Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Had Business Platinum previously. Received email offer. Eligible for signup bonus?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Had Business Platinum previously. Received email offer. Eligible for signup bonus?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Happy Traveling Consultant
Apply for another one, but it needs to be 3, not 2, months. 91 days exactly works. I'm working on Biz Plat #3 MSR for the same SUB of 150k. Applied on day 91 and was instantly approved.
Are you suggesting 91 days between applications for the same card (Biz Plat, Biz Plat or Biz Gold, Biz Gold) or 91 days between applications for any AmEx Biz cards (Biz Plat, Biz Gold)? Thank you.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 9:40 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Are you suggesting 91 days between applications for the same card (Biz Plat, Biz Plat or Biz Gold, Biz Gold) or 91 days between applications for any AmEx Biz cards (Biz Plat, Biz Gold)? Thank you.
Must be of the same card as I got Platinum and Gold on the same day several times
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 11:19 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Got a BIZ PLT in October.

Just got a letter in the mail with a reservation code for another BIZ PLT.

Applied....and got this as a result:

​​​​​​Dear 355F1:
Thank you for applying for Business Platinum Card®.We value your Membership and appreciate your interest in another American Express® Card.

We regret we are unable to approve your application.

The reason for our decision is we have approved an application for the same type of Card within the last few months. A Card has been sent to you. If you received the Card but haven't confirmed it yet, please confirm you've received it at americanexpress.com/confirmcard or by calling the phone number on the back of your Card. If you haven't received your Card, and it has been 10 days from the date of your original approval, please call us at 1-800-528-4800.

If you have any questions, please call 1-866-929-5162 or write to us at the address above. You can also learn more about managing your credit at americanexpress.com/us/content/financial-education.

Thank you for your Card Membership. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
American Express Customer Care

There was no lifetime language in the T&C.

DO I have to wait a certain number of days to apply again? I was hoping to double dip the annual credits getting a card before Dec 31.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 11:27 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by 355F1
DO I have to wait a certain number of days to apply again?
91 days. SOURCE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33552123-post32.html
355F1 likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 1:12 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by mia
can confirm that 90 days resulted in “duplicate” aka no approval but 91 did the trick
mia and MDtR-Chicago like this.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 1:13 pm

Got a BIZ PLT in October.

Just got a letter in the mail with a reservation code for another BIZ PLT.

Applied....and got this as a result:

​​​​​​Dear 355F1:
Thank you for applying for Business Platinum Card®.We value your Membership and appreciate your interest in another American Express® Card.

We regret we are unable to approve your application.

The reason for our decision is we have approved an application for the same type of Card within the last few months. A Card has been sent to you. If you received the Card but haven't confirmed it yet, please confirm you've received it at americanexpress.com/confirmcard or by calling the phone number on the back of your Card. If you haven't received your Card, and it has been 10 days from the date of your original approval, please call us at 1-800-528-4800.

If you have any questions, please call 1-866-929-5162 or write to us at the address above. You can also learn more about managing your credit at americanexpress.com/us/content/financial-education.

Thank you for your Card Membership. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
American Express Customer Care

There was no lifetime language in the T&C.

DO I have to wait a certain number of days to apply again? I was hoping to double dip the annual credits getting a card before Dec 31.
BTW you can triple dip
2021 - 2022 and a little bit of 2023 (refund of AF 30 days after it is due)
Old Dec 10, 2021, 8:42 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by blitzen
BTW you can triple dip
2021 - 2022 and a little bit of 2023 (refund of AF 30 days after it is due)
Nice! But not me. I have to wait til Jan 2022 to be out of the 90-day AMEX Jail.
blitzen likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by blitzen
can confirm that 90 days resulted in “duplicate” aka no approval but 91 did the trick
Did you get an email offer? Last year in Dec I got a special email offer and applied. Got approved but one week later got a second email offer. Since the rule was one card per 5 days I applied but the application got declined as a duplicate. I wanted to apply later, but that second link stopped working.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Did you get an email offer? Last year in Dec I got a special email offer and applied. Got approved but one week later got a second email offer. Since the rule was one card per 5 days I applied but the application got declined as a duplicate. I wanted to apply later, but that second link stopped working.
It was either email offer or online on my account when I logged in. Saved the link for month before applying
Old Jan 21, 2022, 4:26 pm

I am curious if anyone has received an offer with no- life-time restrictions lately? Or has Amex figured out something was wrong on their side to have sent of this kind of offers?

michaelmorio
Old Mar 28, 2022, 9:37 pm

Completed spend over a week ago and did not receive the bonus

I completed spend on two cards on the same day and the same time. One was the blue business Plus card (30k) and the other was the business Platinum 150k bonus.

On the 27th I received the 30,000 points for the blue business plus, but did not receive the no language 150,000 bonus.

Has anyone had this before?
Old Mar 28, 2022, 10:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Hershelsdeals
I completed spend on two cards on the same day and the same time. One was the blue business Plus card (30k) and the other was the business Platinum 150k bonus.

On the 27th I received the 30,000 points for the blue business plus, but did not receive the no language 150,000 bonus.

Sorry, I can't answer this as it hasn't occurred to me, but I did want to congratulate you on your first post nearly 6 1/2 years after you joined !
Old Mar 30, 2022, 9:22 am

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
Originally Posted by arrosen
Hi All

I received an offer from Amex for 160K points for getting a Business Platinum card (150K + 10K for authorized user). When I try to apply onine, after I submit my application, I get an error saying "Currently our system is not responding. Please try later or call us at 1-800-519-6736 to apply for a Card. We apologize for any inconvenience". I have tried for several days.

When I call the number (which is incorrect, btw), the agent can only give me the standard 120K offer

Does anyone know what this error means, or how I can get around it? I'd really like the 160K!
Originally Posted by OTPorBust
I had the same issue, except when i called, they tried to put me into a 120k deal, but pop up of no BP happened. Literally the second I hung up the phone, the online offer went through with no pop up. Keep trying
Try a different device/browser.
I am having this issue, tried Brave, Chrome, and Safari browsers. Also noticed that the invite URL has an embedded invite number and zip code. I am the invitee who was targeted, but I've moved since I received the invite and my zip code has changed. Tried again using my old address/zip code, but still got the error. Anybody else have these issues and able to find a workaround?
Old Mar 30, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Hershelsdeals
I completed spend on two cards on the same day and the same time. ...
Did you get the second bonus (SUB) yet?

2 weeks ago I completed minimum spend (tax payments) on a Biz Plat and a Biz Gold within an hour on the same day; one SUB showed pending 6 days later, the other 7 days later (I got a little concerned after 3-4 days ). Both posted to my MR balance on the same day (another day or 2 later).

I seem to remember past MR SUBs posting within 2-3 days of meeting minimum spend. Anyone else think AmEx now delays SUB posting by a few (more) days?
Old Jun 19, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Getting a 2nd Business Platinum card

I was approved for a Business Platinum card five months ago but was targeted for a second Business Platinum card by mail just a few days ago. Would I get the sign up bonus for the second card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.