Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post Amtrak Codes Here!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2003, 5:20 pm

just bumping a thread which proved to be very helpful to me...
Old Nov 17, 2003, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold; US Air Silver; Amtrak Select Plus; Starwood Platinum; UA 1K; Aeroflot Bonus
New 20 percent discount code V143 to NYP on Northeast corridor.

http://www.amtrak.com/savings/elgreco.html

In celebration of an exciting new exhibition at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Amtrak is offering a 20% discount for travel to New York from anywhere in the Northeast Corridor to see "El Greco.” The discount is on all unreserved Regional trains and weekend Acela Express and Metroliners Oct. 7, 2003 through Jan 11, 2004.

This once-in-a-lifetime, international exhibition brings together some 70 works by the incomparable 16th-century artist Domenikos Theotokopoulos, known to posterity as El Greco. The show spans the whole of of his remarkable career, from his origins as a painter of icons in his native Crete to his work in Venice and Rome and his definitive move to Toledo, Spain.

Highlights of El Greco’s work – a revolutionary style marked by expressive distortions and vivid color -- include his depiction of saints with highly elongated figures, his large-scale, dramatically lighted altarpieces, an extraordinary selection of his psychologically intense portraits, and his rare excursions into mythological themes. For more information on the exhibition and its sponsors, please visit the Museum’s website.

Plus, save 10% off purchases of $50 or more in all New York City locations of the Metropolitan Museum store when you present your Amtrak ticket within five days of traveling. Offer valid from October 7, 2003 through January 11, 2004.

Book online now to see these great works of art and save 20% on travel to New York City.

The El Greco exhibition is funded by the Iris and B. Gerald Cantor Foundation incelebration of its 25th Anniversary. The exhibition has been organized by The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, and the National Gallery, London. An indemnity has been granted by the Federal Council on the Arts and the Humanities.

Book online now to see these great works of art
and save 20% on travel to New York City.
Use promotion code V143.

Terms and Conditions:

Valid for travel Oct 7, 2003-Jan 11, 2004. Blackout dates are Nov 25-Dec 2, Dec 19-31, 2003, Jan. 1-4, 2004. Valid for a 20% discount off the best available fare on unreserved Regional trains everyday, and weekend Acela Express and Metroliners. Valid for travel to New York City from Northeast corridor stations (Boston –Virginia Beach, VA, Harrisburg – New York City, and Albany – New York City). Other restrictions may apply.

The Museum Store discount may not be combined with any other offer or discount. Not valid on purchase of Gift Certificates, Museum Membership, consignment or sale merchandise, or on prior purchases. Not valid on mail or online orders. One-time use only.

[This message has been edited by nyventurecapital (edited Nov 17, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by nyventurecapital (edited Nov 17, 2003).]
Old Nov 19, 2003, 6:39 am
21A

Updated with V143 - thanks much, nyventurecapital! Also, appears H317 (second passenger rides 50% off) and H258 (Capitol Corridor weekends kids free) have been extended. Interesting note about V143: though they say it is only valid to/from NYP, it appears to work with any NEC station pair I try it on. As always YMMV.
Old Dec 4, 2003, 11:47 am

does anyone have any new amtrak codes? i tried all the ones listed here and can't get any to work.

also, if anyone has any old ticket numbers so that i may try for the studentadvantage signup??

thanks in advance!!
Old Dec 4, 2003, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hulagirl_t:
does anyone have any new amtrak codes? i tried all the ones listed here and can't get any to work.

also, if anyone has any old ticket numbers so that i may try for the studentadvantage signup??

thanks in advance!!
</font>
I don't have an extra Amtrak ticket number unfortunately. In terms of the rates, were you trying to do them on blackout dates? Depending on your dates, some of the rates may not be valid (blackout dates & the fact that its getting to be near the end of the year). Also, I think a lot of these are for the Mid-Atlantic DC/New England corridor, so some may not work if you're not travelling on these routes.
Old Dec 5, 2003, 5:43 pm

i'm trying to go from omaha to denver round trip from about the 19th til the 4th (semi-flexible dates)

it's lookin pretty steep, but i really don't wanna drive it again (done it twice in the last 2 months already!)

anyone out there have any old ticket stubs/numbers???
Old Dec 5, 2003, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">anyone out there have any old ticket stubs/numbers???[/B]</font>
hulagirl_t,

I forgot to say it earlier, but Welcome to Flyertalk.

As a new person, people may be a little less willing to help you out by giving you old ticket numbers (especially since you have not provided an e-mail address or even where you are from).

I don't have a ticket number that I can give you, but I can tell you (and anyone else out there that's reading this post, because I'm sure there are quite a few that are lurking and not posting) that the Amtrak Tickets have 13 digits. The Student Advantage & Amtrak reservations systems are not linked. The Student Advantage system requires that 13 numbers be entered in the field. I recommend trying a random combinaton of 13 digits and seeing if it works.

When I went to the Student Advantage Enrollment Page and attempted to use a random sequence of 13 digits, it worked just fine sevral times.

Again, Welcome to Flyertalk & you're welcome.

Old Dec 6, 2003, 12:30 am

thanks alot for the advice! i'll definitely try that out!

and yes, i can totally understand what you mean about people being skeptical of newbies like me... i guess that's what you get when you lurk for a long time, but never post!! anyways, thanks again!
Old Dec 6, 2003, 12:49 am

finally! i was starting to get a little worried there... i put in about 20 different # combos and couldn't get it to work! seems the ticket numbers start with 1 i guess!

thanks again!!!
Old Dec 8, 2003, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I think the majority start with a 0 or a 1, for anyone else that tries.
Old Dec 8, 2003, 3:11 pm

dang it!!! this info got leaked onto a freebie board and because they got swamped with signups, they cancelled all the new accounts!! unfortunately, my signup was also within the past 72 hours! &gt;(

Here's their letter:

Deal Seekers:

As of Monday, December 8, the FREE Student Advantage Card through the Amtrak
In-station program has been rectified. Additionally, any new Amtrak/Student
Advantage Cardholders enrolled in the last 72 hours has been held and will
not be issued until adequately verified with ticket stubs and proof of
purchase.

We at Student Advantage appreciate the struggles of being a poor college
student. Hence the reason we offer such a savings program. For that
reason, we are offering our Card to the members of FatWallet.com and their
friends a limited time offer. Get your Student Advantage card for 25% off
the regular price or $15.00 for a one-year plus $2.50 shipping and handling
by clicking on:

https://www.studentadvantage.com/enr...Code=FATWALLET

This is a limited time offer and must be redeemed by Thursday, December 18.
After which, this offer will be turned off.

To answer Simple's post: &lt;promotions because of this.&gt;&gt; You keep us in business by buying our Cards,
and we will keep making new deals for you all. We're signing new partners
all the time for you. Also, shameless promotion, check out our Holiday
Store for savings on holiday gifts with our
partners and Student Advantage.

For those new Cardholders in the Boston area, a special deal to boot! Stop
by our offices at 280 Summer Street and we will give you a free sa.com cup
and extra coupon book. Just show your Card to the Front Desk receptionist,
Monday - Friday, 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM.

Best of luck on your finals and keep on deal seeking!

Adam
Director of Marketing and Partnership Development

Old Dec 9, 2003, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I guess there are a lot of lurkers here and I guess this is an example of information that shouldn't have been posted.
Old Dec 31, 2003, 10:22 pm

H350 is a 20% discount off the best available adult or senior fare, usable for travel to San Francisco. Blackouts apply 2/13 to 2/16 and 4/8 to 4/12, but discount is otherwise available for use through May 27, 2004. Valid on corridor and long distance trains (coach travel) serving Bay Area.

But, this discount is not bookable on line and must be booked via the 800 number. It appears in the CSAA "Via" magazine (Nor. Cal. AAA affiliate). A coupon may be needed that appears in the advertsing near the front promoting San Francisco.
Old Jan 6, 2004, 9:01 pm

Does anyone know of any current, valid Amtrak promotional codes for California?
Old Jan 18, 2004, 3:16 pm

Just found a new code (V822) for 20% off on the NE Corridor, good through 12/16/04:

http://www.amtrak.com/savings/peabodyessex.html

And the deets:

The Peabody Essex Museum brings art and culture to life in its newly transformed galleries. Now doubled in size, the new museum, located in Salem, MA features an unrivaled spectrum of New England decorative art, architecture and maritime art, and outstanding Asian, Asian Export, Native American, African and Oceanic photography collections. In addition, the museum hosts world-wide traveling exhibitions throughout the year.

Save 20% off the best available fare on Amtrak when traveling to Boston between January 5, 2004 - December 16, 2004 to visit the Peabody Essex Museum. Request discount code V822 when you book online at www.amtrak.com or call 1-800-USA-RAIL. This discount is valid for travel in the Northeast Corridor on unreserved Regional Trains only. Travel on reserved Regional Trains, Acela Express and Metroliners is prohibited. Other restrictions may apply.

As hinted above, it worked perfectly for NYP-WAS.

[This message has been edited by elvislives (edited Jan 18, 2004).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.