Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Policy Changes effective March 22, 2019

NOTE: FOR PLATINUM CARD MEMBERS ONLY

The Centurion Lounge is a day of departure lounge. We will not admit arriving Platinum Card Members with boarding passes for flights that have just landed. We will admit Platinum Card Members with layovers or connecting flights who produce proof of connecting flight.

We will not admit Platinum Card Members more than 3 hours before the departure time on the Platinum Card Member’s same-day, confirmed boarding pass. This does not apply to Platinum Card Members with a connecting flight.

We will admit children under 2 years of age free of charge, provided an accompanying parent or guardian is able to produce a “lap infant” boarding pass or proof of age
Source: https://thecenturionlounge.com/info/access/
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge crowding (2015-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2017, 9:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
What happens if I try to get access using my Plat card that I cancelled a month ago ? Will Centurion lounge dragons able to see if card has been cancelled ?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
What happens if I try to get access using my Plat card that I cancelled a month ago ? Will Centurion lounge dragons able to see if card has been cancelled ?
Yes
Old Sep 28, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
... of course.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Looks like a policy update won't let non-premium card members pay for one time access anymore. New policy starts Monday October 2.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...turion-lounge/
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JHake10
Looks like a policy update won't let non-premium card members pay for one time access anymore. New policy starts Monday October 2.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...turion-lounge/
Access now is personal Platinum, business Platinum and centurion cards. What was it before? Like you couldn't use a DL Platinum to enter, correct? IE what exactly was "removed" from access?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:51 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
...what exactly was "removed" from access?
The ability to buy a $50 daypass with an American Express Gold, Green, or credit card.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:13 pm

I wonder how many people have been buying those single access passes...

$50 can buy you a decent amount of food/drinks at the airport.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mia
The ability to buy a $50 daypass with an American Express Gold, Green, or credit card.
So this will do hardly anything. I have to say I didn't even know the day pass thing was a thing... haha
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
I don't think it will do much. I've seen other AMEX card members come up and ask about the lounge. When they are told its $50 they walk away.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JHake10
I don't think it will do much. I've seen other AMEX card members come up and ask about the lounge. When they are told its $50 they walk away.
Yep. Amex eventually has to limit it to +1 or just issue X number of guest passes, as many in this thread have suggested. I can't imagine that $50 day pass sales were ever a meaningful number of club entrances, and this is mostly optics to make people think they're doing *something* to limit crowding, and once this doesn't work, just like their family -> +2 limit didn't work, they'll move on to the next domino.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 4:32 pm

It's progress. Combine this with no more guesting and no access for AUs. Do it in phases if you have to.

A giant family with 5 kids in strollers at the DFW CL today. Stop telling me people like this aren't the problem.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott
Originally Posted by kb9522
A giant family with 5 kids in strollers at the DFW CL today. Stop telling me people like this aren't the problem.
Actually unless you know how many times they have been in the lounge then you have no idea if they are the problem.

It may be the only time this year they are in the lounge.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by drwilliams
Actually unless you know how many times they have been in the lounge then you have no idea if they are the problem.

It may be the only time this year they are in the lounge.
It doesn't matter if it was once or more than once. Even once is absolutely ridiculous.

If they had paid $50 a head, I *probably* wouldn't complain.

These type of people are absolutely the problem, and need to be addressed sooner rather than later.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by kb9522
It doesn't matter if it was once or more than once. Even once is absolutely ridiculous.

If they had paid $50 a head, I *probably* wouldn't complain.

These type of people are absolutely the problem, and need to be addressed sooner rather than later.
ROFL

You have no idea their situation. Maybe one parent has a personal platinum for the family. Plus they own a business and have a business platinum. So they can't bring their kids in? Maybe they paid for one? Or maybe the intelligent person with common sense controlling the entry said 'wow kids in strollers' and let in one extra guest?

This is the kind of thing that I have had people tell me my kids don't believe in First Class or in the lounge to begin with.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
ROFL

You have no idea their situation. Maybe one parent has a personal platinum for the family. Plus they own a business and have a business platinum. So they can't bring their kids in? Maybe they paid for one? Or maybe the intelligent person with common sense controlling the entry said 'wow kids in strollers' and let in one extra guest?

This is the kind of thing that I have had people tell me my kids don't believe in First Class or in the lounge to begin with.
I don't know their situation, but apparently you do?

Pretty sure toddlers don't have their own plat cards. This is an obvious case of guesting gone out of control.

This kind of thing is what amex should be addressing. It's okay if they want to do it piecemeal, as long as they do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.