Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$50 statement credit for purchases made at Saks. Enrollment required prior to purchase.
  • This benefit is available twice a year, once from Jan-Jun and once again from Jul-Dec.
  • Use it or lose it, does not rollover or accumulate. There is no "meter" to track how much you've spent. Check your statement for credits.
  • Per AMEX CS chat the transaction date is what determines whether a purchase is reimbursed from the Jan-Jun benefit or the Jul-Dec benefit.
  • Actual experience from 2019: first-half purchase submitted only 6/27, shipped 6/29, went from pending to posted on 7/1 (but dated as 6/29), credit posted on 7/1, was able to use second $50 credit a week or two later
  • Purchases by Additional Card Members (both the $175 Plat-colored and free Gold-colored) will be reimbursed also, but only up to an aggregate $50 per Account.
CAUTION: A note about Saks online shipping (particularly if ordering very close to the end of June or end of December):
Online orders do not charge until shipped. Many items are carried in-stock by Saks and eligible for ShopRunner shipping - data points suggest that these will charge and ship quickly.
However, many other items on Saks(dot)com drop ship from the manufacturer. For these, expected delivery dates may not be reliable, are not guaranteed, and orders cannot be cancelled easily.
If you place an online order close to the end of an Amex credit period, there is a risk that your item may not ship (and Amex will not be charged) until after the end of the credit period.

Note on shipping & billing times: If a product shows that ShopRunner shipping is available, it is shipped by Saks and is likely to ship and bill quickly. If there's no ShopRunner option, it is likely drop-shipped from the manufacturer meaning the shipping date and actual charge date will be further out.

Things known to count for the credit:
  • Merchandise purchased in Saks stores or online
  • Physical gift cards purchased in-store
  • Physical gift cards purchased online (min $150)
Things that do not get reimbursed:
  • e-gift cards (these are fulfilled by a different vendor)
  • anything bought at "Saks Off 5th" (however, you can use a Saks gift card at Off 5th...)
Print Wikipost

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2021, 11:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Also 10% at Rakuten today plus $50 off $250 at Saks
Old Jan 1, 2021, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Went to a Saks 5th in Oahu to burn my credit. Asked to buy a giftcard, she asked how much, I said 50$ and without a beat said "Amex Plat?".
I did that on 12-30 and doing it today on 1-1!

Safe Travels
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
Went to a Saks 5th in Oahu to burn my credit. Asked to buy a giftcard, she asked how much, I said 50$ and without a beat said "Amex Plat?".
I did that on either 1/1 or 1/2/2020. I was in Chicago for New Years and don't have a saks near me and the sales associated said it was the third $50 gift card he sold that day and thought it was odd he was selling that many gift cards right after Christmas LOL
krazykanuck, United747 and Zorak like this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 4:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I ordered some shoes last month using the credit and a GC. Don’t fit and need to return and purchase different shoes. Can I send back and get a store credit then apply that to new purchase and pay difference with plat for this year’s first credit? I don’t want Saks to screw it up.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 4:12 pm

Ok so I can order a gift card online? I can never find anything for 50.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 4:29 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by gilbride05
Ok so I can order a gift card online? I can never find anything for 50.
Yes, but as noted in the thread wiki, the smallest physical gift card you can buy online and get the AMEX reimbursement is $150. (You can buy smaller denominated eGCs but those are fulfilled from a different vendor and will NOT get the AMEX credit)
tobikosan likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 6:26 pm

Thank you!
Old Jan 7, 2021, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
They are out of all the Aesop and Molton Brown porducts I like Hopfeully I'll be able to trave before June 30 and get a gift card
Old Jan 7, 2021, 7:29 pm

I am hearing this stacks with PayPal $30 offer too....Reddit data point
Old Jan 8, 2021, 2:56 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by cfischer
This was a promotional bonus for Black Friday. This is NOT a regular gift card. It does have an expiry and can be used at Saks or SaksOff5th. They run the promo every year.
I just got a postcard for something like this. Spend $250/$500/$1000/$2000/$3000, get a promotional gift card for $25/$50/$100/$450/$700.

Not useful to me (I look to get the $50x2 per year and that's about it) but in case this is helpful for anyone else:

Old Jan 8, 2021, 4:13 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
There was a Braun hand-held blender that my wife has been wanting for a while on sale with some accessories for $49.95 (regular price is twice that), free shipping with Shop Runner, and some cash back with Rakuten. Tax brought the total to about $53, so will get the kit for just three bucks.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 10:23 pm

AMEX won the last round of 2020.

Made an online purchase the last week of December and it didn’t ship until yesterday. Of course the initial charge fell off before 2021.

I made a backup purchase on 12/31 to get in right before the deadline. A few days later the Saks email says SOLD OUT.

This is the first $50 Saks credit I lost out on since its inception.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 10:27 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
How often does Rakuten/TCB have 10%+ CB for Saks? I need to make a purch in Jan to get the $40 referral bonus, wondering if I should wait for a higher CB than the current 2%.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 10:41 am

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Went to the Saks at Ball Harbour on 12/29 with my brother to buy my SO a Perfume she had been wanting. Total came to $103.50 and we ask the CSR lady to split the transaction. She put $51 on my card and the remaining balance on my brothers Plat. Well, Amex gave us the credits on 12/31 and my SO loved the gift (extra gift after Christmas) while only thinking we used an Amex Sync offer to get it So looks like my SO might be getting a second gift soon
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by carlitos
Went to the Saks at Ball Harbour on 12/29 with my brother to buy my SO a Perfume she had been wanting. Total came to $103.50 and we ask the CSR lady to split the transaction. She put $51 on my card and the remaining balance on my brothers Plat. Well, Amex gave us the credits on 12/31 and my SO loved the gift (extra gift after Christmas) while only thinking we used an Amex Sync offer to get it So looks like my SO might be getting a second gift soon
Nice move and nice brother!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.