Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2014, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
As of June 2014 Membership Rewards (USA) has implemented software which prevents linking of airline and hotel accounts for anyone who is not a cardholder on the American Express account. Please click HERE to read the new thread.

----------------------------------------

So far transfers from Membership Rewards USA to another's FFP have only been refused for:

Emirates

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21742291-post18.html

Transfer rules for American Express accounts issued in other countries are more restrictive.
Print Wikipost

Transfer MR into someone else's FF account?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2014, 8:17 am

Has anyone transferred their MR points to someone else's Hawaiian Airlines account ? I would like to do this to top off some family members' accounts. We all have the same last name.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 7:17 pm

Quick Qtn -

I have an MR a/c with my mother-in-law as an AU.
My wife has another MR with her mother as an AU.

I was able to transfer pts from my wife's MR to her mother's Skywards with no hitch. It was instantaneous.

When I tried to top-up my mother-in-law's Skywards account with my MR, it keeps getting cancelled.

Things I have done, in order -
Got my mother-in-law as an AU on both cards >> Linked her Skywards to my wife's MR >> Transferred points >> De-linked the Skywards a/c from my wife's MR >> Linked my MR with my mother-in-law's Skywards >> Transferred >> Keeps getting cancelled.

Amex says they can't do anything as Emirates system return the transfer saying the account is not active. Emirates is not very helpful - they say their systems are working fine. Anyone else having the same problem?

Have no idea what to do next - apart from using SPG as a medium @ a heartbreaking 1:3 ratio to transfer points

thanks in advance
Old Mar 9, 2014, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
If you wife and MIL have the same last name then I wonder if that has something to do with transfers to EK. Amex - EK seems to be only one with problems.

BTW welcome to FT.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 8:24 am

Any issues transferring Amex MR to Air France/Flying Blue between 2 different people?

Anyone know if there are any issues if a friend of mine transfers their Amex MR points to my Air France / Flying Blue account?
Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:04 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by drdavidge
Anyone know if there are any issues if a friend of mine transfers their Amex MR points to my Air France / Flying Blue account?
You will be fine.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by drdavidge
Originally Posted by gv111
You will be fine.
Thanks. I did it today and it was no problem.
Old May 2, 2014, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Is there some restriction on transfers to others accounts?

Saw this post on spousal transfers:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22798982-post20.html
Old May 2, 2014, 3:36 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by UA Fan
spousal transfers:
The reference is probably to transfers from one Membership Rewards account to another Membership Rewards account. This was never a published benefit, but customer service would do it on an exception basis. Then, some people requested recurring "exceptions", and it ended.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:03 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

The information in this thread is now obsolete. See this new thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...otel-acct.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.