:30pm to PVG (same aircraft). Is it possible to get boarding pass from a transfer desk without clearing customs and make this one hour connection?
I know there is a transfer desk of some sort, but have never used it. One hour, even on the same aircraft, might be very tricky, if you can’t get your boarding pass from PVG.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: DL-DM, Hilton-Dia
I
I'm worried about that connection as well. Any suggestion as to how I may get accurate information about the transfer desk & if they can issue a boarding pass for China Eastern? Thanks for your prompt response.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:55 pm

There is a person from Trip Reports subforum tried successfully twice to make turnaround in CGK using Srilankan. It seemed his key move was to alert the FA onboard prior to landing and they'll inform the airport personnel upon arrival. Thus he's able to shortcut to gate. Boarding pass printed at gate.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1892914-live-trip-report-lhr-doh-cmb-cgk-cmb-doh-cmb-cgk-cmb-dph-lhr.html

But YMMV, different airlines, different terminal, different person might result in different outcome.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:31 am

Scoot is moving to T3 CGK starting from 14 March 2018 (from Scoot website)
no official news from AP2 lol. typical Indonesians
Old Mar 13, 2018, 5:07 pm

I am booked to arrive at CGK from Taipei on EVA (Terminal 2) in September, with 2 3/4 hour layover until a flight to LOP on Garuda (Terminal 3). Is this a long enough layover for immigration and VOA? And any word on if international arrivals are still on track to shift to T3? Surely that would make my life easier.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More
That should be enough time.

If you are a citizen of a country in the list in below link. You don't even need a VOA.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Indonesia#Visa_exemption

By May all international flights should leave/depart from terminal 3 but keep in mind that projects like these often get postponed in Indonesia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.