Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Targeted: $200 "Amex Travel" credit for personal Platinum, use by 6/30/2022.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 18, 2020, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
This appears to be rolling "targeted" $200 travel credit for travel expenses booked directly through AmEx Travel. This offer will be added by more and more Platinum cardholders. It is uncertain what the criteria to when this offer will be added. It appears eventually all Platinum cardholders will receive this credit offer.

Terms of $200 travel statement credit:

For eligible Platinum Card Accounts that renew April 2020 through July 2020, this offer will be available starting August 1, 2020. For eligible Platinum Card Accounts that renew August 2020 through March 2021, this offer will be available starting on the first day of your Card renewal month.

When you book travel through American Express Travel online at amextravel.com or by calling the number on the back of your Platinum Card, you can earn up to $200 in statement credits for eligible travel purchases made with your eligible Platinum Card. You must have a booking with American Express Travel, made on or after the offer start date with your eligible Platinum Card, for your purchase(s) to be eligible for the credit. Statement credit(s) may not be received or may be reversed if the eligible purchase(s) or booking(s) are returned or cancelled. Both booking(s) and charge(s) for eligible travel must be made by 12/31/2021 to receive the credit(s). Eligible travel purchases include purchases of airfare, hotel, flight + hotel packages, cruise reservations, car rentals, and tours made with your eligible Platinum Card, minus returns and other credits. Eligible travel purchases do NOT include purchases of timeshare properties, group reservations or events, ticketing services, cancellation or other fees, interest charges, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents. Purchases by Additional Card Members are not eligible for statement credits. Credits or rewards you may receive with your Card on other purchase categories or in connection with promotions or offers from American Express may not be combined with this offer.

Please allow up to 90 days after an eligible purchase is posted to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. Call the number on the back of your Card if statement credit(s) have not posted by that time. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as eligible for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit(s). To be eligible for this offer, you must have a US consumer Platinum Card that was solicited for this offer. To continue to be eligible for the offer, you must maintain the Platinum Card that was solicited for this offer for the full offer period, or until you have earned and received the full amount of the offer credit if sooner. To receive the credit(s) your Platinum Card Account(s) must be not canceled and not past due at the time of statement credit(s) fulfillment. If a charge for an eligible purchase is included in a Pay Over Time feature balance on your Card Account, the statement credit associated with that charge may not be applied to that Pay Over Time feature balance. Instead, the statement credit may be applied to your Pay In Full balance.

American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc., when acting solely as a sales agent for travel suppliers, is not responsible for the actions or inactions of such suppliers. If we in our sole discretion determine that you have engaged in abuse, misuse, or gaming in connection with the offer in any way or that you intend to do so, we may not credit the offer to, we may freeze the offer credited to, or we may take away the offer from your Account.
​​​​​​​
Print Wikipost

Targeted: $200 "Amex Travel" credit for personal Platinum, use by 6/30/2022.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2020, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'm sorry you have been getting the run around on this. When you requested it, they obviously did not do a good job of
explaining the T&C's.

It's probably better for you to go to the different thread entitled:

"Targeted:$200 "Amex Travel" credit for personal platinum, use by 12/31/2021"

Like others, my first communication from AMEX in May of this year stated:
"In appreciation of your Card Membership, when you renew your Platinum Card this year, you can start earning up to $200 in statement credits after you make eligible purchases with American Express Travel through 12/31/21. Details to come."

Indeed when my renewal month came up (this month) the $200 became available and I was able to apply it to a flight purchased through AMEX.

Good luck in getting some resolution.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Indeed when my renewal month came up (this month) the $200 became available and I was able to apply it to a flight purchased through AMEX.

My renewal was in November, I haven’t seen anything. Is there a separate platinum travel account that you have to look at, I’m just looking at my general AMEX platinum personal account on my mobile? Thanks
Old Dec 28, 2020, 2:42 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
...separate platinum travel account that you have to look at, I’m just looking at my general AMEX platinum personal account on my mobile? Thanks
No, scroll back to post 113 to see what you are looking for.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by mia
No, scroll back to post 113 to see what you are looking for.
thanks for the referral back to Post 113, I guess no love for me. I just checked everywhere can’t find it anywhere on My AMEX site
Old Dec 28, 2020, 3:21 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
We are grateful for the credit. Plan on going to Montreal to use it this year. Was great to stack with the Amex FHR benefit as well.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 1:55 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Just got off the phone with CSR. She looked up my account and told me that I did not get selected for the promo. This was indeed a targeted promo by the marketing department according to the CSR. Some of the factors taken into consideration was spend and travel purchases per the CSR.

As someone who doesn't spend much on my AMEX and puts all of my travel and day to day spend on my Chase United Club and Chase Marriott Bonvoy cards, I understand that I'm just not that valuble to AMEX.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 7:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cfabar1
We are grateful for the credit. Plan on going to Montreal to use it this year. Was great to stack with the Amex FHR benefit as well.
Is that the FHR benefit that expired last month or a new one?
Old Jan 4, 2021, 7:18 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Book the AMEX PLAT travel credit on DEc 30 for $20.60 through AMex travel online. No update in 5 days.
AMEX is getting confused with 4 rep's unaware of the $200 travel credit through 2021 and keep telling do not know about this perk.
Wonder if anyone has a data point on when travel credit appears as one AMEX focal said it could take 90 days.

Last edited by mia; Jan 5, 2021 at 6:56 am Reason: Copied post into more specific thread.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 10:40 am

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
We got a credit for a booking through AmexTravel in the Fall that took about a week to post.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by akr1970akr
We got a credit for a booking through AmexTravel in the Fall that took about a week to post.
Amex confirmed today it takes upto 90 days to get credit. What was different is the NEW CSR confirmed my $200 travel credit was pending and that I was eligible for the offer.
SO I will wait. MY airline fee credit was posted within 2 days of charge so not sure why Amex promoted upto 90 days on travel credit promo. Thanks

Last edited by euromannn; Jan 5, 2021 at 6:38 pm
Old Jan 5, 2021, 11:12 am
mia

Originally Posted by euromannn
Amex confirmed today it takes unto 90 days to get credit.
This targeted benefit has been live since August. No one else has reported this 90 day delay. Did you book a flight that is ~90 days in the future?
Old Jan 5, 2021, 11:29 am

Programs: AA, AMEX Plart, CSR
Originally Posted by mia
This targeted benefit has been live since August. No one else has reported this 90 day delay. Did you book a flight that is ~90 days in the future?
I booked a flight way more than 90 days in the future and it posted in about 2 days but the fine print does say 90 days
Old Jan 5, 2021, 12:08 pm
mia

Originally Posted by clo3o5
....the fine print does say 90 days
Thank you for the clarification. This means the CSR is just reciting the terms to euromannn, and likely has no actual knowledge of when the credit will post.
IndyHoosier and clo3o5 like this.
Old Jan 5, 2021, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Yes, I booked a flight in September 2021 for BOTH the $200 airline fee credit and $200 travel credit. Airline fee credit was posted 2 days after charge. MY travel credit is pending and AMEX cannot even guess when it will post except within 90 days of travel purchase.

Last edited by euromannn; Jan 5, 2021 at 6:37 pm
Old Jan 5, 2021, 3:23 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Originally Posted by euromannn
Amex confirmed today it takes unto 90 days to get credit. What was different is the NEW CSR confirmed my $200 credit was pending and that I was eligible for the offer.
SO I will wait. MY airline fee credit was posed within 2 days of charge so not sure why Amex promoted unto 90 days on travel credit promo. Thanks
To clarify, we booked a close in hotel stay, and the credit posted within about a week, so it was not possible to tell if it was a) because the pre paid had been charged or b) if it posts after the stay. Either way it worked out ok

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.