Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide to MNL / Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport [Merged thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2024, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by Davvidd
Thats very interesting. Was it a UA staff or a TG staff?
TG
Davvidd likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 7:39 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Plane was held about 30 minutes or so on the taxiway upon landing due to taxiway and gate congestion. Upon disembarking, there were about 15 wheelchair handlers in the jet bridge all saying Hello and Good Morning to everyone - lovely! Immigration wait for foreigners was about 10 minutes or so - they did ask if eTravel was completed but didn’t scan my code. Customs is either a paper form from the plane or the online code from a form linked in eTravel (the customs officer did scan my QR code with his phone). Grab pickup was directly at the T3 Arrivals curb with no wait - 9 USD to Sheraton Manila Bay with Skyway tolls and 3% foreign transaction fee added by Grab.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 11:03 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Plane was held about 30 minutes or so on the taxiway upon landing due to taxiway and gate congestion. Upon disembarking, there were about 15 wheelchair handlers in the jet bridge all saying Hello and Good Morning to everyone - lovely! Immigration wait for foreigners was about 10 minutes or so - they did ask if eTravel was completed but didn’t scan my code. Customs is either a paper form from the plane or the online code from a form linked in eTravel (the customs officer did scan my QR code with his phone). Grab pickup was directly at the T3 Arrivals curb with no wait - 9 USD to Sheraton Manila Bay with Skyway tolls and 3% foreign transaction fee added by Grab.
Do you mean that you paid by credit card for Grab? A 10 minute wait for Immigration is a lot more than normal times for arrival. It is the departure that gets congested.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 4:59 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Do you mean that you paid by credit card for Grab? A 10 minute wait for Immigration is a lot more than normal times for arrival. It is the departure that gets congested.
Yes, US-issued Visa credit card on Grab - I had read that Grab started charging for foreign cards, so I wasn't surprised. Still worth not having to deal with taxis and cash exchange. Good to know about Departures - my flight to BKK is around Noon, but I'll be staying the last night at the Sheraton close by.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Davvidd (Post # 1008)
A 10 minute wait for Immigration is a lot more than normal times for arrival. It is the departure that gets congested. [Emphasis added.]
During five arrivals in the past two years, my wife and I have averaged 20 to 30 minutes waiting.

It depends on how fast you can deplane and "race" other passengers to Immigration. If one walks slowly or has to stop and use the CR ("comfort room", what restrooms are called in the Philippines), one's wait will likely be on the longer side.

Obviously, it also depends on time of day, which affects arrival volume and Immigration staffing. Our arrivals were around 10:00 p.m.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 9:41 pm

I have gone to the Philippines more than 5 times in 2023 and around the same time too in 2022. Never had to wait for anything time. yes the CR business is going to delay things of course.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Would I be able to walk from the Hilton to Terminal 3 with luggage?

If not, is there a shuttle?
Old Apr 8, 2024, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Yes, the Hilton Manila to MNL T3 is walkable, depending on weather and amount of luggage.

See Hilton Manila {PHL} (Post # 30-32) (FlyerTalk Hilton Forum)
boat stuck likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 7:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
I'm thinking of booking a CX flight arriving MNL at 16:30 to "connect" with an EY flight to AUH, departing MNL at 19:10. Both flights are using Terminal 3. Separate tickets.

The CX flight seems to have a good on time record, and my feeling from previous transits at MNL is that this should be doable (barring major delays, etc). I'll be HLO, so no checked bags.

As I'm not up to date with any recent developments at NAIA T3 I'm interested to hear if anyone thinks that this is likely to be a problem.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by Grace B
I'm thinking of booking a CX flight arriving MNL at 16:30 to "connect" with an EY flight to AUH, departing MNL at 19:10. Both flights are using Terminal 3. Separate tickets.

The CX flight seems to have a good on time record, and my feeling from previous transits at MNL is that this should be doable (barring major delays, etc). I'll be HLO, so no checked bags.

As I'm not up to date with any recent developments at NAIA T3 I'm interested to hear if anyone thinks that this is likely to be a problem.
No if the CX arrives in time it should not be an issue. Nothing much happening in MNL right now as far as I know.
Grace B likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 8:54 am

Just had the worst clusterfook experience of my life at Manila
Horrible
Old Apr 16, 2024, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by bloomz
Horrible
What happened?
SPN Lifer and Ijones027 like this.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 2:16 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by bloomz
Horrible
What happened?
It must have been too horrible to recall.

My four trips thru MNL this year have been so hassle-free, I almost forgot I was in Manila. Even the new PAL lounge in T1 was a very pleasant surprise!
Old Apr 22, 2024, 2:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
No if the CX arrives in time it should not be an issue. Nothing much happening in MNL right now as far as I know.
I'm afraid I wimped out over the short connect time at MNL and have booked a CX flight arriving at 11:20 am.

I expect I'll be bored out of my mind at MNL, but will probably have a wander down Newport Blvd and check out the eateries before checking in and visiting the lounge.

Better than missing the flight, and I was concerned about the number of wide-bodies arriving into T3 around the same time as my CX flight. FR24 was a sobering read, and better to be safe than sorry.
SPN Lifer and jeffrocowboy like this.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by OldAsiaHand
It must have been too horrible to recall.

My four trips thru MNL this year have been so hassle-free, I almost forgot I was in Manila. Even the new PAL lounge in T1 was a very pleasant surprise!
I am going there next month and now with huge trepidation as not knowing what is going on that is so horrible?
jeffrocowboy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.