FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Had Business Platinum previously. Received email offer. Eligible for signup bonus?
Old Dec 7, 2023, 2:13 pm
michaelmorio

Originally Posted by mia
This is what I would expect. EXCEPT that in this thread people holding multiple Platinum cards reported that American Express aggregated their spending across those cards to qualify for the guest benefit. Depending on how that is implemented in software the system might activate the guest benefit for additional Platinum accounts opened by the same person. I don't think we have any reports from those who qualified this way to verify if the feature is live on all the cards or only one.
Mia,
Thank you always for you input. I will check the thread you suggested.

Originally Posted by friedablass
This is interesting, I must have missed that thread somehow.

I went back and checked all of mine and my spouse's Biz and personal plat cards. I see that all of them have the lounge access activated until 1/31/24 even though I know for sure that they each didn't have $75k spend on them in 2022. Probably none of them did but I can check definitively another time just to make sure.

I then added up the spend trackers for the current 2023 year for each of us. My spouse has a total of $114k in spend across all Plat cards and the card with the highest spend, although it did not quite reach $75k, received an email in October that guest access was activated until 1/31/25. The email specifically states you must use that card so I'm not sure how you can test if all your active Plat cards will have the benefit extended to it based on aggregate spend.

I have a total of $105k in spend which isn't that far off from my spouse but none of my cards have the guest access activated beyond end of Jan 2024.
Friedablass,
Thank you for your input as well. As you say, why your wife is clear with all her plats and you are not for such a similar spending.

michaelmorio