Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Had Business Platinum previously. Received email offer. Eligible for signup bonus?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Had Business Platinum previously. Received email offer. Eligible for signup bonus?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2022, 2:22 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jediwho
..... Would I get the sign up bonus for the second card?
Do the terms of the offer include this sentence or similar? Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mia
Do the terms of the offer include this sentence or similar? Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility.
Nope it does not. I had a BP eight years ago. Canceled it five or so years ago. Got targeted earlier this year and applied for it and got 150K. Now I am getting this offer again with no such language.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 2:55 pm
mia

Originally Posted by jediwho
.... Now I am getting this offer again with no such language.
If the exclusion is not in the offer terms, it does not apply. Multiple offers for Business Platinum and Gold seem to be common this year.
jediwho likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 10:52 am

Just approved for 2nd biz plat, from the Offers section, with NLL. Do we need to confirm the bonus after we receive the card before we do the spend? I have another Biz Plat open.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by bobby21
Just approved for 2nd biz plat, from the Offers section, with NLL. Do we need to confirm the bonus after we receive the card before we do the spend? I have another Biz Plat open.
I wouldn't do anything. If you didn't get the popup, you're good to go. I've got 5 open, closing one shortly and opening another in December based on a 150k bonus mailer I received. I've gotten 6 Biz Plat bonuses, 4 Biz Gold bonuses all with no issues.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Happy Traveling Consultant
I wouldn't do anything. If you didn't get the popup, you're good to go. I've got 5 open, closing one shortly and opening another in December based on a 150k bonus mailer I received. I've gotten 6 Biz Plat bonuses, 4 Biz Gold bonuses all with no issues.
I'm in a similar position and just got another offer. Why is Amex suddenly so generous? I'm getting nervous of getting under the radar of the RAT team.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I'm in a similar position and just got another offer. Why is Amex suddenly so generous? I'm getting nervous of getting under the radar of the RAT team.
They can report new account openings on their earnings calls...

Not too worried - I spend several hundred thousands annually on their cards. They are making money on me despite my accumulation of MRs.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Happy Traveling Consultant
They can report new account openings on their earnings calls...

Not too worried - I spend several hundred thousands annually on their cards. They are making money on me despite my accumulation of MRs.
I don't spend anywhere near there. I have some rental properties so put some 30-40K of property taxes every Jan on their cards if they have a 0% promo, but since my Pay over Time limit has been decreasing that amount has also decreased. My last card just had 2K.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 11:37 am

Is it a good idea to transfer the MR points out to airlines etc. quickly to avoid Amex suddenly changing their mind about bonus being applicable?
Old Oct 4, 2022, 5:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Is it a good idea to transfer the MR points out to airlines etc. quickly to avoid Amex suddenly changing their mind about bonus being applicable?
No. if the bonus is not applicable they would not put the MR into your account in the first place.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 6:17 pm

Now I'm getting an offer for Blue Biz Plus - 50k MR on 15k spend in 12 months, I already have one BBP. Is that even considered a good offer? No annual fee is tempting.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 6:48 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
I personally call and confirm SUBs for ALL cards from ALL issuers. The day I receive and/or activate the card, I call. Ostensibly to confirm its receipt/activation and learn the first statement billing (closing) date, then “oh by the way please confirm the introductory promotion in terms of amount of charges and number of points/miles and deadline date” (for me and the tape). It’s one more piece of evidence in case a SUB is denied although even that didn’t work for a denied Delta SUB 8-10 years ago. Probably not necessary but it gives me a more warm and fuzzy feeling.

Originally Posted by UA Fan
That’s the million dollar (or million MR) question. There are multiple reports of people with 5-6-7 Biz Plats and 3-4-5 Biz Golds here: AmEx Targeted NLL CC Offers. I too was skeptical/nervous until I got to 3 or 4, as were other people.

Now I'm getting an offer for Blue Biz Plus - 50k MR on 15k spend in 12 months, I already have one BBP. Is that even considered a good offer? No annual fee is tempting.
Yes, it’s a good offer. I got 20,000 MR a few years ago when I timed my application for a “generous” SUB. BBP often has 15,000 - 20,000 on it’s public offer. Think of it as essentially 80,000 (50K SUB + 30K spend at 2x for everything) for no AF.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 10:34 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Amex just started to have the NNL offers for this card. My offer was 30k for $10k - took it and now I have two Blue Plus
Old Oct 31, 2022, 10:26 am
formerly known as s2kdriver80

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Amex MR, Chase UR
Question Can a targeted offer override the Amex once-in-a-lifetime rule ?

So I already have the Amex Business Platinum and was offered a welcome bonus a few years back. I just received mail from them encouraging me to apply for the same card with another welcome offer.

Can targeted offers override their once-in-a-lifetime rule? If not, why would they send out this offer, knowing that I already have this card? This isn't even the case of the right hand not talking to the left. More like the index finger not talking to the thumb, on the same hand.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 1:35 pm
mia

Short: Yes

Long: "Once in a lifetime" is not a policy. If the restriction appears in the terms of a specific offer it applies, but if it does not appear it does not apply. The restrictions appears in all public offers, but targeted offers without the restrictions are common, particularly (now) for Business Platinum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.