Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 28, 2020, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Enigma368
AMEX COVID-19 BONUS EXPERIENCE WIKI

Doctor of Credit database of services that work/don’t work for credits: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-benefits-workshop-which-merchants-code-for-streaming-wireless-shipping-credits-sortable-table

Please add services that have worked, or NOT worked, for you, along with any relevant notes. See the bottom of the wiki for information on what's supposed to be covered, per the Amex website.
Program T&Cs: https://about.americanexpress.com/si...n-TCs-FAQs.pdf

Wireless Phone Services (see below for rules)
  • WORKED
    • AT&T Prepaid - post 269
    • Greatcall - autopay, posted as WWW.GREATCALL.COM
    • T-Mobile Prepaid - post 265
    • Verizon Wireless Prepaid - posted as VZW PREPAID INTERNET OT
    • Visible - hardware purchase and monthly bill - both posted as VISIBLE LONE TREE
    • Google Fi - posted as wireless credit for many after May 22 (see posts from #385 onwards)
    • ACN Flash wireless - autopay, posted as ACN Flash wireless. Credit posted 24 hours after charge posted.
  • DID NOT WORK
    • xxx
  • YMMV
    • Google Fi - posted as streaming for some (plat - "GOOGLE *GOOGLE FI G.CO/HELPPAY# CA", pay.google.com, additional information shows "GAMES"); no credit on green (additional information shows "Axxxxxxx SELLER"). Not clear if this was a temporary miscoding since it posted as Wireless for several after May 22. UPDATE: GOOGLE FI still sometimes posts as streaming credit. Worked for me on September 14th 2020. Had already used the $20 wireless credit and paid another $20 go Google FI and it was refunded as streaming credit. My experience is that it works 50% of the time.
Streaming Services (see below for officially covered services)
  • WORKED
    • Amazon Music Unlimited - posted as AMAZON MUSIC
    • Amazon Kindle
    • Apple iCloud data storage - reimbursed as streaming subscription
    • Audible
    • Spotify
    • Disney Plus - posted as DISNEY PLUS ECOM
    • Netflix - posted as NETFLIX.COM
    • YouTube - movie rental, directly through YouTube
    • HBOMax
    • Google Play credits (only if purchased in Android Play app)
    • Google Play "In-Game Purchases" billed through google play
    • Google Domain Services
    • Sirius XM Annual Subscription
  • DID NOT WORK
    • Criterion Channel
  • YMMV
    • xxx
Shipping Services (Business Platinum)
  • WORKED
    • USPS.com - Forever Stamps 5/27/2020
    • USPS.com - gift shop.. toy trucks, etc 5/27/2020
    • UPS - Campusship label generated and scanned into UPS stream 5/22/2020 (have not yet tested label generated but not scanned into stream)
  • DID NOT WORK
    • xxx
  • YMMV
    • xxx

Wireless Credit Rules, Per Amex Website (https://www.americanexpress.com/us/r...fo/retail.html)
To earn additional rewards, the purchase must be for monthly wireless telephone service charges and made directly from a wireless telephone service provider in the United States.

The following types of purchases are NOT included for additional Wireless rewards:
  • Purchases from authorized retailers, resellers or third party sellers
  • Purchases for hardware (e.g phones and accessories) or repair services
  • Bundled services offered by Wireless companies for TV, Internet and VoIP
  • VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) services
Examples of merchants that accept the Card and where you can earn additional rewards for Wireless services include:
  • AT&T
  • Sprint
  • T-Mobile
  • Verizon
*This is not a complete list.

Examples of merchants where you will NOT earn additional rewards include:
  • Authorized retailers or resellers (e.g. Spring Communications, Wireless Zone)
  • Superstores (e.g. Wal-Mart, and Target)
  • Electronics stores (e.g. Best Buy, Staples)
Streaming Services Covered, Per Amex Website (https://www.americanexpress.com/us/r...fo/retail.html)
  • Amazon Music Unlimited
  • Apple Music
  • Apple TV+
  • AT&T Now
  • Audible
  • CBS All Access
  • Disney+
  • ESPN+
  • Fubo TV
  • HBO Max
  • HBO Now
  • Hulu
  • iHeartRadio
  • Kindle Unlimited
  • Luminary
  • MLB.TV
  • NBA League Pass
  • Netflix
  • NHL.TV
  • Pandora
  • Prime Video
  • Showtime
  • Sling TV
  • SiriusXM Streaming and Satellite
  • Spotify
  • Stitcher
  • YouTube Music Premium
  • YouTube Premium
  • YouTube TV

Print Wikipost

Amex USA COVID-19 temporary bonuses

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2020, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I think it unlikely to post unless they fix it. Others have already seen their wireless credits post. Doubtful that Sprint takes a day and Google Fi 1-4 weeks.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32350990-post166.html
VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) services aren't included, but Google Fi is both VoIP and traditional cellular (MVNO) through T-Mobile (I think?), so it'll be stretch if AmEx gives us the credit.

A previous poster got credit using Verizon Prepaid, do you think that slipped through or all Prepaid from the big 4 would count towards the credit?
Old May 5, 2020, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by cova
I read elsewhere that others are looking at making an extra payment on the wireless bill with the AmEx for say $20, then let autobill continue.

You can make additional payment on Verizon website but looks like it just goes to the same OneBill payment. I will call Verizon and see if I can make a manual payment of $20 just against the Wireless portion.
See, at this point, its just not worth the trouble....I was thinking of making a payment with my AMEX Green too prior to Auto-Pay...
Old May 5, 2020, 5:40 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I got three e-mails from Amex a few minutes ago:

- $100 credit upon renewal for Delta SkyMiles Reserve
- $50 credit upon renewal for Delta Amex Platinum
- $200 Amex Travel credit for Amex Platinum beginning August (details to come)

I don’t think the $50 Delta Platinum credit had been reported before. That will still likely be a cancel candidate for me
bgriff and IndyHoosier like this.
Old May 5, 2020, 6:05 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I just tried making an extra $20 credit with Verizon to see how it affects things. I will keep everyone posted.
Old May 5, 2020, 6:30 pm

Does anyone know if AT&T TV Now is eligible for the streaming credit? The list says AT&T Now, but since they have so many competing offerings, I wasn’t sure if the TV version might work. Thanks!
Old May 5, 2020, 6:35 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL PL, B6 M3
Originally Posted by rkb2530
On my Verizon bill I get a $5.00 per line discount for autopay combined with paying by debit card. My discount is greater than the AMEX Platinum wireless credit. Trying to figure out a way to take advantage of the credit. It appears that paying for a portion of my monthly bill with a Verizon gift card does not invalidate the discount. Hence my question. I may roll the dice and try it.
Due to the number of lines I get a $50 auto pay discount. Verizon's terms are clear that any use of a credit card on your bill could result in losing the auto pay discount but don't seem to prohibit gift cards.

The real question is does buying a gift Verizon gift card online or in store trigger the Amex credit?
Old May 5, 2020, 6:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I'm happy with these credits. I've updated my Spotify and Hulu accounts with my plat. And I'll pay at least $20 on my ATT wireless each month. I was really frustrated by the fact that I just paid my AF $550 and AU $175 and wasn't getting much out of them. Was about to downgrade.
Old May 5, 2020, 7:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Free Range Airline Chicken
Originally Posted by cfabar1
I just tried making an extra $20 credit with Verizon to see how it affects things. I will keep everyone posted.
I have a big surplus with Verizon from making payment towards a sign up bonus, but I paid $20 with my Plat and $10 with my Green back when news of this first came our, and I received both credits from Amex a day or two later. Doing this every month will be a nuisance, but I will live with it!

Last edited by Mike B; May 5, 2020 at 8:04 pm
Old May 5, 2020, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Magna
VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) services aren't included, but Google Fi is both VoIP and traditional cellular (MVNO) through T-Mobile (I think?), so it'll be stretch if AmEx gives us the credit.

A previous poster got credit using Verizon Prepaid, do you think that slipped through or all Prepaid from the big 4 would count towards the credit?
No idea... I just think that it isn’t a good sign that a Google Fi didn’t trigger a credit within the same time frame that people see credits for other carriers. I just submitted an early payment for my Fi bill that just closed yesterday. If that doesn’t work, I may have to work out something else.
Old May 5, 2020, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Two days ago I purchased a mp3 single song off Amazon and it qualified as a "Amex Streaming Subscription Credit" . I purchased a TMobile Prepaid top off today. Waiting to see if it is credited also. Audible books qualify too. Got credited for that too. So, basically if you purchased twenty (20) separate $1.00 single MP3 songs you will get credited. Not bad!
Old May 5, 2020, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Adelphos
I got three e-mails from Amex a few minutes ago:

- $100 credit upon renewal for Delta SkyMiles Reserve
- $50 credit upon renewal for Delta Amex Platinum
- $200 Amex Travel credit for Amex Platinum beginning August (details to come)

I don’t think the $50 Delta Platinum credit had been reported before. That will still likely be a cancel candidate for me
The $50 Delta Plat credit was reported earlier today in this thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32350983-post119.html

As I mentioned in a reply there, I, too, got an email regarding my Delta Plat, but it didn’t mention any $50 credit for me, so it appears to be targeted.

I feel really “valued” right now with no $50 Delta Play credit and no $200 Plat AmexTravel credit. :/
Old May 5, 2020, 7:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
I paid my Fios bill with an AMEX green and it did not post. I’m going to have to split my T-Mobile payment between green and plat, and hope it triggers on them both.
Old May 5, 2020, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
[QUOTE=lax01;32350714]Assuming your AT&T charge didn't post to include "Uverse" and was actually a wireless bill?

In pending transaction post status my wireless shows as ATT U verse. Will see what it posts finally tomorrow. When I was using my Citi DC it wouldn’t even post as wireless.
lax01 likes this.
Old May 5, 2020, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Any success with buying movies/TV shows on Amazon?
Old May 5, 2020, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Originally Posted by lax01
Assuming your AT&T charge didn't post to include "Uverse" and was actually a wireless bill?
In pending transaction post status my wireless shows as ATT U verse. Will see what it posts finally tomorrow. When I was using my Citi DC it wouldn’t even post as wireless.
Do you have it bundled with Internet or TV?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.