Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014; Expanded 31 December 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2022, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Click HERE to read discussion from 2013 - 2021.

FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, concourses C, D, E, F, and G are all connected airside to the Centurion lounge. From boarding areas A or B you would have to clear security twice. For the most up-to-date info, see Connecting in SFO thread in the FlyerTalk San Francisco forum.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: Centurion Lounges no longer offer access on arrival.

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014; Expanded 31 December 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2022, 10:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by dhuey
Why is there a line of any significance for grab-n-go? Shouldn't it take like 20 seconds per person?
It takes about that long at the check-in station, IME. Last few times I was there in afternoon, there was no line. Knowing what's being offered, I wouldn't have stopped if there was one.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 10:37 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold (ex-75K), Bonvoy Titanium, Recovering United 1K
Originally Posted by stvr
Stopped today and no grab and go at 5:20 p.m.
Was there on Monday Dec 12 at 10:00am and no grab and go
Old Dec 14, 2022, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by cpworld
Was there on Monday Dec 12 at 10:00am and no grab and go
So were the doors just closed and no one was there?
Old Dec 15, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold (ex-75K), Bonvoy Titanium, Recovering United 1K
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
So were the doors just closed and no one was there?
The doors were closed with signs saying they were closed and we were free to use other lounges in their network. Nobody there.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by cpworld
The doors were closed with signs saying they were closed and we were free to use other lounges in their network. Nobody there.
Thanks for the additional info.

I wonder if they just gave up handing out their grab and go or if they only do that during “meal hours”. Either way, pretty pathetic.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 3:00 pm

Any update if the SFO Centurion Lounge will re-open by late 2022 as announced when Amex closed it in September?
Old Dec 16, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Gold
My wife just reported same thing about 30 minutes ago, pretty poor can only hope it means they are close to actually opening the lounge so needed to pause, but communicate that if so?
mildfrequence and frutabell like this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 1:59 pm

They posted the below message re: temporary closure on their web site a few days ago.

The Centurion® Lounge at San Francisco International Airport is temporarily closed as we prepare to open and expanded and refreshed lounge.
Clipper801 and Flying Machine like this.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
This would explain overcrowding at the UA Term E lounge last week. Barely a solo seat at 8am though the breakfast spread was pretty good.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 8:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Boraxo
This would explain overcrowding at the UA Term E lounge last week. Barely a solo seat at 8am though the breakfast spread was pretty good.
That lounge is almost always crowded, whether CL is open or closed. It's very small with a poor layout.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Sorry, but not getting the correlation between a UC and CL unless it is implied that people have membership to both. Which if the case, given how the CL has been closed for such a long time, why would the uptick in the UC E concourse be overcrowded just now?
Old Dec 18, 2022, 11:24 am

Programs: UA 1K | Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) | National Exec Elite | Global Entry | HH Silver
Sorry, but not getting the correlation between a UC and CL unless it is implied that people have membership to both. Which if the case, given how the CL has been closed for such a long time, why would the uptick in the UC E concourse be overcrowded just now?
Boraxo appears to be correlating the elimination of 'grab-n-go' with more people going to the UA Clubs.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by GMoneyCO
Boraxo appears to be correlating the elimination of 'grab-n-go' with more people going to the UA Clubs.
Got it. Kacee mentioned that UC E concourse is always a mess, so guessing the lack of grab-n-go wouldn’t be a factor.
Old Dec 18, 2022, 7:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Got it. Kacee mentioned that UC E concourse is always a mess, so guessing the lack of grab-n-go wouldn’t be a factor.
Yeah, I have no idea the overlap between Centurion holders and UC members, but E Concourse club is pretty much always a mess. When I had a UC membership, I totally gave up on it . . . if I had an E departure, and didn't feel like schlepping to the Rotunda, I'd just hang out in the terminal.
Old Dec 20, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
On my last flight of the year, I swung by the CL for a grab-and-go and to get my $25 Centurion gift card they have been giving each time. I have 4 so only 196 more gift cards are needed to pay my annual fee, which just hit this month. I still have some time.

They were closed, and there was a sign up saying that there was no electricity. It stands to reason that if they are nearing the end of the remodel, power may be intermittent.

I was hoping they would have a soft opening event and invite the local Centurion folks down for some free food and drink. Not sure how TSA would handle non-ticketed fliers but i see some airports are allowing non-ticket fliers into the gates now just like the old pre-9/11 days. It's probably a pilot program, but it would be interesting to see if it spreads.
Clipper801 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.