Search

AmEx Targeted NLL cards offers

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2022, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Today I received 2 identical copies of a snail mail NLL Biz Plat offer, fortunately expiration date is Dec 31
I got a snail mail one today too. Guess Amex realized I was ignoring their most recent email offer. I'm going to wait another few weeks until late November and triple dip another one.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
… until late November …
I’m sure you know but it should be at least 90 days since your last approval for the same card.

… triple dip another one.
??? 3rd of the same card? 3 different cards at the same time? Inquiring minds want to know* !

(* The origin of “Inquiring minds want to know” goes back to the 70s and the release of the publication “The National Enquirer” in the United States. This tabloid publication would print sensational stories that caught the public eye. It was one of the first “shock-and-awe” publications to hit the newsstand shelves, but it faded in popularity with the dawning of the internet in the late 90s. However, the National Enquirer copyrighted “Enquiring minds want to know” in the late 1980s. So, many people reverted to the alternative spelling of “Inquiring.” The phrase’s popularity made its way into popular culture, and there are plenty of people, from celebrities to journalists and podcasters, who use it today.)
Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:24 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....triple dip another one.
???
A Platinum Card opened late in the Calendar year can earn three Airline Fee Reimbursement benefits before the first renewal fee is due. $200 in December 2022, $200 in 2023, $200 in early January 2024. Similar logic might apply to other benefits which are tied to calendar year.
krazykanuck and Dr Jabadski like this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by mia
A Platinum Card opened late in the Calendar year can earn three Airline Fee Reimbursement benefits before the first renewal fee is due. $200 in December 2022, $200 in 2023, $200 in early January 2024. Similar logic might apply to other benefits which are tied to calendar year.
Thank you. I did that with my (only) Schwab Plat 4-5 years ago, didn’t realize it was called “triple dip”.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Might be a stupid question, why do you need to wait 90-92 days to apply for a new plat Biz from the time you last applied? I never paid attention to time lapsed between apps but I'm guessing it was probably usually more since I alternated between self and spouse. But now I want to do another one on my spouse's name after opening one end of August so am wondering if we need to wait until end of November.
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:56 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by friedablass
Might be a stupid question, why do you need to wait 90-92 days to apply for a new plat Biz from the time you last applied? I never paid attention to time lapsed between apps but I'm guessing it was probably usually more since I alternated between self and spouse. But now I want to do another one on my spouse's name after opening one end of August so am wondering if we need to wait until end of November.
Because if you apply earlier the application is auto declined as a duplicate application. You can try but when I did it was always declined
Dr Jabadski and happychic like this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen
Because if you apply earlier the application is auto declined as a duplicate application. You can try but when I did it was always declined
Nope not going to waste my time. I trust you . Will wait patiently for end of November since the mailer doesn't expire till December anyway. Thanks.
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Might be a stupid question, why do you need to wait 90-92 days to apply for a new plat Biz from the time you last applied?
Because Amex sayz so.
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 10:49 pm

Programs: Yes.
Update...success!
Dr Jabadski and blitzen like this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by econjon
Update...success!
Congratulations. Welcome to the world of AmEx-targeted-NLL-offers addiction, a terrible affliction without known cure !

I got a snail mail one today too. Guess Amex realized I was ignoring their most recent email offer. I'm going to wait another few weeks until late November and triple dip another one.
Is end of November pretty tight for a planned triple dip? Is waiting another few days until December more likely to result in a successful triple-dip?

… need to wait 90-92 days to apply for a new plat Biz from the time you last applied? …
It’s actually 90-92 days from last APPROVAL. Agree with blitzen and krazykanuck. In true Wizard of Oz fashion (some things you have to learn for yourself) I recently learned that lesson (and 2 other lessons) the hard way when I applied at about 70 days and was quickly declined.

(Aug 18) … about 70 days since last biz Plat approval. Received a pop-up one time offer … Bookmarked … bookmarks both worked fine until 2 weeks ago when I TOFTT and applied (using the bookmarks). Of course declined due to recent approval for same card (confirming again the 90 day rule).

Now, the landing page bookmark still works properly but … BOTH go to a page which states “We are sorry.” and “This offer is no longer available.”...
(Sept 5) Yes, I’m crazy. … Today it’s been 91 days since prior Biz Plat approval and 32 days since the declined application quoted above … This … morning called … asked if the application from “last month” could be re-activated and reviewed … he said “let’s see, it’s been 32 days and your last approval was 91 days ago, just in time.” … 1 minute hold …approved, ...
Summary of lessons learned:
- 90-92 days between AmEx applications/approvals for the same card.
- Bookmarked targeted NLL offers only work once.
- Can successfully call recon more than 30 days after application declined.
bobby21 likes this.

Last edited by Dr Jabadski; Sep 29, 2022 at 12:48 pm Reason: clarification
Old Oct 5, 2022, 4:35 am

Pop up gone

Sadly I did not apply for the BBP when I got the pop up, now I cannot seem to get the offer back no matter what I try!

Any ideas how to get it back, or is it random? In future do you bookmark the pop up?
Old Oct 5, 2022, 4:50 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by bobby21
....In future do you bookmark the pop up?
No, you apply when you see it. This is an American Express marketing gambit. Related discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...s-general.html
Old Oct 5, 2022, 8:05 am
Original Poster

… Any ideas how to get it back, or is it random? …
This is a not-infrequent concern. There are several reports of people receiving a targeted NLL offer within 90 days of a previous approval for the same card, thus requiring one “save” the offer until at least 90 days from the previous approval.

Obviously logistically it’s easy to “save” an emailed or hard copy offer which has an expiration date (presuming one can calm their exuberance at ANOTHER targeted NLL offer of many points). I’m looking at a hard copy offer for Biz Plat which I received a week after a previous approval, fortunately it has a Dec 31 expiration, unfortunately every day when I see it I think (for a moment) about applying. (AmEx-targeted-NLL-offers addiction is indeed a terrible affliction, not sure how I would have treated it when I was still working. )

…you bookmark the pop up?
Respectfully disagree with our esteemed highly knowledgeable Moderator. My recent experience as reported here on this thread on August 18, is that the pop-up was a one-time thing that could not be bookmarked but (after clicking on the pop-up) bookmarks of the landing page AND application page did still work as advertised a week or 2 later. The bookmarks apparently worked several times until I actually did the application, then the bookmarks went to a page which stated “offer no longer available”. My conclusion from that experience is that a targeted NLL offer is valid for ONE application.

I think a pop-up (or emailed or hard copy) offer is different from a phone call “by the way” offer (as linked by mia above) in that regard. Phone offer, like a retention offer, is easier to change on a moment to moment basis. A hard copy or email offer with an expiration date (and a “paper trail”) would seem to be difficult to change.
friedablass, bobby21 and blitzen like this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 9:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SW AList + CP
here is a weird one.

received a snail mail one today, 150k for 15k spend, but i already have a biz plat.. and the snail mail didnt have my biz name on it, it had my real name.. how do i know which biz to put into the TAX ID field? i would hate to put the wrong one and they deny my welcome bonus
Old Oct 6, 2022, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by broncophil
here is a weird one.

received a snail mail one today, 150k for 15k spend, but i already have a biz plat.. and the snail mail didnt have my biz name on it, it had my real name.. how do i know which biz to put into the TAX ID field? i would hate to put the wrong one and they deny my welcome bonus
If it has the NLL, you can just put your business name and tax ID. Use your name and SS where it asks for that. You will not get denied if it's an NLL offer and you can use any business name with its corresponding tax ID (assuming the business belongs to you or you have financial responsibility).

Also you can have several biz plat cards at the same time.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.