Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post Amtrak Codes Here!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2005, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, Priority Club Plat AMB.,HHonors Gold,Amex
Originally Posted by mmk
I've been watching the weekly Specials for train 5 & 6. (California Zephyr) This train is not showing. (I've bought tickets before 70% off)

Anyone know how Amtrak decides which route will be on sale and when? Traveling end of July, Grand Junction to Omaha. Trying to decide if I should just buy now, or wait it out.
mmk
From my observations and miss outs, buy the weekly special as soon as you see it. I saw a great deal early one morning, decided to wait until I talked with the Mrs. that evening, checked again and the whole page changed---same day...
Old Aug 7, 2005, 1:52 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lifetime United Gold and 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Marriott and SPG Platinum , AA, Hilton
Talking Concise List

Is there any way that someone can keep a consice list if codes, with a couple of work description, in an easy to locate spot, like at the beginning, that can continuously be added to? IT would make going thru this list a whole lot easier. Apologies if it already exists but I would like to know where.
Old Aug 7, 2005, 9:58 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Originally Posted by TheMan
Is there any way that someone can keep a consice list if codes, with a couple of work description, in an easy to locate spot, like at the beginning, that can continuously be added to? IT would make going thru this list a whole lot easier. Apologies if it already exists but I would like to know where.

The very first page of this thread has exactly what you are asking for.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 9:40 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lifetime United Gold and 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Marriott and SPG Platinum , AA, Hilton
Entertainment Club

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Way to be more descriptive! Thanks for going through all that - I'm sure this will be a great resource.

FYI - for the "Coupon Required" ones, such as the Ent. Book 10% off, you don't really have to present your coupon if you are ticketing at a major station that has electronic ticketing. At WAS, you can reserve it online or even over the telephone & go to the self-ticket machines & swipe your credit card & the ticket pops out.

What is the entertainmen club discount coupon.
Old Aug 8, 2005, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by szrc
For those who want to buy tickets without going to a station, I'm still having luck on the phone. Tell JULIE you want to speak with an agent (say "agent"), and tell the agent that JULIE misrecognized your promo code (this did actually happen to me once). The agent should be able to book V626 for you without problems. If you complain that the code isn't working online, he or she is more likely to look up the details and tell you that it's Rhode Island only.

And, of course, if at first you don't succeed...
just worked for me. the first agent took the code and quoted me the discounted price but put me on hold to do some digging on the code (she asked me where i got the code...she was very inquisitive).

hung up whilst on hold.

the second agent took the code and sold me the discounted NYC-BOS ticket easily.
Old Aug 9, 2005, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

This is a message for those of you who subscribe to this thread - ByeByeDelta, the wonderful moderator of the AGR forum, has started a new & more regularly updated thread. Please check out the AGR forum & change your bookmarks to the new thread, which is now stickied on the top of this forum.

Thanks!
Old Aug 9, 2005, 8:23 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Thank you Bhatnasx for having maintained the list for these past many months. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.