Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Targeted: $200 "Amex Travel" credit for personal Platinum, use by 6/30/2022.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 18, 2020, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
This appears to be rolling "targeted" $200 travel credit for travel expenses booked directly through AmEx Travel. This offer will be added by more and more Platinum cardholders. It is uncertain what the criteria to when this offer will be added. It appears eventually all Platinum cardholders will receive this credit offer.

Terms of $200 travel statement credit:

For eligible Platinum Card Accounts that renew April 2020 through July 2020, this offer will be available starting August 1, 2020. For eligible Platinum Card Accounts that renew August 2020 through March 2021, this offer will be available starting on the first day of your Card renewal month.

When you book travel through American Express Travel online at amextravel.com or by calling the number on the back of your Platinum Card, you can earn up to $200 in statement credits for eligible travel purchases made with your eligible Platinum Card. You must have a booking with American Express Travel, made on or after the offer start date with your eligible Platinum Card, for your purchase(s) to be eligible for the credit. Statement credit(s) may not be received or may be reversed if the eligible purchase(s) or booking(s) are returned or cancelled. Both booking(s) and charge(s) for eligible travel must be made by 12/31/2021 to receive the credit(s). Eligible travel purchases include purchases of airfare, hotel, flight + hotel packages, cruise reservations, car rentals, and tours made with your eligible Platinum Card, minus returns and other credits. Eligible travel purchases do NOT include purchases of timeshare properties, group reservations or events, ticketing services, cancellation or other fees, interest charges, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents. Purchases by Additional Card Members are not eligible for statement credits. Credits or rewards you may receive with your Card on other purchase categories or in connection with promotions or offers from American Express may not be combined with this offer.

Please allow up to 90 days after an eligible purchase is posted to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. Call the number on the back of your Card if statement credit(s) have not posted by that time. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as eligible for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit(s). To be eligible for this offer, you must have a US consumer Platinum Card that was solicited for this offer. To continue to be eligible for the offer, you must maintain the Platinum Card that was solicited for this offer for the full offer period, or until you have earned and received the full amount of the offer credit if sooner. To receive the credit(s) your Platinum Card Account(s) must be not canceled and not past due at the time of statement credit(s) fulfillment. If a charge for an eligible purchase is included in a Pay Over Time feature balance on your Card Account, the statement credit associated with that charge may not be applied to that Pay Over Time feature balance. Instead, the statement credit may be applied to your Pay In Full balance.

American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc., when acting solely as a sales agent for travel suppliers, is not responsible for the actions or inactions of such suppliers. If we in our sole discretion determine that you have engaged in abuse, misuse, or gaming in connection with the offer in any way or that you intend to do so, we may not credit the offer to, we may freeze the offer credited to, or we may take away the offer from your Account.
​​​​​​​
Print Wikipost

Targeted: $200 "Amex Travel" credit for personal Platinum, use by 6/30/2022.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2020, 11:07 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
hm, i renewed in sept and i don't see the offer. I also chatted amex and they said it was targeted
Old Nov 24, 2020, 4:03 pm

Programs: Alaska, Marriot, Hilton, Avis
Originally Posted by Xavier110
I have two Platinums (don't ask). One renewed in June or July and has the $200 credit -- I got a 30K MR retention for it. The other renewed in October and doesn't have the credit. Got 50K MR retention on that one. Don't really know how they determine which gets what.
Seems that 200 credit + 30k MR should be equivalent to a 50k retention offer, i don't think that's a coincidence. Are there any more data points like this?

For my case:
  • My renewal fee posted on Nov 6.
  • No 200 travel credit. Got a retention offer for 50k points on Nov. 15 so i wonder if that also is making me not targeted for this offer?
  • Had a small chat with a customer service agent, and told me that the offer is only available by "invitation/solicitation" (By amex)
Old Nov 24, 2020, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by javierieh
Seems that 200 credit + 30k MR should be equivalent to a 50k retention offer, i don't think that's a coincidence. Are there any more data points like this?

For my case:
  • No 200 travel credit. Got a retention offer for 50k points on Nov. 15 so i wonder if that also is making me not targeted for this offer?
  • Had a small chat with a customer service agent, and told me that the offer is only available by "invitation/solicitation" (By amex)
I ended up with 50k and $200 travel credit
Old Nov 24, 2020, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Is AmEx Travel still charging $39 to change a airline ticket?

If I'm going to get hit with $39 each time I need to change a flight, I might as well book with the airline with no change fees.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 6:19 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Just checked, no notice on my Nov statement. Bummer.

They’d better offer me a retention bonus in January.
What do you mean? I saw the below in my Nov statement. But it seems to be a bit generic, so applied to everyone, based on the renewal date.
Or are you saying the keyword is "eligible"?

Platinum American Express Travel Credit
When you book travel through American Express Travel you can earn up to $200 in statement credits for eligible
travel purchases made with your eligible Platinum Card through 12/31/2021.

Offer Terms
For eligible Platinum Card Accounts that renew April 2020 through July 2020, this offer will be available starting
August 1, 2020. For eligible Platinum Card Accounts that renew August 2020 through March 2021, this offer will be
available starting on the first day of your Card renewal month.

Btw, does that mean that FHR is included? Since it's on amextravel.com?
Old Nov 25, 2020, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Gasolin
What do you mean? I saw the below in my Nov statement. But it seems to be a bit generic, so applied to everyone, based on the renewal date.
What I am saying is that that message isn’t on my statement. I guess I am one who are not eligible (whatever the eligibility criteria may be).

Congrats on being eligible. Don’t know about FHR, but I believe it has been discussed somewhere.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
... I guess I am one who are not eligible (whatever the eligibility criteria may be).
Have you inquired about your status by phone or chat? If not, look at the earlier posts 53~60.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by MaxVO
Have you inquired about your status by phone or chat? If not, look at the earlier posts 53~60.

I haven’t. Technically, I think it is too early. “For eligible Platinum Card Accounts that renew August 2020 through March 2021, this offer will be available starting on the first day of your Card renewal month.” I’ll check with them in early Jan.
Old Nov 28, 2020, 11:05 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I renewed this month, no offer for me! But I did get a $500 retention credit so I’m a happy camper
Old Nov 30, 2020, 5:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Southwest A-List
Has anyone had to cancel/refund the travel that caused the credit to trigger? I suppose it'll be like any other clawback item but figured I'd ask!
Old Nov 30, 2020, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Gasolin

Platinum American Express Travel Credit
When you book travel through American Express Travel you can earn up to $200 in statement credits for eligible
travel purchases made with your eligible Platinum Card through 12/31/2021.

Offer Terms
For eligible Platinum Card Accounts that renew April 2020 through July 2020, this offer will be available starting
August 1, 2020. For eligible Platinum Card Accounts that renew August 2020 through March 2021, this offer will be
available starting on the first day of your Card renewal month.

Btw, does that mean that FHR is included? Since it's on amextravel.com?

I recently booked an FHR stay and it did apply the $200 travel credit (in addition to the $150 FHR offer).
cfischer likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 11:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
DP: Pre-booked a FHR reservation for a couple weeks from now and got the $200 credit.

We'll see if I keep the res....
Old Dec 2, 2020, 11:22 am

Programs: QF Gold, FB Plat, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold – ex-UA 1k, ex-AA Plat, ex IHG Plat
Originally Posted by javierieh

For my case:
My renewal fee posted late November. Couple months back, I enquired for a retention offer and got offered 20k MR (which I took).. Couple months ago I received that email that I was eligible for the $200 credit, which I indeed was (it started to show early November on my account).
Old Dec 3, 2020, 1:05 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I received the $200 Credit. I plan to stack it with the $150 off $800 FHR credit. Has anyone had experience doing this? Did it work well?

I'm hoping to book a trip for next July. That should be okay as long as I prepay for the reservation to trigger both credits, correct?
Old Dec 5, 2020, 11:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Xavier110
DP: Pre-booked a FHR reservation for a couple weeks from now and got the $200 credit.

We'll see if I keep the res....
Same here. I had forgotten about the $200 travel credit on my account as I booked a FHR hotel reservation. I did the refundable prepaid to get the 5x points. Days later, I noticed the $200 statement credit on my account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.