Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Targeted: $200 "Amex Travel" credit for personal Platinum, use by 6/30/2022.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 18, 2020, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
This appears to be rolling "targeted" $200 travel credit for travel expenses booked directly through AmEx Travel. This offer will be added by more and more Platinum cardholders. It is uncertain what the criteria to when this offer will be added. It appears eventually all Platinum cardholders will receive this credit offer.

Terms of $200 travel statement credit:

For eligible Platinum Card Accounts that renew April 2020 through July 2020, this offer will be available starting August 1, 2020. For eligible Platinum Card Accounts that renew August 2020 through March 2021, this offer will be available starting on the first day of your Card renewal month.

When you book travel through American Express Travel online at amextravel.com or by calling the number on the back of your Platinum Card, you can earn up to $200 in statement credits for eligible travel purchases made with your eligible Platinum Card. You must have a booking with American Express Travel, made on or after the offer start date with your eligible Platinum Card, for your purchase(s) to be eligible for the credit. Statement credit(s) may not be received or may be reversed if the eligible purchase(s) or booking(s) are returned or cancelled. Both booking(s) and charge(s) for eligible travel must be made by 12/31/2021 to receive the credit(s). Eligible travel purchases include purchases of airfare, hotel, flight + hotel packages, cruise reservations, car rentals, and tours made with your eligible Platinum Card, minus returns and other credits. Eligible travel purchases do NOT include purchases of timeshare properties, group reservations or events, ticketing services, cancellation or other fees, interest charges, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of other cash equivalents. Purchases by Additional Card Members are not eligible for statement credits. Credits or rewards you may receive with your Card on other purchase categories or in connection with promotions or offers from American Express may not be combined with this offer.

Please allow up to 90 days after an eligible purchase is posted to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. Call the number on the back of your Card if statement credit(s) have not posted by that time. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as eligible for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit(s). To be eligible for this offer, you must have a US consumer Platinum Card that was solicited for this offer. To continue to be eligible for the offer, you must maintain the Platinum Card that was solicited for this offer for the full offer period, or until you have earned and received the full amount of the offer credit if sooner. To receive the credit(s) your Platinum Card Account(s) must be not canceled and not past due at the time of statement credit(s) fulfillment. If a charge for an eligible purchase is included in a Pay Over Time feature balance on your Card Account, the statement credit associated with that charge may not be applied to that Pay Over Time feature balance. Instead, the statement credit may be applied to your Pay In Full balance.

American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc., when acting solely as a sales agent for travel suppliers, is not responsible for the actions or inactions of such suppliers. If we in our sole discretion determine that you have engaged in abuse, misuse, or gaming in connection with the offer in any way or that you intend to do so, we may not credit the offer to, we may freeze the offer credited to, or we may take away the offer from your Account.
​​​​​​​
Print Wikipost

Targeted: $200 "Amex Travel" credit for personal Platinum, use by 6/30/2022.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2020, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Now shows in our accounts including a 'meter' that none has been used so far. Looks good Still playing w/ the FHR purchase ... but I am just not sure yet where we'll be in 2021
Old Dec 7, 2020, 9:31 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
This is the most mysterious offer ever.

I've read countless articles and all the posts in here.
What I have concluded is the following:
- it is definitely targeted.
- if your Personal Plat renewal occurred:
April 2020 through July 2020, you may have this offer on your account but you may not. Apparently a $200 tracker will show up on your Home screen on the lower right side if you have it.

August 2020 through March 2021, this offer will be may or may not be available starting on the first day of your Card renewal month.

My Plat registered renewal in 4/2020, no tracker, no offer of $200. So I guess I'm out of luck.
My goodness why did they make this one so hard to figure out?
Old Dec 7, 2020, 10:11 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by mrkymark
This is the most mysterious offer ever.

I've read countless articles and all the posts in here.
What I have concluded is the following:
- it is definitely targeted.
- if your Personal Plat renewal occurred:
April 2020 through July 2020, you may have this offer on your account but you may not. Apparently a $200 tracker will show up on your Home screen on the lower right side if you have it.

August 2020 through March 2021, this offer will be may or may not be available starting on the first day of your Card renewal month.

My Plat registered renewal in 4/2020, no tracker, no offer of $200. So I guess I'm out of luck.
My goodness why did they make this one so hard to figure out?
I don’t use the app but I logged into amex.com on my mobile. Is that the account that the meter is showing or is there a separate account for Amex travel where it is shown

Last edited by Flying Machine; Dec 7, 2020 at 10:35 am
Old Dec 7, 2020, 11:06 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
If you log in on the Desktop version it will be ther eon the right hand side.

My product has posted, my tracker tells me that the Benefit has been used up, and my Amex FHR $150 off Amex Offer have both posted. INterestingly enough though, my statement credit has yet to post. I wonder if it is because my statement has not yet closed for the month they are posting the AF in. They might wait until you have paid the AF for the next year to do so.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 12:53 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Here's another place for everyone to check and see if you're targeted... I just received one of the periodic Amex Platinum e-mails featuring various offers/benefits/MR offers, etc. and it was mentioned:

When you’re ready to travel, get up to $200 back
In appreciation of your Card Membership, when you renew your Platinum Card® in 2021, you can earn up to $200 in statement credits on eligible travel purchases with your eligible Platinum Card by 12/31/2021 when you book through American Express Travel.

(FYI my renewal date is in February.)
Old Dec 7, 2020, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Here's another place for everyone to check and see if you're targeted.
(FYI my renewal date is in February.)
I'm not sure if that was a personalized email offer, given that you renewed before the qualification period. But you can always confirm via online chat or by phone.

Last edited by MaxVO; Dec 7, 2020 at 2:22 pm
Old Dec 7, 2020, 3:52 pm

I wonder how Amex is determining who to target with this offer.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I don’t use the app but I logged into amex.com on my mobile. Is that the account that the meter is showing or is there a separate account for Amex travel where it is shown
It should show up on the home page for your Platinum card. Here is what it looks like for me:

mia and Nana Lunastra like this.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 12:52 pm

Point of Reference. My statement will close around December 15 with AF posting on that statement.
Credit appeared around 12/1 or so as an option.
Booked
I have now received my $200 credit.
Statement has not closed yet, it will close around December 15.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 1:28 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I booked a DL airfare 12/3 through Amex Travel (which, by the way, will not pull up Basic Economy fares).

The next day, in the box that showed the offer, it now said, "You've received $200 in travel credits!"

On Dec. 7, the $200 credit posted.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by hotturnip
I booked a DL airfare 12/3 through Amex Travel (which, by the way, will not pull up Basic Economy fares).

The next day, in the box that showed the offer, it now said, "You've received $200 in travel credits!"

On Dec. 7, the $200 credit posted.
I was wondering are you able to cancel the flight and use the credit in the future. I dont have travel plan so far. How is Delta handle third party booking?
bizum likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 11:58 am

Programs: AA, AMEX Plart, CSR
Originally Posted by cubachao
I was wondering are you able to cancel the flight and use the credit in the future. I dont have travel plan so far. How is Delta handle third party booking?
came here to ask the same exact thing. Can we just cancel with delta and keep the credit for the flight?
Old Dec 17, 2020, 1:02 pm

Called in today and they were certainly telling me that this is a highly arrested offer. THat I was one of the fortunate and lucky ones to get this particular perk with my membership of the big kahuna.
Old Dec 21, 2020, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA, AMEX Plart, CSR
So i went ahead and booked a $201 delta flight to redeem this offer and it also triggered the $120 off of $300 spend at delta as well. I also called amex travel and they told me that I can cancel or change this flight with delta if I want to.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by kthpence
As a point of reference, I renewed my Plat card in March 2020 before AMEX was offering an additional $200 travel credit for bookings through them. I reached out via chat to see if they'd be willing to give me that offer and they quickly said yes and no problem. Despite this being a terrible year, that was a huge positive that I'm thrilled AMEX extended me and I'll come out far net + $$ for my platinum this year as a result of all of their offers.

While I miss the lounges and travel aspect, this card for me has huge value still. Bravo Amex.

Circling back on this as I've had a terrible time getting this credit issued to me via AMEX. I've now spoken to 10+ different representatives, all who have now told me different things. Unfortunately, it sounds like I was mislead or given bad information when I asked to have this credit added to my card, despite renewing in March 2020. When I asked, the chat rep said "We have extended this offer to you, all you have to do is book through AMEXtravel.com." I did so, in October of 2020, and the credit never pushed through to the card. Now, when I have tried to get the credit, AMEX is telling me this is a credit for when I renew my card in March of 2021, which makes no sense whatsoever.

Here's the chat I had with them ... how could any reasonable person think that this was actually a credit for my next card renewal of the following calendar year? Just quite frustrating as I purposefully booked something through AMEX Travel, which was more expensive than booking through a hotel direct, as I was told I would get $200 back in a credit. Just bad customer service / direction from AMEX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.