Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$50 statement credit for purchases made at Saks. Enrollment required prior to purchase.
  • This benefit is available twice a year, once from Jan-Jun and once again from Jul-Dec.
  • Use it or lose it, does not rollover or accumulate. There is no "meter" to track how much you've spent. Check your statement for credits.
  • Per AMEX CS chat the transaction date is what determines whether a purchase is reimbursed from the Jan-Jun benefit or the Jul-Dec benefit.
  • Actual experience from 2019: first-half purchase submitted only 6/27, shipped 6/29, went from pending to posted on 7/1 (but dated as 6/29), credit posted on 7/1, was able to use second $50 credit a week or two later
  • Purchases by Additional Card Members (both the $175 Plat-colored and free Gold-colored) will be reimbursed also, but only up to an aggregate $50 per Account.
CAUTION: A note about Saks online shipping (particularly if ordering very close to the end of June or end of December):
Online orders do not charge until shipped. Many items are carried in-stock by Saks and eligible for ShopRunner shipping - data points suggest that these will charge and ship quickly.
However, many other items on Saks(dot)com drop ship from the manufacturer. For these, expected delivery dates may not be reliable, are not guaranteed, and orders cannot be cancelled easily.
If you place an online order close to the end of an Amex credit period, there is a risk that your item may not ship (and Amex will not be charged) until after the end of the credit period.

Note on shipping & billing times: If a product shows that ShopRunner shipping is available, it is shipped by Saks and is likely to ship and bill quickly. If there's no ShopRunner option, it is likely drop-shipped from the manufacturer meaning the shipping date and actual charge date will be further out.

Things known to count for the credit:
  • Merchandise purchased in Saks stores or online
  • Physical gift cards purchased in-store
  • Physical gift cards purchased online (min $150)
Things that do not get reimbursed:
  • e-gift cards (these are fulfilled by a different vendor)
  • anything bought at "Saks Off 5th" (however, you can use a Saks gift card at Off 5th...)
Print Wikipost

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2020, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
You can never have too many underwear 😉 You can buy 3 for $49.00 plus tax. They have several versions of the ones below for women: They're made in the Dominican Republic.
https://youtu.be/mFBpGzWpZNY
And here's a direct link to the 3 for $48
https://m.saks.com/pd.jsp?productCod...Ntt=wacoal&N=0
I think that pretty perfectly explains why I'm not the ideal Saks customer
Old Jun 11, 2020, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by josephstern
I think that pretty perfectly explains why I'm not the ideal Saks customer
Well if you can’t even find use for free underwear....
Old Jun 11, 2020, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Segments
Well if you can’t even find use for free underwear....
OK - under duress, I picked up some new Falke socks.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 3:20 am

Useless applying your usual shopping habits to this. My wife usually grabs some make up product she'd never buy otherwise. Last time I bought 2 pillows. Its not hard to find one thing to use this throwaway credit on, even if you're "paying" many times more than you usually would buying elsewhere.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I like to use the credit on Kiehl's products. Another good option is Molton Brown, they have some really nice hand soaps (~$30) and other body products. The hand soaps make nice gifts.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by Seattle206
How long does it typically take for AMEX to apply the $50 credit? Purchased a gift on the SFA website on May 16 and have not seen anything posted yet :/
This is more of a crossing your t's and dotting your i's question, but did you enroll your card for the Saks benefit?
Old Jun 13, 2020, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I like to use the credit on Kiehl's products. Another good option is Molton Brown, they have some really nice hand soaps (~$30) and other body products. The hand soaps make nice gifts.
Thanks for the heads up on Moltron Brown, I love their men's shower gel and didn't realize saks carried it. Hopefully Sak's is still offering free shipping in July when my next $50 hits.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Thanks for the heads up on Moltron Brown, I love their men's shower gel and didn't realize saks carried it. Hopefully Sak's is still offering free shipping in July when my next $50 hits.
You can sign up for a Shoprunner membership courtesy of your Plat card.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...ts/shoprunner/
Old Jun 16, 2020, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Thanks for the heads up on Moltron Brown, I love their men's shower gel and didn't realize saks carried it.
I *love* the Lime & Patchouli hand wash. It used to be called Thai Vert. Discovered it in the men's room in the lobby of the Mandarin Oriental in Manhattan shortly after it opened. Has been perpetually stocked in my bathroom since.

Then, I discovered a very powerful (and lovely) travel-size room fragrance spray at my hotel in Zermatt a few years ago. I don't think they ever sold it in the US and seems to have been discontinued in Europe too.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 8:21 am
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Has anyone tried purchasing online and shipping outside US and got the $50 credit? I know there is additional shipping fees but not sure if all charges will be denominated in USD and from saks.com
Old Jun 21, 2020, 9:41 am

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
I couldn’t find any DPs in this thread, so my apologies if this has already been covered.

Anyone have experience with using Shoprunner to get free shipping, but the order is “preordered”? I ordered my wife some UGG slippers but it says they won’t ship until October. It’s been five days since the order and all I see on my online statement is two $1 charges from Shoprunner that are pending.

Wondering if I should order something else before the end of the month. Want to make sure I use my credit up.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 9:54 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by rdh0924
....order something else before the end of the month.....
Yes, Saks will not bill until the item ships and may well cancel the order if there is a supply chain problem. See discussion from mid-December, beginning at post 242.:
ijgordon likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 11:51 am

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by mia
Yes, Saks will not bill until the item ships and may well cancel the order if there is a supply chain problem. See discussion from mid-December, beginning at post 242.:
Good looking out. Thanks for that!
Old Jun 27, 2020, 3:57 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, American Express US / UK, Chase
Originally Posted by jix
Has anyone tried purchasing online and shipping outside US and got the $50 credit? I know there is additional shipping fees but not sure if all charges will be denominated in USD and from saks.com
I'd also like to see if there are any DPs on this. The T&Cs for the benefit clearly mention this as not being covered, but you never know.. it might work.

Only the Basic Card Member or Authorized Account Manager(s) on a U.S. Consumer Platinum Card® Account can enroll in the benefit. Eligible purchases must be charged to the enrolled Card Account for the benefit to apply. Purchases by both the enrolled Basic Card Member and Additional Card Members on the eligible Card Account are eligible for statement credits. However, each Card Account is only eligible for up to a $50 statement credit from January through June and up to a $50 statement credit from July through December for a total of $100 per calendar year in statement credits across all Cards on the Account. Valid at Saks Fifth Avenue online or at locations in the US and US Territories. Not valid on Saks Fifth Avenue Gift Cards or purchases at outlet locations (in stores and online). Excludes purchases at restaurants located within the store and Online Bill Pay for Saks Credit. Not valid on online purchases shipped outside of the US. Please allow 2-4 weeks after an eligible purchase is charged to your Card Account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the Account. Please call the number on the back of the Card if statement credits have not posted after 4 weeks from the date of purchase.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 8:58 pm

Programs: UNITED 1P
Originally Posted by gvsi
I'd also like to see if there are any DPs on this. The T&Cs for the benefit clearly mention this as not being covered, but you never know.. it might work.
i'm pretty sure it doens't work because the charge wont show from Saks. The charge will show from borderfree.
mia, Global Adventurer and gvsi like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.