Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Had Business Platinum previously. Received email offer. Eligible for signup bonus?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Had Business Platinum previously. Received email offer. Eligible for signup bonus?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2023, 6:04 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by JBG89
Is the minimum waiting period between getting the same card still 3 months? I applied and was approved for my third business platinum in october but got another mailer today with no lifetime language

And is the maximum number of business cards seems to be 5-6 per login?
For me it was 91/92 days but that was a while back.
i had 7 charge and 2 credit cards open for my business at the same time
Max Number of charge cards (business and private) 10 and credit cards 5
friedablass likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 4:37 pm

Multiple "Invite" Offers with SUB for the Card SUB is already Received before

I wasn't sure exactly which thread suits my questions. I didn't want to crowd this forum with another thread so I decided to post them here.
This is not really related to retention....
I have a biz plat card in use since February of 2022. I had another biz plat before for several years until then. I applied for the current one and after it was approved I closed it. I received SUB for both times. I received an invite via email for the current card with a stated SUB. I called Amex and asked if I receive SUB with this card even I got it previously on the other card. The agent I spoke with told me that Amex was celebrating a new card (anything changed at that time???) and offering an opportunity to apply for a new (really? it' the same biz plat...) card and I would receive SUB again. Then it turned out to be true. I cancelled the old card and this current card is the only biz plat i have.
Then I received another invite by email and by physical mail with 150K SUB. What do experts/experienced people think about this offer? I have read somewhere on this forum that some people (may be just a very few) keeps applying for the same card (maybe the biz plat) and keep receiving SUB.
If successful with a new card, I am planning to cancel the other card before AF is due.
My history with Amex is, I had Starwood card a couple of decades ago for a few years and closed. And the initial biz plat I had for several years until Feb 2022 and closed. I currently have a personal Hiton Honor card, a biz plat and a biz blue.
Thank you.

michaelmorio
Old Dec 4, 2023, 5:35 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Originally Posted by michaelmorio
I wasn't sure exactly which thread suits my questions.
I moved your post into a thread discussing targeted offers for previous and current Business Platinum cardholders. If there is not enough information in this thread, try here: AmEx Targeted NLL cards offers
Old Dec 5, 2023, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I moved your post into a thread discussing targeted offers for previous and current Business Platinum cardholders. If there is not enough information in this thread, try here: AmEx Targeted NLL cards offers

Hello Mia,

Thank you.
Michaelmorio
Old Dec 5, 2023, 2:54 pm

I am sorry to shoot another question without waiting for the previous one answered.
I have already put more than &75K on my current biz plat for this year and it should give me an access to Centurion Lounges with 2 guests for the year of 2024.
What happens if I apply for a new biz plat now and cancel the current one when the next AF hits in February next year? Am I allowed to bring 2 guests to the lounge free of charge? Or not until I put 76K on the new card?
I appreciate if I get some response on this.

Thank you.
michaelmorio
Old Dec 5, 2023, 6:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by michaelmorio
I am sorry to shoot another question without waiting for the previous one answered.
I have already put more than &75K on my current biz plat for this year and it should give me an access to Centurion Lounges with 2 guests for the year of 2024.
What happens if I apply for a new biz plat now and cancel the current one when the next AF hits in February next year? Am I allowed to bring 2 guests to the lounge free of charge? Or not until I put 76K on the new card?
I appreciate if I get some response on this.

Thank you.
michaelmorio
If you cancel the card on which you had put $75k on you will lose the access for the free 2 additional guests you earned on that card. You will need to spend $75k on the new card to get this benefit on that card.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 7:32 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by friedablass
If you cancel the card on which you had put $75k on you will lose the access for the free 2 additional guests you earned on that card. You will need to spend $75k on the new card to get this benefit on that card.
This is what I would expect. EXCEPT that in this thread people holding multiple Platinum cards reported that American Express aggregated their spending across those cards to qualify for the guest benefit. Depending on how that is implemented in software the system might activate the guest benefit for additional Platinum accounts opened by the same person. I don't think we have any reports from those who qualified this way to verify if the feature is live on all the cards or only one.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 9:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by mia
This is what I would expect. EXCEPT that in this thread people holding multiple Platinum cards reported that American Express aggregated their spending across those cards to qualify for the guest benefit. Depending on how that is implemented in software the system might activate the guest benefit for additional Platinum accounts opened by the same person. I don't think we have any reports from those who qualified this way to verify if the feature is live on all the cards or only one.
This is interesting, I must have missed that thread somehow.

I went back and checked all of mine and my spouse's Biz and personal plat cards. I see that all of them have the lounge access activated until 1/31/24 even though I know for sure that they each didn't have $75k spend on them in 2022. Probably none of them did but I can check definitively another time just to make sure.

I then added up the spend trackers for the current 2023 year for each of us. My spouse has a total of $114k in spend across all Plat cards and the card with the highest spend, although it did not quite reach $75k, received an email in October that guest access was activated until 1/31/25. The email specifically states you must use that card so I'm not sure how you can test if all your active Plat cards will have the benefit extended to it based on aggregate spend.

I have a total of $105k in spend which isn't that far off from my spouse but none of my cards have the guest access activated beyond end of Jan 2024.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Mia,
Thank you always for you input. I will check the thread you suggested.

Originally Posted by friedablass
This is interesting, I must have missed that thread somehow.

I went back and checked all of mine and my spouse's Biz and personal plat cards. I see that all of them have the lounge access activated until 1/31/24 even though I know for sure that they each didn't have $75k spend on them in 2022. Probably none of them did but I can check definitively another time just to make sure.

I then added up the spend trackers for the current 2023 year for each of us. My spouse has a total of $114k in spend across all Plat cards and the card with the highest spend, although it did not quite reach $75k, received an email in October that guest access was activated until 1/31/25. The email specifically states you must use that card so I'm not sure how you can test if all your active Plat cards will have the benefit extended to it based on aggregate spend.

I have a total of $105k in spend which isn't that far off from my spouse but none of my cards have the guest access activated beyond end of Jan 2024.
Friedablass,
Thank you for your input as well. As you say, why your wife is clear with all her plats and you are not for such a similar spending.

michaelmorio

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.