Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 28, 2020, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Enigma368
AMEX COVID-19 BONUS EXPERIENCE WIKI

Doctor of Credit database of services that work/don’t work for credits: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-benefits-workshop-which-merchants-code-for-streaming-wireless-shipping-credits-sortable-table

Please add services that have worked, or NOT worked, for you, along with any relevant notes. See the bottom of the wiki for information on what's supposed to be covered, per the Amex website.
Program T&Cs: https://about.americanexpress.com/si...n-TCs-FAQs.pdf

Wireless Phone Services (see below for rules)
  • WORKED
    • AT&T Prepaid - post 269
    • Greatcall - autopay, posted as WWW.GREATCALL.COM
    • T-Mobile Prepaid - post 265
    • Verizon Wireless Prepaid - posted as VZW PREPAID INTERNET OT
    • Visible - hardware purchase and monthly bill - both posted as VISIBLE LONE TREE
    • Google Fi - posted as wireless credit for many after May 22 (see posts from #385 onwards)
    • ACN Flash wireless - autopay, posted as ACN Flash wireless. Credit posted 24 hours after charge posted.
  • DID NOT WORK
    • xxx
  • YMMV
    • Google Fi - posted as streaming for some (plat - "GOOGLE *GOOGLE FI G.CO/HELPPAY# CA", pay.google.com, additional information shows "GAMES"); no credit on green (additional information shows "Axxxxxxx SELLER"). Not clear if this was a temporary miscoding since it posted as Wireless for several after May 22. UPDATE: GOOGLE FI still sometimes posts as streaming credit. Worked for me on September 14th 2020. Had already used the $20 wireless credit and paid another $20 go Google FI and it was refunded as streaming credit. My experience is that it works 50% of the time.
Streaming Services (see below for officially covered services)
  • WORKED
    • Amazon Music Unlimited - posted as AMAZON MUSIC
    • Amazon Kindle
    • Apple iCloud data storage - reimbursed as streaming subscription
    • Audible
    • Spotify
    • Disney Plus - posted as DISNEY PLUS ECOM
    • Netflix - posted as NETFLIX.COM
    • YouTube - movie rental, directly through YouTube
    • HBOMax
    • Google Play credits (only if purchased in Android Play app)
    • Google Play "In-Game Purchases" billed through google play
    • Google Domain Services
    • Sirius XM Annual Subscription
  • DID NOT WORK
    • Criterion Channel
  • YMMV
    • xxx
Shipping Services (Business Platinum)
  • WORKED
    • USPS.com - Forever Stamps 5/27/2020
    • USPS.com - gift shop.. toy trucks, etc 5/27/2020
    • UPS - Campusship label generated and scanned into UPS stream 5/22/2020 (have not yet tested label generated but not scanned into stream)
  • DID NOT WORK
    • xxx
  • YMMV
    • xxx

Wireless Credit Rules, Per Amex Website (https://www.americanexpress.com/us/r...fo/retail.html)
To earn additional rewards, the purchase must be for monthly wireless telephone service charges and made directly from a wireless telephone service provider in the United States.

The following types of purchases are NOT included for additional Wireless rewards:
  • Purchases from authorized retailers, resellers or third party sellers
  • Purchases for hardware (e.g phones and accessories) or repair services
  • Bundled services offered by Wireless companies for TV, Internet and VoIP
  • VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) services
Examples of merchants that accept the Card and where you can earn additional rewards for Wireless services include:
  • AT&T
  • Sprint
  • T-Mobile
  • Verizon
*This is not a complete list.

Examples of merchants where you will NOT earn additional rewards include:
  • Authorized retailers or resellers (e.g. Spring Communications, Wireless Zone)
  • Superstores (e.g. Wal-Mart, and Target)
  • Electronics stores (e.g. Best Buy, Staples)
Streaming Services Covered, Per Amex Website (https://www.americanexpress.com/us/r...fo/retail.html)
  • Amazon Music Unlimited
  • Apple Music
  • Apple TV+
  • AT&T Now
  • Audible
  • CBS All Access
  • Disney+
  • ESPN+
  • Fubo TV
  • HBO Max
  • HBO Now
  • Hulu
  • iHeartRadio
  • Kindle Unlimited
  • Luminary
  • MLB.TV
  • NBA League Pass
  • Netflix
  • NHL.TV
  • Pandora
  • Prime Video
  • Showtime
  • Sling TV
  • SiriusXM Streaming and Satellite
  • Spotify
  • Stitcher
  • YouTube Music Premium
  • YouTube Premium
  • YouTube TV

Print Wikipost

Amex USA COVID-19 temporary bonuses

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2020, 6:14 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
I just got off the phone with Amex Centurion for the personal card. They said that we are getting the same $20/$20 credits as platinum. Then she said there was a third thing coming, "something you are going to really love" in the next few days. She said she couldn't disclose it and I could tell was on the fence about telling me but I wasn't going to push her and maybe get her in trouble. Super curious, however!
Old May 3, 2020, 6:26 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by abraxis
This is supposedly for Covid and a restaurant benefit would be useless since they're all closed.

We are stuck under house arrest and even Platinum holders watch Netflix and listen to Pandora.
Originally Posted by stimpy
Many restaurants are open for take out. And even some bars are open now with sidewalk service. There is an Amex promo for ordering takeout via grubhub or seamless.

1) Restaurants have been open for takeout/delivery this entire time, and I have noticed a few more restaurants in NYC reopening for takeout the past week or so
2) The restaurants credits for Amex Aspire and Bonvoy smartly run from June through August - I bet there are more dine-in restaurants available nationwide in July and August than there will be in May
3) Bars are offering takeout drink service - again this will likely increase in July and August even in situations where states are still locked down (lets hope not that’s not the case)

The streaming credits are good - the issue is that I will have to switch the billing for many of them from my Apple Card (3% cashback) to Amex Platinum
Old May 3, 2020, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Adelphos
2) The restaurants credits for Amex Aspire and Bonvoy smartly run from June through August - I bet there are more dine-in restaurants available nationwide in July and August than there will be in May
The Amex MR offer is running now...

Way to go, Stimpy! You just redeemed your Amex Offer at Grubhub.com / Seamless.com. Thanks for using your American Express® Card ending in XXXXX to use your Grubhub.com / Seamless.com offer. If your purchase meets the offer terms, you will have successfully redeemed the offer and you'll see your rewards directly on your statement.
Old May 3, 2020, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
The Amex MR offer is running now...

Way to go, Stimpy! You just redeemed your Amex Offer at Grubhub.com / Seamless.com. Thanks for using your American Express® Card ending in XXXXX to use your Grubhub.com / Seamless.com offer. If your purchase meets the offer terms, you will have successfully redeemed the offer and you'll see your rewards directly on your statement.
this is the +1 MR on Grubhub/Seamless for the rest of the year correct?
Old May 3, 2020, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
yeah, presumably this one

Brandinho1 likes this.
Old May 4, 2020, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Yes. Not a big deal unless you order out every night for a big family.
Old May 4, 2020, 9:02 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Yes. Not a big deal unless you order out every night for a big family.
I believe the +1 MR for Grubhub/Seamless has been offered to me every year since i have had the Schwab Platinum. I used it a lot the first year. Last year I didn’t use it as +1 MR because it wasn’t offered on my Amex Gold, and CSR and Amex Gold were still better for spending. This year, it was thankfully offered on my Amex Gold, so I am now earning 5x on Grubhub through year end, which is nice
Brandinho1 likes this.
Old May 4, 2020, 10:17 am

Anyone have a datapoint on whether Straight Talk codes as a wireless service and is eligible for the credit? It should code that way, but its not listed in the initial list of covered wireless providers.
Old May 4, 2020, 10:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by entmodonata
Anyone have a datapoint on whether Straight Talk codes as a wireless service and is eligible for the credit? It should code that way, but its not listed in the initial list of covered wireless providers.
The following types of purchases are NOT included for additional Wireless rewards:
  • Purchases from authorized retailers, resellers or third party sellers
  • Purchases for hardware (e.g phones and accessories) or repair services
  • Bundled services offered by Wireless companies for TV, Internet and VoIP
  • VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) services
Old May 4, 2020, 1:35 pm

Has anyone received reimbursements for their wireless or streaming charges? I know the T&C says 2-4 weeks, but if it is like other Amex offers, it should post faster than that. Thanks.
Old May 4, 2020, 1:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mhdena
Has any Platinum cardholder had a direct communication from Amex about these bonus credits?

Other than sites like this how would the non FTalker/redditer/blog reader know?
I came on here with the same question. I saw the press release bc blogs were linking to it, but I've had zero communication from Amex and nothing in my login page. No banner, no "offer", nothing. So I assume these are automatic bonuses? Otherwise would need to add offer.
Old May 4, 2020, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I came on here with the same question. I saw the press release bc blogs were linking to it, but I've had zero communication from Amex and nothing in my login page. No banner, no "offer", nothing. So I assume these are automatic bonuses? Otherwise would need to add offer.
There is a “New Credits For Your Account” notification in my Amex Offers section of my Schwab Platinum. There is also a notification at the top of the screen of all the new benefits for my other Amex Cards. It seems like they made all the consumer announcement via the login pages today.
Diplomatico likes this.
Old May 4, 2020, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
I found it on the login page, but would not have noticed without the noise on FT
Old May 4, 2020, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by asdfghjk
Has anyone received reimbursements for their wireless or streaming charges? I know the T&C says 2-4 weeks, but if it is like other Amex offers, it should post faster than that. Thanks.
I did get streaming credit for a charge on the 1st, but not yet wireless credit for a charge on the same day.
Old May 4, 2020, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by time_stamp
I did get streaming credit for a charge on the 1st, but not yet wireless credit for a charge on the same day.
Thanks.
I will probably get my credits in a couple days. Charges was posted on 05/03 & 05/04.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.