Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Had Business Platinum previously. Received email offer. Eligible for signup bonus?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Had Business Platinum previously. Received email offer. Eligible for signup bonus?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2022, 2:29 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by martina
Is it okay to have two Business Platinum cards registered through the same login?
Works like a charm. Both my husband and I have two business cards on the same login. (Our logins are separate from each other.)
Old Nov 26, 2022, 6:57 pm
formerly known as s2kdriver80

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Amex MR, Chase UR
Originally Posted by mia
Similar report from 2015: Can targeted offer be pulled?

Did you attempt to apply by phone using the RSVP code?
No, I did it through the website link provided (there wasn't an obvious number written on the offer letter to do it over the phone anyway). I made sure I typed in the correct code, even taking note of 0s and Os. When the online method didn't work, I called customer service and they said that they had to open a case and couldn't resolve it over the phone right then and there.

So I guess this is a rare case. This happened to me a few years ago as well. Weird. No idea why they can't just give me a working rsvp code immediately. They were claiming offers are given by the marketing department and that there is no direct way to reach them, and they have to go through a step by step process for resolution. I refuse to believe that communications within a company is so badly set up.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by martina
Is it okay to have two Business Platinum cards registered through the same login?
Yes, it is possible. My datapoint is five or six business platinum cards, three or four business gold cards, another business card and a personal card all on the same AMEX login.

FWIW, it’s far easier to check all AmEx card balances on the mobile app than on the desktop website. The mobile app shows a list of all cards with the current balance displayed, desktop website shows one card balance at a time.
friedablass likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 6:22 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
FWIW, it’s far easier to check all AmEx card balances on the mobile app than on the desktop website. The mobile app shows a list of all cards with the current balance displayed, desktop website shows one card balance at a time.
American Express has recently added an Overview tab, to the left of the Home tab, which adds this functionality to the website. In my case it displays three accounts/balances, and then I click > 3 More Cards to see the rest.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by mia
American Express has recently added an Overview tab, to the left of the Home tab
For me, the Home tab is the leftmost tab.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 9:28 pm
mia

It appears American Express is rolling out the Overview tab gradually. I see it with one Username, but not another.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 11:09 pm
formerly known as s2kdriver80

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Amex MR, Chase UR
Lol fml, I called in again yesterday to inquire on the status of the investigation, they had no answer of course, but enticed me with a promo offer on the Business Gold (not as good as the Business Platinum). Applied over the phone and was approved. Today, I find in my mail, another 150k Business Platinum targeted offer. I guess they worked up another code and sent it to me in response to my complaint. Would have been nice to just tell me this from the start as I would have refrained from applying for the Business Gold. Just for kicks, I tried out the new BP rsvp code (but didn't go through with the application) and of course it works. Lol.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 3:40 am
mia

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyer IntrepidClass
.... I guess they worked up another code and sent it to me in response to my complaint.....
Highly improbable. This offer has no connection to the previous one. American Express is a mass market company, these offers are generated far in advance, and you would have received it even if you had opened a Business Platinum card with the previous offer.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75k, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
I am really hoping to get Amex Business platinum (for 35% bonus) but I've already had card 3-4 years ago and under a different business TAX EIN.

I've tried some targeted offers for Amex Business Platinum but get message "This offer is no longer available." If you'd still like to apply for a Business Card from American Express click here."

When I click to see Business Cards offered... I see an offer for 120K welcome offer on Amex Business platinum but when I click through to application it has the verbiage "Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card." If I submit application using this method... what are my chances of getting welcome offer again? There's a lot reports of getting SUB twice but I'm not sure if I need to wait to get targeted off without the ""Welcome offer not available..." verbiage or if this one will work?
Old Apr 11, 2023, 7:28 pm
mia

Originally Posted by eltoddo22

I've tried some targeted offers for Amex Business Platinum but get message "This offer is no longer available." If you'd still like to apply for a Business Card from American Express click here."
This is American Express' way of telling you that you were not targeted.

If the application displays a popup telling you that you are not eligible for a bonus, you will not earn one. You need to receive a targeted offer without the previous cardholder exclusion, directly from American Express. Verify that you have given American Express permission to send you promotional messages by postal mail and email.
eltoddo22 likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 10:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by eltoddo22
I am really hoping to get Amex Business platinum (for 35% bonus) but I've already had card 3-4 years ago and under a different business TAX EIN.

When I click to see Business Cards offered... I see an offer for 120K welcome offer on Amex Business platinum but when I click through to application it has the verbiage "Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card." If I submit application using this method... what are my chances of getting welcome offer again? There's a lot reports of getting SUB twice but I'm not sure if I need to wait to get targeted off without the ""Welcome offer not available..." verbiage or if this one will work?
Had that happening for a month that all links were not working (aka I was not targeted) for my 7th (active) Biz Plat Card- but yesterday I found a 170kMR link with NLL that worked.
Don’t give up it will work sooner or later.
italianlady56 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75k, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mia
This is American Express' way of telling you that you were not targeted.

If the application displays a popup telling you that you are not eligible for a bonus, you will not earn one. You need to receive a targeted offer without the previous cardholder exclusion, directly from American Express. Verify that you have given American Express permission to send you promotional messages by postal mail and email.
Thanks for info. I just tried applying through the non-targeted link in my card offers associated with Amex Account (130K welcome offer). This was not NLL but I didn't get a warning popup after submitting application. So here's hoping that I get bonus.

I also checked my email for NLL targeted offers and did not see any. I mainly use Amex personal cards but I do have an old Marriott Bonvoy business card which I rarely use. I'm jealous of ya'll getting these targeted offers!
mia likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Signup bonus for multiple Amex Platinum cards (Biz)?

Hi,

I had opened years ago a business amex platinum card and received a sign up bonus. Then last January I got a targeted offer, I applied, I did not get the once in a lifetime verbiage, and I got another bonus.

Now I have applied and been approved for another business platinum card, and did not get the verbiage again. Will I still receive my signup bonus I assume?

Thanks!
Old Aug 22, 2023, 3:13 pm
mia

Originally Posted by SV8AA
....I have applied and been approved for another business platinum card, and did not get the verbiage again. Will I still receive my signup bonus I assume?!
Yes, provided the terms of the offer do not exclude previous Business Platinum cardholders, and that you were targeted for the offer by American Express.
SV8AA likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 12:49 am

Programs: N/A
Is the minimum waiting period between getting the same card still 3 months? I applied and was approved for my third business platinum in october but got another mailer today with no lifetime language

And is the maximum number of business cards seems to be 5-6 per login?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.