FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
The 2020 - 2021 thread is HERE.
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers USA (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2022, 9:05 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
StitchFix has $25 off 50+ on my Amex Offers. I double-dipped with AAdvantage Shopping, which has 500 miles for your first box (which then qualify as AA Loyalty Points.)
Old Jan 17, 2022, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Pretty good deal that you can double dip with the Paramount plus offer. If you used the code Newyear it's only $74.99 for twelve months of the premium plan and I received the $5 am ex redemption email immediately after signing up. The Newyear promo code also gives you 25% off for a 12 month subscription to the basic plan.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 3:06 pm

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this question...

For the Thrive Market offer (spend $100 in one or more transactions, get $20 back) does the site's $9.95 monthly fee count towards that $100?

Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2022, 7:14 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Pretty good deal that you can double dip with the Paramount plus offer. If you used the code Newyear it's only $74.99 for twelve months of the premium plan and I received the $5 am ex redemption email immediately after signing up. The Newyear promo code also gives you 25% off for a 12 month subscription to the basic plan.
But you don't get a monthly rebate. Just one time.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Bonvoy offer.

Get a one-time $200 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $1,000 USD in one or more purchases on room rate and room charges when you pay for your stay at Homes & Villas by Marriott International properties from 1/14/2022 to 4/30/2022. Book at homesandvillasbymarriott.com.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 2:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Do purchases on employee cards trigger Amex offers?

I have a business card. I save an offer. One of my "employees" makes a charge corresponding to that offer. Should that trigger the offer on my card?
Old Jan 20, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
no- each card has it's own offers. Sign in under the employee sign in and you can activate the offer if it is there.
Has been a benefit to me as if you can use an offer might have 3 of them.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by zebranz
no- each card has it's own offers. Sign in under the employee sign in and you can activate the offer if it is there.
You may be right, but isn't there a distinction between an employee card attached to a business card and an authorized user (AU) attached to a personal card? Or maybe business cards can have AUs, too, and that is what you are talking about?

In the event, my employees don't have their cards on their Amex log-in accounts, maybe because they have never confirmed the accounts. Or maybe it is because these employee cards are less independent than AU cards. As an example, I know that when an employee pays their Verizon wireless bill with their employee card, it triggers the $10 monthly discount (benefit) on my card. I had been inferring -- perhaps incorrectly -- that the same thing would happen with offers

Last edited by Biggie Fries; Jan 20, 2022 at 9:03 am Reason: I have been confused.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by zebranz
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
You may be right, but isn't there a distinction between an employee card attached to a business card and an authorized user (AU) attached to a personal card? Or maybe business cards can have AUs, too, and that is what you are talking about?

In the event, my employees don't have their cards on their Amex log-in accounts, maybe because they have never confirmed the accounts. Or maybe it is because these employee cards are less independent than AU cards. As an example, I know that when an employee pays their Verizon wireless bill with their employee card, it triggers the $10 monthly discount (benefit) on my card. I had been inferring -- perhaps incorrectly -- that the same thing would happen with offers.
Okay, I am starting to see (what you know already): that you are right -- thanks for starting to straighten me out. I just went to an Amex site, which starts, "Employee credit cards are authorized user cards ..." So if there is a distinction (my word above), it's a distinction without a difference.

I'm still confused about a thing or two however: When I read various blogs, I keep seeing people pointing out that you don't have to give a social security number when applying for an employee card, and, in fact, you don't -- we've been using some happily without responding to Amex on this point. So I had been thinking that the point of this "advantage" to an employee card is that it allows someone to have one of these cards, at least for a while, without the hassle of it going on their credit report, plus implications for Chase 5/24 counting. (I know that you can Call Chase and ask them not to count your AU cards, but ... you have to call Chase). But now, if we're talking about a Business card, even as an AU (employee card), well that shouldn't show up even if you divulged the social security number. In which case: Why not register these cards? Does the whole thing boil down to the idea that some of the employees are cats, who don't have social security numbers?
Old Jan 21, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
I had an employee in Canada -so no SS# and did get a card. I have enough cards and the offers are not that great to play around but can assume some might want to get a card to never use except for the offers.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
I used an AMEX offer for Norwegian Cruise Line and got a $125 credit and unfortunately the cruise got canceled and the amounts got refunded to my AMEX.

I am wondering how long does it normally take before they claw back that credit they gave me?
Old Jan 23, 2022, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
I used an AMEX offer for Norwegian Cruise Line and got a $125 credit and unfortunately the cruise got canceled and the amounts got refunded to my AMEX.

I am wondering how long does it normally take before they claw back that credit they gave me?
It may never if it's been long enough, I've found it usually doesn't track if it's been a few months after the offer expires. Can't promise the RAT won't come after you years from now but no way to know.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 2:42 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Offers are funded by the merchant, not by American Express. If NCL has linked the offer to your cancelled reservation I would expect them to reverse it.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 8:25 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Offers are funded by the merchant, not by American Express. If NCL has linked the offer to your cancelled reservation I would expect them to reverse it.
I didn’t use the offer to book a cruise reservation but rather prepaid items like shore excursions and spa pass. There is no way NCL would be able to do all that tracking back. They can barely keep up with basic accounting to handle all these cruise refunds for all the sailings they are canceling and those that their passengers are voluntarily canceling.
mia, Happy and jamesteroh like this.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 7:22 am

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by bds123123
It may never if it's been long enough, I've found it usually doesn't track if it's been a few months after the offer expires. Can't promise the RAT won't come after you years from now but no way to know.
Hmmm, doubt you're correct here as if that were the case, people would book DL tickets way out in advance and then cancel after many months have passed to use the promo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.