Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014; Expanded 31 December 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2022, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Click HERE to read discussion from 2013 - 2021.

FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, concourses C, D, E, F, and G are all connected airside to the Centurion lounge. From boarding areas A or B you would have to clear security twice. For the most up-to-date info, see Connecting in SFO thread in the FlyerTalk San Francisco forum.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: Centurion Lounges no longer offer access on arrival.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014; Expanded 31 December 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Phreal
Stopped by here on the 20th around 9:30AM, no lines as well but it was packed inside with no seats available. Grabbed 2 bananas and what I thought were 2 apples but ended up being nectarines and left. I love nectarines so I count that as a win.
You could have just had breakfast while standing up. I actually like their brekkie the last time I was there.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Friend was told by two staffers that the expansion will be open by November! If that solves the waitlist nonsense then maybe I would reconsider keeping the Plat card. We will see how it fares during the holiday madness.
kirkwoodj and mildfrequence like this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boraxo
friend was told by two staffers that the expansion will be open by november! If that solves the waitlist nonsense then maybe i would reconsider keeping the plat card. we will see how it fares during the holiday madness.
🤣🤣😂
Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Friend was told by two staffers that the expansion will be open by November! If that solves the waitlist nonsense then maybe I would reconsider keeping the Plat card. We will see how it fares during the holiday madness.
Estimated opening date: Late 2022

This San Francisco lounge is one of the most popular in the network. Before the pandemic, it was often subject to overcrowding. Fortunately, Amex confirmed a much-needed expansion is coming soon, boosting the footprint to nearly 16,000 square feet. The expansion will introduce a new seasonal menu from chef Ravi Kapur, as well as a second bar and cafe area, additional restrooms, phone rooms and private workspaces.

Hat tip :TPG
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Estimated opening date: Late 2022

This San Francisco lounge is one of the most popular in the network. Before the pandemic, it was often subject to overcrowding. Fortunately, Amex confirmed a much-needed expansion is coming soon, boosting the footprint to nearly 16,000 square feet. The expansion will introduce a new seasonal menu from chef Ravi Kapur, as well as a second bar and cafe area, additional restrooms, phone rooms and private workspaces.

Hat tip :TPG
I don't see the opening date in the source.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by lsquare
I don't see the opening date in the source.
A few weeks ago one of the bartenders told me closing after Labor Day, opening before Thanksgiving. Gutting the kitchen and expanding that direction. The extra room will be welcome but I've no faith this work will be completed within the intended timeline.

Meanwhile the current stated hours (being open to 9PM) do not appear to be correct: https://www.thecenturionlounge.com/locations/sfo/ . I went by a few days ago at 7:15 and they were shut down for the night.
Boraxo, Statman, lsquare and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dsquared37
A few weeks ago one of the bartenders told me closing after Labor Day, opening before Thanksgiving. Gutting the kitchen and expanding that direction. The extra room will be welcome but I've no faith this work will be completed within the intended timeline.

Meanwhile the current stated hours (being open to 9PM) do not appear to be correct: https://www.thecenturionlounge.com/locations/sfo/ . I went by a few days ago at 7:15 and they were shut down for the night.
I'll be back at SFO in late August. I'll let the front desk know about the error on their website if no one else informs them by then.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsquare
I'll be back at SFO in late August. I'll let the front desk know about the error on their website if no one else informs them by then.
I have already spoken with Amex, they don't seem to care about the error nor that their bad information resulted in my inconvenience.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 7:57 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Could be that the hours have changed, but more likely that lounge closed early on that night due to a problem. Would be helpful if they had posted an apologetic sign.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have already spoken with Amex, they don't seem to care about the error nor that their bad information resulted in my inconvenience.
Amazing customer service!
dsquared37 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
Could be that the hours have changed, but more likely that lounge closed early on that night due to a problem. Would be helpful if they had posted an apologetic sign.
When I called for clarification after arriving at a locked club that was the excuse the agent made - emergency closure. When I followed up yesterday, dissatisfied with Tuesday's interaction, the phone agent gave me the open times she was seeing which varied from a 7pm closing T-F to 530 and even 330 closing on Sunday.

Meanwhile the website still lists a static 6am-9pm club opening irrespective of day of week.
SPN Lifer, lsquare and jona970318 like this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 2:47 pm

When I called for clarification after arriving at a locked club that was the excuse the agent made - emergency closure. When I followed up yesterday, dissatisfied with Tuesday's interaction, the phone agent gave me the open times she was seeing which varied from a 7pm closing T-F to 530 and even 330 closing on Sunday.

Meanwhile the website still lists a static 6am-9pm club opening irrespective of day of week.

This is what brought me here... the website says 6a-9pm, the app says shorter hours, depending on the day.
I have an 11pm-ish flight on United- was really hoping to actually utilize this benefit (that I haven't been able to use in a few years... the Amex Plat limited restaurant based options in my home airport were cancelled a few years ago, I haven't been traveling that much since COVID, and even on our ORD-FCO then return flight I could not find any open Centurion or Priority Pass options...

I am going to have to get to the airport several hours early (probably 5 pm or so) for this 11pm flight, is there another option I can use with Amex Plat?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 3:40 pm
mia

Originally Posted by YIFP
I am going to have to get to the airport several hours early (probably 5 pm or so) for this 11pm flight, is there another option I can use with Amex Plat?
You can try the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse : https://www.plazapremiumlounge.com/e...-premium-group

Discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...centurion.html
dsquared37 and Flying Machine like this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Thank you! It looks as if from my reading it may close too early...

If I am flying first class and have an American Express Platinum, can I just go to the United Club?
This is really too complicated!
Old Jul 31, 2022, 4:29 pm
mia

Originally Posted by YIFP
,,,,it may close too early...
The Virgin Atlantic lounge is operated by Plaza Premium. Their site shows that the lounge is open until 10:00pm. Your flight is at 11:00pm?

United Clubs do not accept American Express cards for entry. However, if you have not yet used your 2022 $200 Airline Fee Reimbursement benefit, you can use the Platinum Card to buy a single visit pass to the United Club, and American Express will reimburse the transaction.
SPN Lifer, Boraxo, lsquare and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.