Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 28, 2020, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Enigma368
AMEX COVID-19 BONUS EXPERIENCE WIKI

Doctor of Credit database of services that work/don’t work for credits: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-benefits-workshop-which-merchants-code-for-streaming-wireless-shipping-credits-sortable-table

Please add services that have worked, or NOT worked, for you, along with any relevant notes. See the bottom of the wiki for information on what's supposed to be covered, per the Amex website.
Program T&Cs: https://about.americanexpress.com/si...n-TCs-FAQs.pdf

Wireless Phone Services (see below for rules)
  • WORKED
    • AT&T Prepaid - post 269
    • Greatcall - autopay, posted as WWW.GREATCALL.COM
    • T-Mobile Prepaid - post 265
    • Verizon Wireless Prepaid - posted as VZW PREPAID INTERNET OT
    • Visible - hardware purchase and monthly bill - both posted as VISIBLE LONE TREE
    • Google Fi - posted as wireless credit for many after May 22 (see posts from #385 onwards)
    • ACN Flash wireless - autopay, posted as ACN Flash wireless. Credit posted 24 hours after charge posted.
  • DID NOT WORK
    • xxx
  • YMMV
    • Google Fi - posted as streaming for some (plat - "GOOGLE *GOOGLE FI G.CO/HELPPAY# CA", pay.google.com, additional information shows "GAMES"); no credit on green (additional information shows "Axxxxxxx SELLER"). Not clear if this was a temporary miscoding since it posted as Wireless for several after May 22. UPDATE: GOOGLE FI still sometimes posts as streaming credit. Worked for me on September 14th 2020. Had already used the $20 wireless credit and paid another $20 go Google FI and it was refunded as streaming credit. My experience is that it works 50% of the time.
Streaming Services (see below for officially covered services)
  • WORKED
    • Amazon Music Unlimited - posted as AMAZON MUSIC
    • Amazon Kindle
    • Apple iCloud data storage - reimbursed as streaming subscription
    • Audible
    • Spotify
    • Disney Plus - posted as DISNEY PLUS ECOM
    • Netflix - posted as NETFLIX.COM
    • YouTube - movie rental, directly through YouTube
    • HBOMax
    • Google Play credits (only if purchased in Android Play app)
    • Google Play "In-Game Purchases" billed through google play
    • Google Domain Services
    • Sirius XM Annual Subscription
  • DID NOT WORK
    • Criterion Channel
  • YMMV
    • xxx
Shipping Services (Business Platinum)
  • WORKED
    • USPS.com - Forever Stamps 5/27/2020
    • USPS.com - gift shop.. toy trucks, etc 5/27/2020
    • UPS - Campusship label generated and scanned into UPS stream 5/22/2020 (have not yet tested label generated but not scanned into stream)
  • DID NOT WORK
    • xxx
  • YMMV
    • xxx

Wireless Credit Rules, Per Amex Website (https://www.americanexpress.com/us/r...fo/retail.html)
To earn additional rewards, the purchase must be for monthly wireless telephone service charges and made directly from a wireless telephone service provider in the United States.

The following types of purchases are NOT included for additional Wireless rewards:
  • Purchases from authorized retailers, resellers or third party sellers
  • Purchases for hardware (e.g phones and accessories) or repair services
  • Bundled services offered by Wireless companies for TV, Internet and VoIP
  • VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) services
Examples of merchants that accept the Card and where you can earn additional rewards for Wireless services include:
  • AT&T
  • Sprint
  • T-Mobile
  • Verizon
*This is not a complete list.

Examples of merchants where you will NOT earn additional rewards include:
  • Authorized retailers or resellers (e.g. Spring Communications, Wireless Zone)
  • Superstores (e.g. Wal-Mart, and Target)
  • Electronics stores (e.g. Best Buy, Staples)
Streaming Services Covered, Per Amex Website (https://www.americanexpress.com/us/r...fo/retail.html)
  • Amazon Music Unlimited
  • Apple Music
  • Apple TV+
  • AT&T Now
  • Audible
  • CBS All Access
  • Disney+
  • ESPN+
  • Fubo TV
  • HBO Max
  • HBO Now
  • Hulu
  • iHeartRadio
  • Kindle Unlimited
  • Luminary
  • MLB.TV
  • NBA League Pass
  • Netflix
  • NHL.TV
  • Pandora
  • Prime Video
  • Showtime
  • Sling TV
  • SiriusXM Streaming and Satellite
  • Spotify
  • Stitcher
  • YouTube Music Premium
  • YouTube Premium
  • YouTube TV

Print Wikipost

Amex USA COVID-19 temporary bonuses

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2020, 3:39 pm

Does anyone know if the $20/mth streaming service credit could be used toward an Amazon prime subscription? Amazon charges $12.99/mth for prime vs $8.99 for Prime Video.
Old May 4, 2020, 4:19 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by m3m3m3
Does anyone know if the $20/mth streaming service credit could be used toward an Amazon prime subscription? Amazon charges $12.99/mth for prime vs $8.99 for Prime Video.
Since (a) Amazon Prime subscriptions are not a streaming service and,

(b) since Amazon Prime is not listed on the AMEX list of streaming services (though Amazon Music Unlimited is).....

I'm going to go with "no".
Gasolin likes this.
Old May 4, 2020, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Since (a) Amazon Prime subscriptions are not a streaming service and,

(b) since Amazon Prime is not listed on the AMEX list of streaming services (though Amazon Music Unlimited is).....

I'm going to go with "no".
What is Prime Video referring to on the list then?
Old May 4, 2020, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Sloflyer032
What is Prime Video referring to on the list then?
Amazon Prime is not the same as Amazon Prime Video. The latter is on the list ...
Old May 4, 2020, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
Amazon Prime is not the same as Amazon Prime Video. The latter is on the list ...
so I can buy $20 worth of prime movies and that should be refunded?
Old May 4, 2020, 5:20 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Oh that would be very interesting. Netflix is ~$13, so I wouldn't mind renting $7 worth of more-current movies. Not that Hulu would really go to waste in my household.
Old May 4, 2020, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
There is an Amazon Prime Video subscription. That is what seems to be on the list. Whether the purchase of individual movies through them will get credit ... well, you'd have to try that. It depends on how this gets coded.
Old May 5, 2020, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by CObigtimefan
If you have Verizon prepaid, there is no credit charge. This Amex credit is a huge win for me. Buy your phone outright, move to prepaid, and you’ll save a lot of money. Sure, Verizon doesn’t charge interest on the phone you’re paying off each month... but the plan is significantly more, so in the end you are.
The Platinum ($20 per month) and Green ($10 per month) will work with Prepaid plans such as AT&T Prepaid? If yes, that would be nice.
Old May 5, 2020, 4:25 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I paid $20 of my monthly AT&T bill on May 1, Charles Schwab Platinum, The $20 credit appeared on my account today (dated as of May 4).

For the streaming, I will canceling my ESPN+ and Hulu subscriptions (paid through Apple) and signing up for the Disney Plus bundle.

My annual fee hits in May - I will attempt to get a retention bonus but the card will keep the card this year. Hopefully I can use FHR benefits late this year or early 2021.
Old May 5, 2020, 5:04 am

I rented a movie on amazon over the weekend and it was credited today so for those who dont want to deal with subscriptions that's another way to use the credit
Old May 5, 2020, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
Prime Video is one of the listed options. Amazon doesn't normally restrict rental and video purchases to Prime members. If you look around, you can normally find times when Amazon will have movies for $5. Ones that are marked MA (Movies Anywhere) will port over to Vudu, Google Play, Apple Itunes, if your accounts are linked.

https://slickdeals.net/f/14020802-di...?src=frontpage

Yesterday, I made 4 $5 Amazon Prime movie purchases and will report back when/if the credits post.
Just wanted to provide an update. Today I saw that my $20 Verizon credit posted and also my $20 streaming credit. Prime Video is one of the listed options for STREAMING SERVICES and rentals and purchases both work. Also, you can check movies that are compatible with Movies Anywhere at www.moviesanywhere.com If you buy a movies through Amazon and it is on the list, it will automatically port to Itunes, Google, Vudu, etc if you have your accounts linked

All Disney movies IIRC are compatible with Movies Anywhere.

Yesterday, the Star Wars films were on sale in UHD through Amazon for anyone that is interested. I am not a shill for slickdeals....LOL, but they tend to do a good job of listing Amazon movie/rental deals.

https://slickdeals.net/f/14027573-st...?src=frontpage

Last edited by diesteldorf; May 5, 2020 at 5:36 am
Old May 5, 2020, 5:34 am

I rented a movie on amazon over the weekend and it was credited today so for those who dont want to deal with subscriptions that's another way to use the credit
In my opinion, this is a game changer. I already have enough streaming services, but I've paid for them in advance, so I can't use the streaming credit. If I open a subscription to Disney+ to try it, that would lesson the amount of time that I would use Netflix/Hulu/Youtube TV that I am already paying for.

Using this streaming credit for rentals and video purchases through Amazon Prime Video is great, since I can choose when I want to watch them. Thanks for sharing the data point.
Old May 5, 2020, 6:35 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
On Saturday (May 2nd) I paid my T-Mobile bill, today I already see the $20 credit (dated yesterday, the 4th).
Old May 5, 2020, 6:36 am

Has anyone tried if stamps from USPS.com counts shipping for $20/month Biz Plat?
Old May 5, 2020, 6:56 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by creampiggy
....stamps from USPS.com ....
This page may be helpful (scroll down): https://www.americanexpress.com/us/r.../business.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.