Wiki Posts
Search

Post Amtrak Codes Here!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2004, 11:03 am

Programs: UA, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Platinum
H426

Originally Posted by dirkoneill
I just used H426 on an unreserved train from New York to Balitmore. H422 would not work however. I thought those codes were done but i guess that was because last weekend was labour day weekend. Glad to see that one still works.
Hmm I wonder when these codes will end. I was able to use this code for an Acela/unreserved trip to Philly last week, but I booked the ticket right before Labor Day.

Thanks, bhatnasx for keeping the codes updated!
Old Sep 13, 2004, 9:53 pm

nevermind... discount already posted

Last edited by BackOfTheBus; Sep 13, 2004 at 9:56 pm
Old Sep 13, 2004, 10:22 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Originally Posted by valree
Hmm I wonder when these codes will end. I was able to use this code for an Acela/unreserved trip to Philly last week, but I booked the ticket right before Labor Day.
I'm told that 426 will end at the end of this month and 422 is already history.

Just as an FYI, I've also learned that those codes were originally intended for Guest Rewards members who hadn't taken an Amtrak trip in at least a year. This was supposed to encourage them to try Amtrak again.

Of course Amtrak failed to secure those codes and enforce the proper use of said codes, which of course benefited me and I suspect many others.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by valree

Thanks, bhatnasx for keeping the codes updated!
Funny you mention that -- I just came back from a weekend trip to Philly using H426 too, on coach unreserved one way and Acela the other as well -- I wonder if we ran into each other

Thanks bhatnasx and everyone else who contributed! ^
Old Sep 14, 2004, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

You all are welcome - keep posting new codes & I'll keep updating!
Old Sep 17, 2004, 11:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM
10% discount

Oops. Guess I missed it when I went back a page to see if H431 had already been posted...

Last edited by ByeByeDelta; Sep 18, 2004 at 12:58 pm Reason: Promotion already posted
Old Sep 18, 2004, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

H431 - posted

Thanks, ByeByeDelta - ReindeerFlame had already posted that - thanks though!
Old Sep 21, 2004, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Thanks, ByeByeDelta - ReindeerFlame had already posted that - thanks though!
I used the 25% discount code from this thread recently on a trip to portland and it worked like a charm.. there was no mention of the discount when i checked in and there were no problems..
Old Sep 22, 2004, 5:20 pm

Programs: Amtrak, Starwood, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by juice
I used the 25% discount code from this thread recently on a trip to portland and it worked like a charm.. there was no mention of the discount when i checked in and there were no problems..
Ditto on a trip from Vancouver, BC to Seattle, no problems at all using the tickets I bought with H426.
Old Sep 22, 2004, 9:16 pm

Programs: SPG Plat and that is that!
Upcoming Travel Question - Comparing Codes

Hi Everyone -

So my situation is this; will be taking an Unreserved Regional R/T from BWI to NYP. Base fare is $164 each - there are 2 of us.

Using the V721 I get 20% off and down to $131.20 ($262.40 total).

My questions are this:

1. Starting 9/26 I read that the website will give 10% off all fares plus double AGR. Can anyone confirm that this 10% would be stackable with the V721 code - netting me more savings if I wait to book until Sunday?

2. My best option for sure seems to be acquiring one of the Companion Passes - that would make the total $164 for both of us. I don't quite have the required 100 postings to make it onto Coupon Connection; does anyone know of any of these passes available for trade? This is a sad end-around attempt but worth a shot.

3. What bothers me is this; I was UNAWARE of the SPG to Amtrak conversion. I *did* the Continental to Amtrak conversion once upon a time and then moved them to airline miles to take a flight on a different airline. I have boatloads of SPG points but am told it could take up to 3 weeks (and really I'd be better served to move to Continental and then to AGR) and since this is a last minute trip so it won't work out. Does anyone know the rules about booking reward trips (each of these trips is 5000 AGR so a total of 10000 needed) - could one of my friends book with existing AGR and then I book for them later when they need it (i.e. make the transfer - or could I just transfer directly into another AGR account?)

Anyways - thanks for all of the help!!!
Old Sep 22, 2004, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

1) I doubt it - but you can wait til Sunday to book - Amtrak's fares aren't really as revenue/load oriented as airlines. The price will most likely be the same if you book on Sunday or lower with the 10% - but most likely, not any higher.

2) I've never used a companion pass & know nothing about them - not a lot of AGR points/certs go through the CC.

3) You can have someonesle book your ticket the way you describe it above.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 6:08 pm

Hey y'all!
This is my 1st time on this board and I need some help. I need to get out of Norfolk VA to Boston MA via Amtrak by the end of the week. I just read all the above codes but, me being the dunce that I am, which one would I use for a discount? Thanks for any help and sorry for asking a lame question
Kim
Old Sep 27, 2004, 9:52 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Originally Posted by kimcinvb
Hey y'all!
This is my 1st time on this board and I need some help. I need to get out of Norfolk VA to Boston MA via Amtrak by the end of the week. I just read all the above codes but, me being the dunce that I am, which one would I use for a discount? Thanks for any help and sorry for asking a lame question
Kim
Kim,

Well if you leave on or before Thursday the 30th, then I would use the H426 code, as a one way far from Norfolk to Boston would be $72.75.

If you plan to travel after the 30th, then the best deal looks like H431, which will get you a price of $87.30. If you have a AAA card, then you can combine that discount with the H431 code for a one way ticket price of $78.57. Please note that H431 requires that you buy you tickets at least 3 days before departure.

Hope this helps.
Old Sep 28, 2004, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Gold, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Silver
Talking V148

As a matter of fact, V148 seems to work on the Maple Leaf(#7097/64 & 63/7098, TWO-NYP). I managed to get a slightly reduced fare from TWO to NFL with this code. Originally, for this trip (Business class from TWO-CBN, and Reserved Coach from CBN-NFL) it was piriced at $31.00. V148 bumped it down to $26.40.
Old Sep 28, 2004, 1:58 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Gold, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Silver
Go with the H426

The H426 is definately the best there is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.