Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$50 statement credit for purchases made at Saks. Enrollment required prior to purchase.
  • This benefit is available twice a year, once from Jan-Jun and once again from Jul-Dec.
  • Use it or lose it, does not rollover or accumulate. There is no "meter" to track how much you've spent. Check your statement for credits.
  • Per AMEX CS chat the transaction date is what determines whether a purchase is reimbursed from the Jan-Jun benefit or the Jul-Dec benefit.
  • Actual experience from 2019: first-half purchase submitted only 6/27, shipped 6/29, went from pending to posted on 7/1 (but dated as 6/29), credit posted on 7/1, was able to use second $50 credit a week or two later
  • Purchases by Additional Card Members (both the $175 Plat-colored and free Gold-colored) will be reimbursed also, but only up to an aggregate $50 per Account.
CAUTION: A note about Saks online shipping (particularly if ordering very close to the end of June or end of December):
Online orders do not charge until shipped. Many items are carried in-stock by Saks and eligible for ShopRunner shipping - data points suggest that these will charge and ship quickly.
However, many other items on Saks(dot)com drop ship from the manufacturer. For these, expected delivery dates may not be reliable, are not guaranteed, and orders cannot be cancelled easily.
If you place an online order close to the end of an Amex credit period, there is a risk that your item may not ship (and Amex will not be charged) until after the end of the credit period.

Note on shipping & billing times: If a product shows that ShopRunner shipping is available, it is shipped by Saks and is likely to ship and bill quickly. If there's no ShopRunner option, it is likely drop-shipped from the manufacturer meaning the shipping date and actual charge date will be further out.

Things known to count for the credit:
  • Merchandise purchased in Saks stores or online
  • Physical gift cards purchased in-store
  • Physical gift cards purchased online (min $150)
Things that do not get reimbursed:
  • e-gift cards (these are fulfilled by a different vendor)
  • anything bought at "Saks Off 5th" (however, you can use a Saks gift card at Off 5th...)
Print Wikipost

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2020, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Javier1704
Yes. I’ve been ordering online and returning at the store. Never had a clawback until the purchases and returned made for the first half of 2020.

I’d have to switch to a gift card strategy. Does that still works?
In the past, did you return just part of the order that would have still resulted in a net charge of $50+ after the return and this time you returned the entire order or enough merchandise that the net charge would have been less than $50? If so that could be why. If you've been ordering things online and returning the entire order and still getting the credit, you can't blame Am Ex for the clawback and constant returns at Saks could have triggered something with Am Ex and you can't blame them at all for clawing it back.

The gift card still worked in January for me but you have to buy the gift card at a regular saks store, not online or at an off-fifth store.

For the credit this half, I just used it to buy some AESOP shower gel I liked and it used over $48 of the credit.
Old Sep 30, 2020, 1:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Javier1704
Yes. I’ve been ordering online and returning at the store. Never had a clawback until the purchases and returned made for the first half of 2020.

I’d have to switch to a gift card strategy. Does that still works?
I bought a physical gift card in store and got the credit. March 2020
Old Oct 21, 2020, 3:28 pm

Anybody having issues with ShopRunner and Saks? Went to make an order today and the option never displays

I chatted with a SR rep and they said Saks is having website issues...
Old Oct 21, 2020, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by lax01
Anybody having issues with ShopRunner and Saks? Went to make an order today and the option never displays

I chatted with a SR rep and they said Saks is having website issues...
ShopRunner is only available for items Saks has in stock and ships from Saks. They also sell a lot of items on Saks.com that are drop-shipped from the original manufacturer, and those items never show SR availability. Not sure what the item is you're looking at, but might be the reason.
mia likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by SusanDK
ShopRunner is only available for items Saks has in stock and ships from Saks. They also sell a lot of items on Saks.com that are drop-shipped from the original manufacturer, and those items never show SR availability. Not sure what the item is you're looking at, but might be the reason.
I checked a few items - a few that I'd already ordered from ShopRunner...I never even got the prompt for ShopRunner...

I just tried another random item that I saw was available for pick-up, same thing...

Guess I'll re-try in a few days
Old Oct 24, 2020, 12:30 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I checked a few items - a few that I'd already ordered from ShopRunner...I never even got the prompt for ShopRunner...

I just tried another random item that I saw was available for pick-up, same thing...

Guess I'll re-try in a few days
It's a few days later so I wanted to report that I just used Shoprunner, so I can confirm an item to test with is Acqua di Parma Colonia Pura cologne, 3.4oz.
If you don't see the button at checkout, next to the Paypal button, I recommend checking your ad blockers and cookie settings.

Side note: $170 cologne, less 10% coupon, less $150 worth of Amex credits (incl. $100 from past gift card purchases) = $3+tax cologne. And then I should earn 10% cash back from Rakuten depending if my coupon code excludes the cash back.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 1:35 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Maybe a week ago I think ebates/Rakuten was 2% off generally but 10% off in some specific category that didn't help me but looks like 10% across the board now?

https://www.rakuten.com/saksfifthavenue.com
Old Oct 24, 2020, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Zorak
Maybe a week ago I think ebates/Rakuten was 2% off generally but 10% off in some specific category that didn't help me but looks like 10% across the board now?

https://www.rakuten.com/saksfifthavenue.com
thank you! 10% is rare
Old Oct 24, 2020, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Gig103
It's a few days later so I wanted to report that I just used Shoprunner, so I can confirm an item to test with is Acqua di Parma Colonia Pura cologne, 3.4oz.
If you don't see the button at checkout, next to the Paypal button, I recommend checking your ad blockers and cookie settings.

Side note: $170 cologne, less 10% coupon, less $150 worth of Amex credits (incl. $100 from past gift card purchases) = $3+tax cologne. And then I should earn 10% cash back from Rakuten depending if my coupon code excludes the cash back.
Let me check again - thanks!

:: Yup, it working now! Le Labo beard oil ($67) - $50 and 10% cash back

Weirdly, even though I selected ShopRunner, it seems I've been charged shipping - so now I have to call them :facepalm:

LOL ordered twice - charged standard shipping despite it showing "FREE ShopRunner shipping" on the review page - what a pain in the ... - I would hold off or check your orders

Last edited by lax01; Oct 24, 2020 at 11:06 am
Old Oct 24, 2020, 11:35 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Is it just me or is this category entirely empty?

https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/c/ho...et-foods-candy

was going to buy Mom some chocolates for her birthday. There were plenty of choices a week or two ago...
Old Oct 24, 2020, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
Is it just me or is this category entirely empty?

https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/c/ho...et-foods-candy

was going to buy Mom some chocolates for her birthday. There were plenty of choices a week or two ago...
Yup, methinks the website was updated but still having issues

Weirdly, ShopRunner got notice of my order too as I got emails from them - who the hell knows whats going on
Old Oct 25, 2020, 1:55 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Let me check again - thanks!

:: Yup, it working now! Le Labo beard oil ($67) - $50 and 10% cash back

Weirdly, even though I selected ShopRunner, it seems I've been charged shipping - so now I have to call them :facepalm:

LOL ordered twice - charged standard shipping despite it showing "FREE ShopRunner shipping" on the review page - what a pain in the ... - I would hold off or check your orders
​​​​​​
I recommend calling Saks to fix it before it ships. I had a poor experience with a different merchant and Shoprunner's response was effectively "you or the merchant did something wrong", so you won't have any support or recourse from SR.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Gig103
​​​​​​
I recommend calling Saks to fix it before it ships. I had a poor experience with a different merchant and Shoprunner's response was effectively "you or the merchant did something wrong", so you won't have any support or recourse from SR.
I did call - they couldn't do anything - they suggested I cancel and re-order - which I did and it still didn't work

This is becoming WAY more trouble than its worth - might just go into the store
Old Oct 25, 2020, 2:59 pm

...This is becoming WAY more trouble than its worth - might just go into the store
Saks stores near me are a pleasure to visit -- clean, uncrowded, nicely decorated, and safer than packages going through the mail. The cashier even wiped my payment card with alcohol after use.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by MaxVO
Saks stores near me are a pleasure to visit -- clean, uncrowded, nicely decorated, and safer than packages going through the mail. The cashier even wiped my payment card with alcohol after use.
Caught you in a lie! If it were a real SFA store, one wouldn't dare call the Most Holy Customer Experience Representative a "cashier."
cruisr and MaxVO like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.