Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2014, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
As of June 2014 Membership Rewards (USA) has implemented software which prevents linking of airline and hotel accounts for anyone who is not a cardholder on the American Express account. Please click HERE to read the new thread.

----------------------------------------

So far transfers from Membership Rewards USA to another's FFP have only been refused for:

Emirates

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21742291-post18.html

Transfer rules for American Express accounts issued in other countries are more restrictive.
Print Wikipost

Transfer MR into someone else's FF account?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2013, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Can you transfer Amex Point(Gold Rewards card) to another persons account? USA account. IE have have points and need to put 20k into a friends Cathay account Via Asia miles. I dont need to redeem for an award, he is just short and I want to gift them.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, TK*G, UA*G
Hey everyone,
I would like to Transfer German Amex Points to a Friends SQ Krisflyer Account. The Name seems to appear Hard coded to my name, any chance that this is going through if the name entered and the Name of the SQ Account dont match?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Quick caution: Don't transfer into ANA from multiple MR accounts in the same day... it will be automatically rejected. They only accept one MR transfer per day per account.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:14 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Transfer MR points to family member?

Me and Mrs nwflyboy will be traveling to Australia in September. We've already got out long-haul international flights booked, but are now looking to book a couple of domestic Australian flights.

We're currently looking at using Delta miles to fly on Virgin Australia. I like this option as it will allow us to burn some leftover Delta miles, and the way I figure it Delta miles could easily become even less valuable soon enough (and if not, it's easy enough to replace them).

I've got enough Delta miles to do this (1 ticket for myself), but Mrs is short, so we need to move some miles into her Delta account.

She has SPG points she can transfer to Delta. But I'm wondering if transferring some MR points might be a better option (for us, it's easier to collect MR points than it is SPG points).

She does not have any MR points - none. I do.

My question...

Are there transfer options that would allow me to move some MR points from my Amex MR account into her Delta account? IOW, is it allowable to transfer MR points to a family member's airline program account? If not, could I transfer MR points from my MR account to her MR account (we would have to open one for her), so she could then transfer those same points into her Delta account?

Or am just I crazy to use MR points for this at all, and I should just tell her to use her SPG points?

Thanks for the advice that I'm sure will be coming...
Old Jan 29, 2013, 2:12 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Search is your friend

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...r-account.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...f-account.html
Old Jan 29, 2013, 7:53 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Indeed, Search is our friend. Alas, picking the correct search term, not so much. I had searched on "family" and came up with bupkis.

Thanks for the linky.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 8:06 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

nwflyboy's thread has been appended to one of those identified by luv2ctheworld. This should increase the probability that a future search will deliver the desired results.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: AA Life PLT 3MM/ NZ Gold
If one transfers miles to an airline account does it need to be the card holder

Need to transfer miles to a friend to allow the booking of a Hawaian air ticket . Does the transfer to an account need to be in the name of the amex account holder.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 4:09 pm
mia

Originally Posted by bnw2005
Does the transfer to an account need to be in the name of the amex account holder.
Officially, yes. In practice, no. Review the information in this thread to understand how to proceed. Everything can be done online with no human interaction.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 10:46 am

Can American Express points be transfered to another person's ANA airline account?

I am just wondering If My Dad's American Express points can be transferred into my mom's ANA airline account? thanks
Old Mar 5, 2013, 10:50 am

Programs: DL Diamond
Yes, but don't transfer from multiple MR accounts to the same ANA account on the same day. They'll accept the first and reject all subsequent transfers leaving the points in limbo for a few days. One MR account and one transfer per day and you're fine.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by DC777Fan
Yes, but don't transfer from multiple MR accounts to the same ANA account on the same day. They'll accept the first and reject all subsequent transfers leaving the points in limbo for a few days. One MR account and one transfer per day and you're fine.
Thanks
Old Mar 6, 2013, 12:01 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Just confirming, transferred MR points to a Krisflyer (Singapore Air) account where the FF account name was not listed on the Amex account. No problem. Did the same thing a few weeks ago with Aeroplan.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by redtop43
Just confirming, transferred MR points to a Krisflyer (Singapore Air) account where the FF account name was not listed on the Amex account. No problem. Did the same thing a few weeks ago with Aeroplan.
Really? Canadian Amex? Anyone had success doing this with BA?
Old Mar 6, 2013, 1:09 pm
mia

Originally Posted by pokee
Canadian Amex?
Almost certainly a USA-issued American Express account. SQ is not a transfer partner in the Canadian version of Membership Rewards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.