Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$50 statement credit for purchases made at Saks. Enrollment required prior to purchase.
  • This benefit is available twice a year, once from Jan-Jun and once again from Jul-Dec.
  • Use it or lose it, does not rollover or accumulate. There is no "meter" to track how much you've spent. Check your statement for credits.
  • Per AMEX CS chat the transaction date is what determines whether a purchase is reimbursed from the Jan-Jun benefit or the Jul-Dec benefit.
  • Actual experience from 2019: first-half purchase submitted only 6/27, shipped 6/29, went from pending to posted on 7/1 (but dated as 6/29), credit posted on 7/1, was able to use second $50 credit a week or two later
  • Purchases by Additional Card Members (both the $175 Plat-colored and free Gold-colored) will be reimbursed also, but only up to an aggregate $50 per Account.
CAUTION: A note about Saks online shipping (particularly if ordering very close to the end of June or end of December):
Online orders do not charge until shipped. Many items are carried in-stock by Saks and eligible for ShopRunner shipping - data points suggest that these will charge and ship quickly.
However, many other items on Saks(dot)com drop ship from the manufacturer. For these, expected delivery dates may not be reliable, are not guaranteed, and orders cannot be cancelled easily.
If you place an online order close to the end of an Amex credit period, there is a risk that your item may not ship (and Amex will not be charged) until after the end of the credit period.

Note on shipping & billing times: If a product shows that ShopRunner shipping is available, it is shipped by Saks and is likely to ship and bill quickly. If there's no ShopRunner option, it is likely drop-shipped from the manufacturer meaning the shipping date and actual charge date will be further out.

Things known to count for the credit:
  • Merchandise purchased in Saks stores or online
  • Physical gift cards purchased in-store
  • Physical gift cards purchased online (min $150)
Things that do not get reimbursed:
  • e-gift cards (these are fulfilled by a different vendor)
  • anything bought at "Saks Off 5th" (however, you can use a Saks gift card at Off 5th...)
Print Wikipost

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2020, 5:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by nanirina
i'm pretty sure it doens't work because the charge wont show from Saks. The charge will show from borderfree.
That's true. I've ordered stuff from ebags for example and shipped to Mexico and these companies use "border free" to handle their international shipments and dealing with customs, etc. My final receipt was from borderfree.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 8:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Two boxes of La Maison du Chocolate on their way now for the second half statement credit (my personal Plat and my wife's). Works out to a 50% discount. Still pricey, but these make my wife very happy. And that makes me happy.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 8:59 pm

Oh - I need to use the $50 credit (now that we are in July) before I cancel in like 10 days - what should I get? haha
Old Jul 2, 2020, 11:18 am

Programs: AA, AS, UA, WN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by lax01
Oh - I need to use the $50 credit (now that we are in July) before I cancel in like 10 days - what should I get? haha
Go into the store and buy a $50 gift card. Easy!
Old Jul 2, 2020, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by FrugalShopper
Go into the store and buy a $50 gift card. Easy!
Hah, don't want to go into Beverly Hills - but yeah, that would be best
Old Jul 2, 2020, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Hah, don't want to go into Beverly Hills - but yeah, that would be best
If there's nothing you want right now find an item for $50 online and then when covid finally eases up go in the store and ask for a store credit and use that as a gift card later
Old Jul 2, 2020, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
If there's nothing you want right now find an item for $50 online and then when covid finally eases up go in the store and ask for a store credit and use that as a gift card later
I'm good - found $20 + $30 in skin care products and will pay the ~$5 in tax

Once this credit comes back, bye bye Vanilla Plat!
Old Jul 3, 2020, 4:54 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
Anyone noticed that it seems Saks hasn't boosted their portals offers much during the last few months? Love stacking the Amex Plat credit with a little portal cash back!
Old Jul 3, 2020, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
Anyone noticed that it seems Saks hasn't boosted their portals offers much during the last few months? Love stacking the Amex Plat credit with a little portal cash back!
Was able to get 4% through one of the portals on my 1H purchase in June. Better than nothing, I suppose.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by akr1970akr
Rakuten was 2% back - got a solid 60 cents back haha
Old Jul 4, 2020, 11:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Rakuten was 2% back - got a solid 60 cents back haha
I didn't use the portal this last time, but I will. What the heck😊
Old Jul 4, 2020, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I didn't use the portal this last time, but I will. What the heck😊
Rakuten just sends AMEX MR points every quarter - its essentially free money
Old Jul 4, 2020, 12:04 pm

Rakuten just sends AMEX MR points every quarter - its essentially free money
Yes. I use them all the time, I just failed to go through their portal this last time, unfortunately. Yes, free money. Deposited a $15 check in May👍
Old Jul 5, 2020, 5:10 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by econ
Was able to get 4% through one of the portals on my 1H purchase in June. Better than nothing, I suppose.
Topcashback.com was giving 4% for online Saks purchases at times in the first half of this year. I will try to see if that was also the case for June 30th purchases.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 8:34 pm

Programs: UNITED 1P
darn my first half year $50 credit was wasted. Couldn't make it to a store and bought some stuff from Saks on June 29th and used 2da shipping. Unfortunately item didn't ship till July 1st and credit got given for July 1st

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.