Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014; Expanded 31 December 2022]

Old Feb 10, 22, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
Click HERE to read discussion from 2013 - 2021.

FAQ
Q: Where is the lounge?
A: Terminal 3, F concourse, right by Gate F2 (formerly gate 75) and the F-1 security checkpoint (that has PreCheck, sometimes).

Q: Can I visit there if I'm departing from another terminal?
A: Absolutely. Security at SFO will let passengers departing from any concourse at SFO go through security in any concourse, even ones that aren't connected behind security. At the moment, concourses C, D, E, F, and G are all connected airside to the Centurion lounge. From boarding areas A or B you would have to clear security twice. For the most up-to-date info, see Connecting in SFO thread in the FlyerTalk San Francisco forum.

Q: Can I visit if I'm arriving at SFO?
A: Centurion Lounges no longer offer access on arrival.




Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge SFO [Opened 6 November 2014; Expanded 31 December 2022]

Old Aug 12, 22, 1:57 pm
  #136  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Danville, CA, USA;
Programs: UA Plat & 1MM, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold
Posts: 14,703
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
It's actually a three step process most of the time . . . (1) wait in line for CL, (2) eat at CL, (3) relax at Rotunda. I have a hard time getting past (1)
Mine is similar: (1) Check to see if CL has a line (IME about 90% of the time) (2a) If solo, and I have 30+ minutes, go straight to Giants Clubhouse restaurant (2b) If <30 min and/or with Family, go straight to UC. (3) If flight is Terminal E go straight to UC. I'm too old to do waitlists and walk back and forth in the airport.

Originally Posted by hanlong View Post
I like the food at Centurion Lounge but while it is definitely better than the UA Club lounge, the Polaris lounge definitely has better food.
Here's my ranking:
  • United Polaris
  • Giants Clubhouse (PP)
  • Lark Creek (PP)
  • Alaska
  • Delta
  • United
  • Centurion
  • Air France
  • Yankee Pier (PP)
  • British Airways
Have not tried Mustards (PP)
SPN Lifer and mia like this.
Boraxo is offline  
Old Aug 12, 22, 2:24 pm
  #137  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 14,858
Originally Posted by boraxo View Post
mine is similar: (1) check to see if cl has a line (ime about 90% of the time) (2a) if solo, and i have 30+ minutes, go straight to giants clubhouse restaurant (2b) if <30 min and/or with family, go straight to uc. (3) if flight is terminal e go straight to uc. I'm too old to do waitlists and walk back and forth in the airport.



Here's my ranking:
  • united polaris
  • giants clubhouse (pp)
  • lark creek (pp)
  • alaska
  • delta
  • united
  • centurion
  • air france
  • yankee pier (pp)
  • british airways
have not tried mustards (pp)
🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂
lsquare is offline  
Old Aug 13, 22, 4:00 am
  #138  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .56 MM, United & Admirals Clubs, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 13,071
Originally Posted by dhuey (Post # 125) View Post
If you can afford the Amex Plat, you can probably afford exactly the meal you want at a good restaurant in the terminal.
I actually can't afford it.

And my no-annual-fee Hilton AmEx is not accepted widely enough in my part of the country.

But this thread is great for lounge comparisons and restaurant intel at SFO.

Maybe some day a friend might guest me in?
lsquare likes this.
SPN Lifer is online now  
Old Aug 13, 22, 5:53 am
  #139  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 14,858
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer View Post
I actually can't afford it.

And my no-annual-fee Hilton AmEx is not accepted widely enough in my part of the country.

But this thread is great for lounge comparisons and restaurant intel at SFO.

Maybe some day a friend might guest me in?
Why spend money if you can get in for free? I'll be back in SFO in a couple of weeks. I'll be praying the CL won't have a lineup, but if it is, oh well, life goes on, I'll just go to the other places. Thx to status and credit cards, I won't have to spend much to get a decent meal at SFO.
SPN Lifer likes this.
lsquare is offline  
Old Aug 14, 22, 11:45 pm
  #140  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Netherlands
Programs: KL Platinum
Posts: 229
Centurion Lounge Access SFO

Greetings all

Im flying on KLM from SFO and hoping to use the Centurion Lounge with my Plat card. My question is if the lounge is accessible when departing from the international terminal.

Thanks in advance.
Victor88 is offline  
Old Aug 15, 22, 4:49 am
  #141  
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami, Mpls & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Posts: 46,805
Originally Posted by Victor88 View Post
....is if the lounge is accessible when departing from the international terminal.
Read the Wikipost at the top of the thread. For more detail, scroll back to post 21 and read forward.
lsquare likes this.
mia is offline  
Old Aug 15, 22, 9:16 am
  #142  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: NYC
Programs: FB Plat; AS 75K; UA Gold MM; AA ExecPlat; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Amb; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Posts: 5,845
Originally Posted by Victor88 View Post
Greetings all

Im flying on KLM from SFO and hoping to use the Centurion Lounge with my Plat card. My question is if the lounge is accessible when departing from the international terminal.

Thanks in advance.
Yes but you will have to exit security and reclear security.
Buster CT1K is offline  
Old Aug 15, 22, 9:34 am
  #143  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: PHX
Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Ti, LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Posts: 52,722
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K View Post
Yes but you will have to exit security and reclear security.
Right. KLM will depart from A Terminal which is not connected airside to T3. Not sure it's worth it unless you have TSA Pre and a lot of time.
lsquare likes this.
Kacee is offline  
Old Aug 15, 22, 9:56 am
  #144  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Posts: 14,858
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
Right. KLM will depart from A Terminal which is not connected airside to T3. Not sure it's worth it unless you have TSA Pre and a lot of time.
With Clear and TSA-Pre, I would do it. It has saved me a lot of time at SFO.
lsquare is offline  
Old Aug 26, 22, 12:08 am
  #145  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Posts: 3,449
Originally Posted by dsquared37 View Post
When I followed up yesterday, dissatisfied with Tuesday's interaction, the phone agent gave me the open times she was seeing which varied from a 7pm closing T-F to 530 and even 330 closing on Sunday.

Meanwhile the website still lists a static 6am-9pm club opening irrespective of day of week.
Came across this other page that lists shorter opening hours. Still find it hard to believe this place closes at 7 pm (and 5:30 pm on M-T?).

https://global.americanexpress.com/l...tinum-card/SFO

When I passed by last, they had a sign out front that said "Open Daily, 6 am - 7 pm, Limited Hours"
mildfrequence likes this.
econ is offline  
Old Aug 26, 22, 5:36 am
  #146  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,649
Originally Posted by econ View Post
Came across this other page that lists shorter opening hours. Still find it hard to believe this place closes at 7 pm (and 5:30 pm on M-T?).

https://global.americanexpress.com/l...tinum-card/SFO

When I passed by last, they had a sign out front that said "Open Daily, 6 am - 7 pm, Limited Hours"
Amex will improve only if there are enough complaints and subsequently close their Amex Plat accounts.
SPN Lifer and mildfrequence like this.
Mama is offline  
Old Aug 29, 22, 12:24 pm
  #147  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Durham, NC (RDU/GSO/CLT)
Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 33,786
Stopped in yesterday (Sunday) from 9:25 to 9:45 AM. The agent at the front desk warned everyone seating was limited due to crowding and asked us to be patient.



Frankly it looked the same amount of crowded to me as it has on every visit going back to 2016





Breakfast was above average for these days. Oatmeal, scrambled eggs, a fritata, chicken apple sausage, yams and biscuits.
CMK10 is offline  
Old Aug 29, 22, 1:32 pm
  #148  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,649
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
Stopped in yesterday (Sunday) from 9:25 to 9:45 AM. The agent at the front desk warned everyone seating was limited due to crowding and asked us to be patient.



Frankly it looked the same amount of crowded to me as it has on every visit going back to 2016
...
Breakfast was above average for these days. Oatmeal, scrambled eggs, a fritata, chicken apple sausage, yams and biscuits.
How often do you go to SFO Cen lounge? Their food is the same everyday for the last 5 years. It's disgusting. The crowd gobble down the food and drink like they are in a refugee camp. And the workers push the food supply carts through the front entrance, stacking up food supply by the doorway, by the restrooms, by the bar table. Try afternoon, you will be disgusted.
Boraxo likes this.

Last edited by Mama; Aug 29, 22 at 1:40 pm
Mama is offline  
Old Aug 29, 22, 3:23 pm
  #149  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Durham, NC (RDU/GSO/CLT)
Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 33,786
Originally Posted by Mama View Post
How often do you go to SFO Cen lounge? Their food is the same everyday for the last 5 years. It's disgusting. The crowd gobble down the food and drink like they are in a refugee camp. And the workers push the food supply carts through the front entrance, stacking up food supply by the doorway, by the restrooms, by the bar table. Try afternoon, you will be disgusted.
I'm not in the SFO CL much (visited twice last year, this is my first visit this year) but I'm a regular at the CLT CL and often at DFW, PHL, LGA and SEA. Compared to those lounges I considered this food spread to be above average.

As to the rest of your post I think you're being a touch hyperbolic. I've never been "disgusted" by an airline lounge or the people in it.
CMK10 is offline  
Old Aug 29, 22, 6:02 pm
  #150  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,649
Originally Posted by Mama View Post
How often do you go to SFO Cen lounge? Their food is the same everyday for the last 5 years. It's disgusting. The crowd gobble down the food and drink like they are in a refugee camp. And the workers push the food supply carts through the front entrance, stacking up food supply by the doorway, by the restrooms, by the bar table. Try afternoon, you will be disgusted.
food supply = raw food supply.
The workers push boxes of chicken breasts(yes, the infamous chicken breast same style everyday for the past 5 years or more), vegetables, cases of wine, coke...etc through front entrance and share the elevator with you, the guests. They stack up cases of wine and cokes on the floor in hallways and by the bar, because the guests drink faster than the staff can ever restock them to the shelves, so why not just skip the shelves. They sometimes even run out of orange juice or ice. You are witnessing a chaotic, starving crowd there.
And, if you are lucky like me, sitting and eating, and someone stands next to your table watching you till you finish, waiting to grab your table as soon as you stand up. It was rather unpleasant, there is nothing premium about it.
Boraxo likes this.

Last edited by Mama; Aug 29, 22 at 7:52 pm
Mama is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread